Why I stopped posting on UG

Status
Not open for further replies.

danger-us

BACKCHANNEL BOY
Originally posted by danger-us
oh slinky, here's an interesting nugget that may have slipped your memory regarding the first time I was banned. After I was banned there was a big discussion about it, with several people disagreeing with your decision. One of those people who outwardly disagreed was your "lawyer," justlooking.
Originally posted by slinkybender
* and anyone who has looked at the link has seen that you are 100% wrong in your assertions about what jl (and just about eveyone else in that discussion) had to say about you banning. But why let facts get in the way of your dogma?
Originally posted by justlooking 04-03-2003 06:53 PM
FWIW, I protest danger-us's banning.

I don't think it's "obvious" that what danger-us posted was already outlawed. It wasn't 100% clear at least to me that the anti-advertising rules apply to this situation (although I see how they do). You had to read pretty hard to know that prior similar posts had been taken down. Moreover, the information he gave was already pretty clear from other exisitng posts, so I can see how someone would have assumed it must be alright to state it.

danger-us

BACKCHANNEL BOY
nuthin chased justme off the board for a while. justme is a great contributor as well as a nice person. When people like justme leave (even if they eventually return) and people like nuthin are allowed to break rules incessantly, something is really wrong.

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
You have the right to remain stupid (and everyone else has the right to look at that post in context - you know, in the middle of the thread which you claimed in this thread was deleted - and see exactly how full of shit you are).

danger-us

BACKCHANNEL BOY
However, (remarkably) you (slinky) left up the posts that completely refutes what you had said. It's actually quite funny watching you try to ignore how you were debunked. You can yell "stupid" and any other childish insult you want. That's basically all you've got.

Those who might think as you do, will disagree with me. The majority who know you have made errors of judgment will silently agree with me. Silently, because you have developed quite a vindictive reputation.

There are many, many of us intelligent enough to understand the difference between the truth and what a "webmaster" says. There are plenty of us who know that a webmaster is just another person; fallible and capable of mistakes.

If I thought UG had a bunch of fluffers, and ignoramus morons, I was WRONG!!! Those other boards are the definition of the words.....No ass kissing, shilling, bs here. No white knights!
This is surely a tongue-in-cheek comment, right? Sometimes I feel like puking - the obvious ass kissing and shiling that goes on on UG.

All Powerful WHAT?

\Mod"er*ate\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Moderated; p. pr. & vb. n. Moderating.]
1. To restrain from excess of any kind; to reduce from a state of violence, intensity, or excess; to keep within bounds; to make temperate; to lessen; to allay; to repress; to temper; to qualify; as, to moderate rage, action, desires, etc.; to moderate heat or wind.

2. To preside over, direct, or regulate, as a public meeting; as, to moderate a synod.

Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.

who me?

stop posting here? but i'm here to help the UG community. how about you, slinky... everything ok? you are sounding quite shrill. this does not seem to be helping the community at all.

sincerely concerned, ~xxx

I'm one like slinky mentioned, who either has a hard head (not that one) or is just plain stupid. I made a post. He deleted it, my dumb ass reposted what was deleted...and was BANNED.

To me it doesn't matter with whether I really did break a rule or not. It's not my board, all of us providers and hobbyists are merely guests on Slinky and Allen's board..If you dont agree with how they run it there are other places to go.

Because this is a open form,cool, go ahead and state your opinion but again what's the thrill in taking cheap shots at the moderator? Especially in post after post its obvious that what you have to say isnt changing their opinion? No one can force another person to agree with them...one of the great things about these boards is that everyone doesn't agree.

Just my two cents. I've reverted to lurking, I figured with my hard head it was the safest course of action.

Truth

Arbeit Macht Frei
Originally posted by skagen
This is surely a tongue-in-cheek comment, right? Sometimes I feel like puking - the obvious ass kissing and shiling that goes on on UG.
It's amazing how long people will keep coming back to a place just so they have something too complain about.

That's not exactly correct.

Well then damn I musta fucked up twice, cause I sure as hell remember posting something that was deleted then reposting it....guess I broke two rules..hence the banning...either way, it's still the same whether I realize I broke the rule or not, or even know which one I broke, or think I didnt break one at all it's the moderators show. You live and you learn...

JP- I obviously didnt even know why I was banned, so I still think passing thru and lurking every now and again is still my safest course of action...I just couldntl help myself this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.