Why I stopped posting on UG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: Re: Why I stopped posting on UG

Originally posted by Spaz Medicine
You are absolutely right here, but there are times when it seems like there is no rhyme or reason to posts being deleted. I is just me.

the worst thing in the world is when slinky has to point out to someone why the post was deleted, and then that person acts as if they dont understand what hes talking about.
I learned alot from this board.
I learned my lesson.
And besides, something alot of people dont get is that this board is not a democracy, although the governing(sp?) powers that be, are pretty fucking lenient, and most of us get away with posting almsot anything.
When people question the moderator for deleting something so obvious, it really is an insult to the moderator, as if the posters thinks the moderator doesnt see the posters intentions as clear as day.

Spaz, this in not directed at you, Im just posting what I think.

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
Re: Re: Re: Re: Why I stopped posting on UG

Originally posted by BigMadM
the worst thing in the world is when slinky has to point out to someone why the post was deleted, and then that person acts as if they dont understand what hes talking about.
The single biggest reason that I usually don't do it. (second reason being that the answer I get back is usually "I didn't break that rule... let me tell you why").

Re: Re: Why I stopped posting on UG

Originally posted by slinkybender
One truly amazing irony is that the person who ... has whined incessantly to thousands of people that this occurred, has the gall to use the following quote in her Yahoo profile:

"No one can humiliate you without your permission." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
lol

As outrageous as this is, it's also strikes me as extremely funny. But then, I love irony. I'm surprised it wasn't a haiku, though.

Originally posted by jp1064
... It amazes me how seriously some people take this board when in all actuality it's really only a place for us to bullshit all day about a subject we all love, and to stroke our little egos by speaking out ...
Damn! And all this time I've been stroking something else. Thanks for putting me straight!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Why I stopped posting on UG

Originally posted by BigMadM
.... Spaz, this in not directed at you, Im just posting what I think.
You're right, and I am not really complaining. I am just pointing out that there are times when I have made posts that have disappeared and I still don't know why. It does not really matter, I move on and I do not openly question it, but if I knew what I did wrong those times, it would not be an issue in the future.

danger-us

BACKCHANNEL BOY
If someone posts something, and they see it gets "asterisked out", they can't claim they had "no way of knowing" that it was "off limits"....
Nothing was "asterisked out." It was as I said. There really was no way of knowing that this person was out of favor. No asterick, no nothing. (BTW, do you really think you are the only one with brains around here?)

What I say about that, what you say.. IT DOES NOT MATTER. To focus on defending your rational on my banning just keeps you from understanding the real issue. If you would allow yourself, you might see I was trying to help by pointing out the discrepancy in how you treat some board members versus others and how this is bad for the health of the board. That is the point.

One truly amazing irony is that the person who danger-us claims was "run off of UG", and who has whined incessantly to thousands of people that this occurred, has the gall to use the following quote...
"the person who was run off" ??? Did you read my post or just what you wanted to get out of it? I didn't say one person. Sinky, funny thing is, I wasn't actually even thinking about her, and that is the truth. After 6 months all I had allowed myself to recall (until you reminded me) was this other person dogging many, many people. Not just one. I agree with what Ozzy said, it was the atmosphere this poster helped create. I know many other people also agree (and you'd hear from them if only they had the balls to speak out).

Maybe you'd like to believe the only casualty was the person with the E. Roosevelt quote, but it was much more than that. But now that I think about it, you were probably too satisfied with how things were going to see any of that. Everything was fine because you were loving every minute of it. You may never understand that allowing that crap is detrimental to the whole community.

If you think everything is grand and that you have made all the right decisions, you are certainly welcome to your own perspective on things. And you can believe these things as you sit there wondering why UG is not more successful.

Slinky Bender

Originally posted by danger-us
(BTW, do you really think you are the only one with brains around here?)
No, but when someone claims they have no idea the sun is out, and it's High Noon, I know who doesn't have brains.

And you are right, I do treat the stupid members differently - or the one's who do a really good impression of being stupid. but what's the funniest is the one's who want credit for being both stupid and not stupid, each time when that suits them.

What I say about that, what you say.. IT DOES NOT MATTER. To focus on defending your rational on my banning just keeps you from understanding the real issue.
Funny, but it's your failure to allow yourself to see the rational behind why you were banned, which (as can be seen from MULPTIPLE PEOPLE"S POSTS), everyone but you saw, prevents having any sort of reasonable discourse with you. You want everyone else to "admit to" their "fault", but deny the possibility (much les the fact) that you were the source of your misfortunes, no I, and all you want to do is project your unhappiness that everything doesn't go your way on me. Sorry, but you need to grow up. Cryng that one person (or two people) somehow "chased away" everyone by simply stating their opinion, is saying that those who got chased are somehow "challenged".

And for those wondering what the real reason is for at least a certain number of posters disappearing..... take a look around: they aren't posting anywhere. I'll state that they aren't posting because of people who used to post here, and elsewhere... but it's certainly NOT because of who d-u claims it is.

PS to d-u: if you think I'm wrong about that last statement, feel free to list all of those posters who you think are no longer here because of the person who you think - but I'll ask why you can continue to claim that when that person hasn't been here, or anywhere else, in 4 months.

Re: Re: Re: Why I stopped posting on UG

Originally posted by Monk
"No one can humiliate you without your permission." -- Eleanor Roosevelt

As outrageous as this is, it's also strikes me as extremely funny. But then, I love irony. I'm surprised it wasn't a haiku, though.
dear monk,

humiliation?
i am not who you believe;
i find it sexy

~xxx

danger-us

BACKCHANNEL BOY
Cryng that one person (or two people) somehow "chased away" everyone by simply stating their opinion...
Alcoholics, drug addicts, sex addicts, and even webmasters, all denying a problem exists. And things won't get better until you admit your mistakes. You obviously do not want to look at your behavior nor claim any responsibility for the decline of Utopia Guide. But that certanly is your prerogative.

danger-us

BACKCHANNEL BOY
oh slinky, here's an interesting nugget that may have slipped your memory regarding the first time I was banned. After I was banned there was a big discussion about it, with several people disagreeing with your decision. One of those people who outwardly disagreed was your "lawyer," justlooking.

Mysteriously, after a couple days, the entire discussion was DELETED from the UG records. Hmmm, the fair and open slinky? This refutes your bogus claim about my banning. Now, why don't you try to deny this so someone who was there can stand forward and point out what a liar you are.

Slinky Bender

oh slinky, here's an interesting nugget that may have slipped your memory regarding the first time I was banned. After I was banned there was a big discussion about it, with several people disagreeing with your decision. One of those people who outwardly disagreed was your "lawyer," justlooking.

Mysteriously, after a couple days, the entire discussion was DELETED from the UG records. Hmmm, the fair and open slinky? This refutes your bogus claim about my banning. Now, why don't you try to deny this so someone who was there can stand forward and point out what a liar you are.
It's a funny statement considering I LINKED TO THAT DISCUSSION RIGHT HERE IN THIS THREAD*. It's even funnier that you came back and didn't say "boo", but now what? A YEAR AND A HALF LATER, you're coming back and being a whiney little bitch about it?

And which bogus claim? You pulled move which any idiot would know wold have resulted in exactly what happened (well, I gues not any idiot, because we see which idiot didn't). Except that ytou decuded that since you wanted to do it, you should be able to. It's very similar to what you are doing right here: coming here and traking a shit (as jras points out), and expect that SINCE IT'S YOU that it's ok. This whole thread is a totally self absorbed and self cetnered, cry baby tantrum on your part. in fact, i think the opnly reason you have come back is because NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON SEEMS TO HAVE MISSIED YOU IN YOUR ABSENCE. So, you needed to come back and point out that you're not here anymore, since no one else did.

What is your major malfunction, numbnuts? Didn't Mommy and Daddy show you enough attention when you were a child?

I guess it's just what I should expect from a BLT like you.

PS "Sinky, funny thing is, I wasn't actually even thinking about her, and that is the truth."

Who do you think you're kidding with that crap? (because the alternative is that you're either knowingly lying, or totally clueless about someone who you thought you knew).

* and anyone who has looked at the link has seen that you are 100% wrong in your assertions about what jl (and just about eveyone else in that discussion) had to say about you banning. But why let facts get in the way of your dogma?

danger-us

BACKCHANNEL BOY
Re: Re: Why I stopped posting on UG

All the while pretending that they are "defending" agrieved parties, when the plain fact is they are no better than those who they are complaining about.
The above quote is bunk.

I wrote that certain people (and I gave two general examples) consistently broke rules 2 or 4 with no consequence. Then you wrote that I am no better than those who I am complaining about. Bunk.

nuthin and hvb? Do you really think you can find ANYONE to agree with you on that one? I have consistently broken rules 2 and 4 on par with nuthin and hvb?

What is the basis for your statement?

Here I have pointed out where you are flat out wrong. No one, outside the prospect of brownie points, could possibly agree with you, based on the wealth of evidence in the UG archives.

Shall we just say you misspoke?

danger-us

BACKCHANNEL BOY
It's a funny statement considering I LINKED TO THAT DISCUSSION RIGHT HERE IN THIS THREAD*.
* and anyone who has looked at the link has seen that you are 100% wrong in your assertions about what jl (and just about eveyone else in that discussion) had to say about you banning. But why let facts get in the way of your dogma?
This is so easy to debunk that it funny, ha ha funny. You still want to cling to your "100% wrong" statement? I'll give you a chance to retract.

Slinky Bender

I guess at this point I'll just stick with "you can't argue with an idiot".

PS "General examples": oxymoron? You can't give real examples so you make bogus claims and call them examples.

PPS So when are you going to actually stop posting here, as opposed to keep coming back and talking about not posting here?

danger-us

BACKCHANNEL BOY
I posted to try to help the UG community. Slinky, you took it the wrong way. My main point is that you may want to reevaluate your stewardship.

This isn't about me or whether I was missed. Being missed on this whore board is not important to me, even though I appreciated many people here in the past. There were people I had respect for, like justlooking, who also grew to respect my contribution to the board. As for those who are here now and have posted in this thread, I seemed to have gained the respect of Ozzy, even though we didn't always agree on everything. I got along well with Kimmie and enjoyed her vulnerable yet strong persona, I appreciated BMM's humorous and honest perspective. There are others who I'm sure enjoyed participating with me as I did with them, even if they aren't in this thread, or even at UG anymore. Your attempt to deride me is only amusing for you and those who seek your approval. It is not meaningful, factual or consequential to me.

But being missed by my friends and family is what is really important. I do not live by an online persona. Your insults do not hurt and if you really thought they would, perhaps it reflects on your skewed view on what is important in life.

danger-us

BACKCHANNEL BOY
I know that UG is failing and I tried to give a perspective, take it or leave it. By no means do I think it is the only factor towards UG's woes, but one to be looked at if you seriously desire things to get better.

Obviously, you interpreted what I wrote as an attack against you. It is understandable human nature to get defensive when someone points out that you could have handled things better.

So you have attacked me back with a mixture of your opinion plus some adolescent insults. Was it your intent to change this from a discussion of opinion into an insult laden spat? You were the first to throw out personal insults/ name-calling, as if you couldn't possibly make your point based on evidence alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.