Why bother getting married in this day and age.

It's not equal distribution (as you posted) but equitable distribution Sorry for the misunderstanding of the terminology I still find it wrong for a woman to go after more than what she knows her husband can afford. As for both spouses earning comparable salaries and agree to waive I agree unless children are involved then child support should be done fairly to see that the child or children do not do without.
It has nothing to do with affordability but it is distribution of assets accumulated during the marriage. So if you have a house and then get married and then divorced the amount distributed is related to the increase in value of the house during he marriage. There are other factors influencing this.
Genius is not a legal type.

A buddy of mine owned his house outright before he meet and married she tried to go after the house but since she did not contribute she was not entitled to it only the joint savings was on the table her and her lawyer tried to appeal but the judge said she was not entitled to any part of the house she worked but did not pay anything towards house utilities or repairs all her money she spent on her and her private account.

A buddy of mine owned his house outright before he meet and married she tried to go after the house but since she did not contribute she was not entitled to it only the joint savings was on the table her and her lawyer tried to appeal but the judge said she was not entitled to any part of the house she worked but did not pay anything towards house utilities or repairs all her money she spent on her and her private account.
Exactly. And if you don't have kids and you own a house jointly, if one wants the house he/she has to buy out the other. In my case I agreed to take mostly cash and securities and I set up a regular 5 year loan (written into the divorce agreement) so my ex could stay in the house.

Having kids complicates the matter as they need a place to live and you want them (unless you are a total shit) to be disrupted as little as possible.

Those are the cases that disgust me too
I've known a few guys who fell prey to this. One guy had it coming, he got caught cheating and even when she gave him an out he was arragant about it.
Another one the wife was just a fat cow who was vindictive.
Yep.. agreed

Knew of someone as well— Worked his tail off to provide for the family’s comfortable life style- She was a stay at home who spent his money foolishly and one day woke up and decided she was bored— Started fu$$ing a guy, filed for divorce and gets and inequitable portion of all assets.

All the young guys I talk to have no interest in getting married because they only see a downside.

The antiquated divorce laws still heavily favor the woman and they know this.

Woman will still entertain the thought because they know finding the right sucker means getting paid the rest of their lives.

I know a lot of guys chafe at that 6 6 6 standard a lot of Gen Z woman stick to.
With kids 17% for the first 21% for the second.

Then if she didn’t work she’s entitled to alimony to include the lifestyle she was used to.

Now to me that’s where the laws are outdated. Yes you should support your children 100%. But if your done your done, she needs to go to work to pick up her end. How is a guys supposed to give up 21% and then pick up alimony and be able to live.

You see it so much now, a couple gets divorced and they still live in the same house.

Laws, religion and politics needs an updating from us constituents.

It’s a global phenomenon. Been studies of it in Japan for awhile now. There birth rate by dropping bt on the point the government is becoming concerned about it.
It's a major problem. Strictly from a mathematical point of view an economy needs more young people to enter it to replace the older ones leaving it.

Actually since the people entering the economy are also expected to support the retirement of those leaving it there is a major problem where more people need support from less people entering the economy.

There is a similar problem in the US with social security which IMHO, it has always been a Ponzi scheme where an increasing number of people drawing benefits from an inadequately funded system get their benefits from a growing base. Alas the base ain't growing.

With kids 17% for the first 21% for the second.

Then if she didn’t work she’s entitled to alimony to include the lifestyle she was used to.

Now to me that’s where the laws are outdated. Yes you should support your children 100%. But if your done your done, she needs to go to work to pick up her end. How is a guys supposed to give up 21% and then pick up alimony and be able to live.

You see it so much now, a couple gets divorced and they still live in the same house.

Laws, religion and politics needs an updating from us constituents.
Who wrote that song it’s cheaper to keep her?

Who wrote that song it’s cheaper to keep her?
My first marriage only lasted 3 years it was early 80's and that phrase I love you but I am not in love with you was going around we had nothing really she wanted 75 a week in child support and 25 a week for her I said nope she worked and the mediator agreed got lucky cause she never remarried or I would still be paying for the last 35 years

Sometimes I just feel left out
Met an old acquaintance recently with whom I have not seen in a couple years- He is close to 50, average looking, makes a very healthy 6 figure income but not the sharpest tack on the board…

Last encounter, he has a GF, half his age and a looker—

She is gone, now he has another beauty who just turned 23- even better looking from the pictures he showed me..

She must like his $$ and presumably big dick

smh

billyS

Reign of Terror
Never underestimate the value of $$$ on a woman's libido. Dick size is probably irrelevant.
True, but I've found that when a girl is with a guy solely for money she will stray on him to get some good dick if he is lacking in that department. About six years I banged out a woman at my gym who had an older sugar daddy and know I wasn't the only one who tapped that ass. From the way the conversation went during foreplay it was easy to ascertain she has issues with his dick either size or quality of his erections.

For men there is more downside than up.
As long as a man has a stable career and isn’t a Total jerk off = Nice guy so he can get women.
women’s stock declines over time. They will only be under 30 for so long, only be able to practically bare children and so on. How many bitter divorced women don’t get it, they want to complain about their Ex didn’t give them this and that and they think they are entitled to monetary compensation for giving up their best years, which IMHO they are not. Sad because if women shifted the narrative a bit there may be less divorces and happier marriages.