Vodka

Further Pompous Statement Of Principle

If I'm going to a session, I'm not gonna bring a bottle of red wine in any event, cuz, as discussed in another thread, red wine doesn't seem to me to be very good to drink by itself.

If I'm taking someone out to dinner, prostitute or not, I'm gonna order a good wine. Cuz I've got to drink it, too.

If I know someone and she invites me over to dinner, I'm gonna bring a good bottle. For the same reason.
As is obvious, I think the point is that bringing an expensive ANYTHING to impress someone you don't know is, like, pretentious and fake.

Especially if it's something you wouldn't otherwise do in your real life (which is the feeling I get from a lot of the shit these "nice johns" pull).

But once you know someone, it seems to me to be only right to treat her like you treat everyone else you know. Right?

Italics -- you put "i" in brackets to start them. You put "/i" in brackets to stop them.

Color -- you put "color=name of color" in brackets to start it. You put "/color" in brackets to stop it.

Last edited:
If I'm going to a session, I'm not gonna bring a bottle of red wine in any event, cuz, as discussed in another thread, red wine doesn't seem to me to be very good to drink by itself.
If I remember correctly, in another thread a while ago you strongly advocated against bringing any gift to a session that could be misconstrued as being remotely romantic. It seems to me that wine would fit into this category. So I can't imagine you sharing a bottle with a provider in any circumstance.

Gimlet - is that with the sour mix? If so, I am fairly certain JL will say it doesn't count as a real gin cocktail.
Gimlets are better with real lime juice rather than Rose's, which I find disgustingly sweet. But you need to frequent bars where they keep freshly squeezed lime juice on hand. I also like so-called Vodka Gimlets made the same way.

Last edited: