UG to become pay site

If UG went pay, would it eliminate the trolls and promote better discussions?

• Yes

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • No

Votes: 135 80.8%

• Total voters
Originally posted by justme
You're argument is that these girls need to develop a thicker skin because they're getting paid so much. My counter is that the best paid people tend to be able to deal with the least amount of shit... or perhaps more accurately refuse to accept it.

How many people have been fired for mispronouncing a CEO's name or some other trivial percieved slight? I know of at least four personally.

Im thick so it wont sink in. If a girl refuses to accept it, how does that relate to this board? She wont log on?
Thats ignoring it? I think a girl who is able to earn big bucks is the one that is most likely to get critiqued, even though she may not give a hoot.

Last edited:

justme

homo economicus
Originally posted by BigMadM
Im thick so it wont sink in. If a girl refuses to accept it, how does that relate to this board? She wont log on?
She won't log on, she won't read it, she won't support it by buying advertisement.

Look, suppose I own a small business that's struggling to survive. Some jackass comes in and starts calling me names, but I'm pretty hungry for sales so as long as he's buying product I let it go. What do you think my attitude will be towards the same jackass once my business in strong in the black?

I suppose the question boils down to each person's value of pride.

I reminded of the scene in Richar Wright's Black Boy where the protagonist is horrified at the black elevator operator who will let his pasengers kick him in the ass for a fee.

I am a small business owner, and the day will never come when Ill take abuse from anyone, broke or not, Id rather lock the doors than have to take abuse from someone for something I did not do.
If I fucked up, then I take the flak.

As I used to say to customers (when I was in retail sales) that was being a pain and literally cursing and calling me names..

"the only people who get to talk to me like that have the same last name I do...and even then..."

as jm said..as you become more successful, the less shit you are willing to take....

justme

homo economicus
Let's put it another way. Objectification, depersonalization, and ultimately degradation is such a strong part of this business that I can see a prostitute getting to the point where she won't tolerate these things being furthered.

It's enough that they have to put up with smelly, fat, ugly, old men groping them and sweating all over them. Should they really have to deal with those me also referring to them as 'cumdumpsters'? Just how degraded must they get?

justme

homo economicus
If I fucked up, then I take the flak.
Sure. On the incredible rare occasions that I fuck up (sfsf), I expect to hear about it from customers or from my boss. But even then I won't tolerate being abused. You can call me irresponsible or careless or even dumb and you can even do it in loud angry tones, but it would be a sorry day for anyone who tried to call me something like 'cumdumpster' in person.

thankyou for bringing up that point, now.

Once a girl refuses to accpet responsibility for fucking up, especially if all that needed to be done, was a simple explanation, but instead, chose to treat a person like he is non-existant, well, then she might expect that person to be a bit upset with her. Her lack of common courtesy, will most likely set off a person, especially, if she makes zero attempt to explain.
Ive never called a girl a cumdupster to her face, I think most would laugh their asses off, I once asked ***** if she minded if I called her a prostitute(I think it was her) and she laughed so hard, she made me laugh.
Sticks and stones, and all that.....most dont give a shit, but I do give a shit when Im stepped on, Hence my title on utopia, and I wont tolerate it, especially from a girl who earns 3-5 hundred bucks an hour. She deserves the shit she gets for treating everyone else like a piece of shit. You get what you put out.

justme

homo economicus
I guess my point would be that there are remedies for bad service and those remedies do not include abuse. For example, I never tip less than 10% on a food tab. If the service is so bad that I'd be tempted to, I'll simply ask the manager for a change in waiter.

Besides, we're not talking about your bitch fests when we talk about abuse and objectification. We're talking about a completely different kind of post.

Under duress I am replying to this thread.

UG has a bad reputation for being a board that allows hookers to be treated like hookers..

I don't think there is anything wrong with being treated like a hooker..(if you are one) However, being treated like you are not a human being bothers me..

justme

homo economicus
I suppose the thread is: Does the inherent objectification of prostitution invarriably lead to dehumanizing attitudes on the part of johns.

thankyou for bringing up that point, now.

Once a girl refuses to accpet responsibility for fucking up, especially if all that needed to be done, was a simple explanation, but instead, chose to treat a person like he is non-existant, well, then she might expect that person to be a bit upset with her. Her lack of common courtesy, will most likely set off a person, especially, if she makes zero attempt to explain.
No question about it, you are 110% correct. However, I see two different issues here. If the goal is to get more participation from the supply side of the business, then personal attacks and name calling have to be more controlled. Forums limited to providers only, would also help increase their participation. If fear of being ripped apart and insulted deters some providers from posting here, that may be need to be looked at. Some of the providers are very smart and can give as good as they get. Others aren't as sharp witted, and would just be further ridiculed if they tried to respond in a debate type format.
Men who are wronged by a provider have not only a right, but perhaps even an obligation here to point out providers who give them the shaft. Isn't that a large reason why we are here?
However, which has more credibility, and ultimately does more damage; a post with facts and a rational discourse on a person's justified anger, or a rant with a bunch of obscenities and names thrown in for good measure? A wronged customer can do more damage to a provider with a rational discourse on the poor service than he can with insults. The insults get laughed off, and the message lost. A factual journalistic approach does the most damage and doesn't intimidate providers from posting here, if that is the goal.

Originally posted by justme
I suppose the thread is: Does the inherent objectification of prostitution inv****bly lead to dehumanizing attitudes on the part of johns.
Depends on what a person thinks he is paying for. I pay for sexual favors. I feel very strongly that it doesn't entitle me to treat the person I am paying as strictly a commodity that I can do with as I please, including but not limited to degradation. That is just plain wrong, unless both parties agree that is part of the deal.
Some guys however, see it as once they pay the price of admission, they are pretty much entitled to do whatever they want, and the girl is expected to go along. This is where the pay for play can get quite ugly, and sometimes dangerous for the provider.
Unfortunately, the main purpose of payin gfor sex is the same reason we used to go to Arthur Treachers; to get the meal we cannot get at home. If guys are into rough degrading sex, they expect to get that when they pay a girl for sex.
Being pissed off at lousy service is a complete and seperate issue which has nothing to do with the above. However, it is clear that some entitlement of degradation may be expected when a customer is wronged.

Originally posted by Kimmie
I don't think there is anything wrong with being treated like a hooker..(if you are one) However, being treated like you are not a human being bothers me..
there was a post from a hooker on another thread saying something to the effect of "thank you for never treating me like a hooker".... i cannot relate to that way of thinking. as a hooker, i want to be treated like a hooker. not a nun, a sister, a wife or a "provider" even.

there is a lot of muddiness in my mind around pmb attempts to "professionalize" hooking (with reviews, industry standards, etc.) but then simulataneously reduce hookers to non-people ~ even occasionally to animals. or just stupid bitches. the double standard takes on new meaning on a whoreboard.

(funny when i think about it, but i have always been very independent in this business so i don't know well any other hookers... this means i can't speak to any general double standards from this side of the coin.)

..... but, one of the many fabulous things about being a hooker is that i don't have to put up with any crap that i don't want to. if i don't like the crap on this board, i will leave. if i don't like a date, i will leave. if you don't like me, you will leave. these are at-will contracts, and only hourly at that. it just isn't so serious of a thing (if done safely, of course!)

i try to be responsible and practice common courtesy (in between sleazy and slutty sessions..!) i do fall short, and i can only hope and pray that those instances do not occur with the "mysoginists" on this board ;-)

~xxx

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
Everybody feels whatever the way they feel, but there are those of us who feel that the ultimate act of misogyny is treating hookers like they are incapable of defending themselves, and of having rational thoughts, and of being adults.

Of course, when a lot act that way, it's easy to see why there is a conflict in this regard. (like when a "real" discussion starts, and they feel the need to avoid it and retreat into "let's talk about blowjobs" just to avoid the real (adult) issues).

Of course another part of the issue is discerning between objectifying a woman (which, rightly or wrongly, is just plain a large part of prostitution), and "treated them like they are not a human being"...... it's a fine line.

Originally posted by slinkybender
...there are those of us who feel that the ultimate act of misogyny is treating hookers like they are incapable of defending themselves, and of having rational thoughts, and of being adults.
hmmmmmmm............... very curious. lets take the hypothetical situation of a pmb where a hooker posts a warmhearted contribution to a neutral topic. two male posters respond:

responder a) "is your daughter a hooah too?
1978 was probably the last time you changed your pee-stained panties"

responder b) "hooker,
be careful with your heart, I think "responder a" is getting soft on you..."

which one is committing the "ultimate act of misogyny"?

~ xxx

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
Niether. It's just a bunch idiots who like to engage in fairly unintersting spitball throwing at eachother, none of which has any self control or much sense (you leave out that the hooker in question has endlessly baited "repsonder a", and is the sourch of most of her own tsuris).