• The general negative attitude

Votes: 38 33.0%
  • That you can’t post reviews of non-advertisers

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • That providers are treated poorly

Votes: 7 6.1%

• Total voters
Originally posted by alterego
And you can get burgers there fried in butter!

æ
This post made me think of something totally revolting...

do you think anyone has ever made a battered dipped, deep fried hamburger? Maybe something like southern fried steak (which personally I also think is revolting along with...corndogs!)? Can't say I've known of, or seen, anything like that.

Last edited:
Originally posted by jp1064
This post made me think of something totally revolting...

do you think anyone has ever made a battered dipped, deep fried hamburger? Maybe something like southern fried steak (which personally I also think is revolting along with...corndogs!)? Can't say I've known of, or seen, anything like that.
You've never been to Houston Tx.
Chicken-fried hamburger. y'all

Last edited:
holy sonnet batman

DEATH be not proud, though some have called thee
Mighty and dreadfull, for, thou art not so,
For, those, whom thou think'st, thou dost overthrow,
Die not, poore death, nor yet canst thou kill me.
From rest and sleepe, which but thy pictures bee,
Much pleasure, then from thee, much more must flow,
And soonest our best men with thee doe goe,
Rest of their bones, and soules deliverie.
Thou art slave to Fate, Chance, kings, and desperate men,
And dost with poyson, warre, and sicknesse dwell,
And poppie, or charmes can make us sleepe as well,
And better then thy stroake; why swell'st thou then;
One short sleepe past, wee wake eternally,
And death shall be no more; death, thou shalt die.

I'm Sure The One Thing We All Want Is More Discussion Of That Party

Originally posted by Wwanderer
Anyway, I think it is fascinating and quite revealing that various people see a simple and ordinary social event organized around hobbying so extremely differently. Imo, it is a direct consequence of the fact that some people active in the hobby have really and fundamentally, not just nominally or intellectually, rejected its cultural stigmatization and accepted it as an ordinary part of their lives, as much as anything else on which they spend similar time, attention and money. For them, having a party organized around The Biz is no weirder than having one organized around conventional business connections or hobbies/interests and so forth. For the other group, the ones who still believe that it is evil or shameful or evidence of inadequacy or whatever, it seems like a really weird thing to do, and it is hard for them to imagine what it is like, how people behave and so on.

(Btw, swingers parties are like that too...just like any other party, except that people pair off and have sex according to quite different psychological "scripts" than in conventional social gatherings.)

-Ww
Sorry to bring this up again, but it occurred to me over the weekend that Wwanderer seems to think that people like me get creeped out by these parties because we're not sufficiently liberated in our sexuality.

Whereas really the problem we have with have with these parties (swingers parties, too) is that they seem so retrograde.

Last edited: