Vodka

If I remember correctly, in another thread a while ago you strongly advocated against bringing any gift to a session that could be misconstrued as being remotely romantic. It seems to me that wine would fit into this category. So I can't imagine you sharing a bottle with a provider in any circumstance.
I think that even in the world-famous "Wooing Your Provider" thread I specifically excluded anything intended to be jointly consumed during the session (especially if it's something that gets you drunk).

(Me, personally, I don't look at a bottle of wine any differently than a six pack.)

That said, there's bringing wine to a session and bringing wine to a session. As I said above, some guy who doesn't usually drink wine and doesn't know anything about wine grabbing some semi-expensive bottle on the way to a session with the idea that it makes him "classy" and "romantic" is, IMO, engaging in objectionable behavior.

Last edited:
Although, I also have to say that, if the session's an incall, I think it sort of behooves the independent prostitute, or the people who run the brothel, to provide the refreshments. It's part of hosting.

Last edited:
There was this independent I used to see a long long time ago -- a genuine dabbler, of the kind you don't find very often -- who was a real wine geek. Part of the fun of seeing her was always seeing what she was going to find for us to drink at each session in her apartment.

That said, there's bringing wine to a session and bringing wine to a session. As I said above, some guy who doesn't usually drink wine and doesn't know anything about wine grabbing some semi-expensive bottle on the way to a session with the idea that it makes him "classy" and "romantic" is, IMO, engaging in objectionable behavior.

There was this independent I used to see a long long time ago -- a genuine dabbler, of the kind you don't find very often -- who was a real wine geek. Part of the fun of seeing her was always seeing what she was going to find for us to drink at each session in her apartment.

Well, if somebody invites you over for dinner, it's pretty rude not to bring a bottle and drink it with them.
You are so in denial. But it's okay -- it's kind of cute.