• That you can’t post reviews of non-advertisers

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • That providers are treated poorly

Votes: 7 6.1%

• Total voters

pjorourke

Thinks he's Caesar's Wife
Originally posted by alterego
Meanwhile, you're pulling ahead in the poll...

æ
Coming around the backstretch turn, its Ozzy in the lead with HvB catching up fast. BTW, how long till the Ky Derby?

Cloud Nine

I had to open my big mouth.......
Doesnt the fact that pj and Thorn et al keep fighting with HvB mean that they are actually posting and not not posting? This is like a conundrum or something.

pjorourke

Thinks he's Caesar's Wife
Conundrum my ass!

Originally posted by Cloud Nine
Doesnt the fact that pj and Thorn et al keep fighting with HvB mean that they are actually posting and not not posting? This is like a conundrum or something.
Actually, I'm not fighting with her. Just occassionally lobbing a little friendly shit. I didn't even vote for her in the poll.

Originally posted by NOYL
Never thought I'd find myself rooting for hvb.

Go hvb, go!
you know what's so great about ug noyl? at the end of the day, i'll have my life and you'll have yours. can't think that doesn't make me giggle on a fairly regularly basis.

Originally posted by Cloud Nine
or as thorn said, i stopped posting because of hvb until i STARTED posting BECAUSE of hvb.

(pj just doesn't like getting outted. bet when he tells cb she's been writing to me, she'll make a pee pee in her pants.)

Last edited:

NOYL

Poster Child for Birth Control (ironic, no?)
Originally posted by h. von bingen
you know what's so great about ug noyl? at the end of the day, i'll have my life and you'll have yours. can't think that doesn't make me giggle on a fairly regularly basis.
Hmmmm, let's see. My main residence in northern NJ is paid for. I collect rent from the property. I have two waterfront homes at the NJ shore, both paid for. I rent one and use the other for myself.

Yeah, I got to admit, life is rough.

Originally posted by NOYL
Hmmmm, let's see. My main residence in northern NJ is paid for. I collect rent from the property. I have two waterfront homes at the NJ shore, both paid for. I rent one and use the other for myself.

Yeah, I got to admit, life is rough.
maybe maybe not. who cares: NJ ugh.

but the point is: you're still you (and even you know you hate you).

and i'm still me.

Wait a minute...

HvB doeen't post anymore because of a nother poster?

What kind of logic is that?

Moreover, if one no longer posts, how can they vote in the poll (and then put up a post about why they don't post)?

I must have just passed through the Looking Glass. :eek:

edit: BTW I didn't vote. If you guys weren't taking pokes at each other there'd be hardly any daily volume.

Last edited:

Wwanderer

Kids, don't try this at home
Originally posted by occasionalhobbyist
The Drama
That is about right imo. The way I would put it is that as the fraction of the posts that are basically UG self-referential material increases, my interest decreases. By "UG self-referential material" I mean posts that are primarily about UG or other UGers or the poster's own UG persona/conduct, as opposed to posts that are about something that exists independent of UG (whether it be provider reviews or discussions of hobbying/providing in general or Off Topic discussions of movies or politics or even the damn audio equipment). It is possible to get drawn into intense self-referential discussions, as most of us (including me) do at times, but in the long run that sort of thing does not sustain a net community in my experience.

(Of course, this whole thread is self-referential material.)

((Btw, I tried to vote for two items on the list, but it would only let me do one, fwiiw.))

-Ww

Last edited:
Originally posted by Wwanderer
The way I would put it is that as the fraction of the posts that are basically UG self-referential material increases, my interest decreases. By "UG self-referential material" I mean posts that are primarily about UG or other UGers or the poster's own UG persona/conduct, as opposed to posts that are about something that exists independent of UG (whether it be provider reviews or discussions of hobbying/providing in general or Off Topic discussions of movies or politics or even the damn audio equipment). It is possible to get drawn into intense self-referential discussions, as most of us (including me) do at times, but in the long run that sort of thing does not sustain a net community in my experience.
I'm a FH, but I agree with that COMPLETELY.

(I'd even say it's another example of the bad influence of blog culture.)

to Ww

I'm still waiting to read your response to OddFellow's thread.

I agree with you as well; this thread is ironically in itself an "answer" to the poll.

Wwanderer

Kids, don't try this at home
Re: to Ww

Originally posted by itlbn
I'm still waiting to read your response to OddFellow's thread.
It will probably be a few days, maybe a week...sorry about that. It also won't contain any huge surprises for those who have read enough of my previous posts about attitudes toward hobbying and so forth.

-Ww

Last edited:
I have curtailed my posting of reviews simply because the majority of the women I currently see wish to remain way under the radar.

When I make the aquaintaince of someone that I discover is not a total newbie and is seeking additional clients, I do disclose my ability to write a review, and ask permission. I have found out on numerous occasions that the providers are quite unprepared to deal with the deluge of e - mails or phone calls that are the actual result of a positive UG review. This ultimately results in a request to have the review altered or contact information deleted.

I don't let other posters board persona detract from my like/dislike of UG. Some I find informative, others amusing. I find some peoples conduct and opinions appalling and others refreshing.

Just like in real life, it truly takes all kinds. I have learned to not take internet communication too seriously, but I do value honesty and quality information. If you have been around here for a while, you know which posters tastes run similar to your own, and who is just shilling for discounted sessions. It is easy to figure out after a previously reviewed session if the reviewer was giving you the staight dope on things. In short, you learn who to trust, and who to follow.

I applaud those who have the courage to bare their souls here. Often, I find myself identifying with their thoughts exactly. It offers me solace, in some strange way, that there are others who think, feel and act the way I do. Misery truly does love company. In the same vain it is nice to be around those of like mind.

I enjoy seeing others benefit from my labor. Even in real life, if I find a way to do something quicker, better, or cheaper, I have no problem sharing. I would hope that those that benefit from my knowledge, have the courtesy to share their knowlege in return.

Perhaps I have read way too much into this issue. One cannot deny that posting is way down.

Are finances tight?

Have people found alternative ways of choosing a provider?