UG to become pay site

If UG went pay, would it eliminate the trolls and promote better discussions?

• Yes

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • No

Votes: 135 80.8%

• Total voters

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
Over the last week, I got several e*mails of support and encouragement. What I wasn't prepared for were the several e*mails which I got which suggested that if UG "went pay", that it would eliminate most of the trolls.

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
No one's paying either, though (not anyone with any sense, anyway). In fact, if you use recent JAG as an example, you'd probably find that the trolling went way up as the result of giving away memberships since that became the only way to get ANYONE to go there.

Just before Reflections week I was thinking that UG was back on the way up. The topics started being more about sex again. More reviews and more information was being passed. After HVB finally got the message and left I just noticed that things were starting to get back to normal. If you become a pay site I think the membership will shrink substantially and you won't get as much disscussion. Instead you will get mostly a few guys who think alike. Slinky, I know the trolls bother you as do people who don't seem to get the rules. But I think you have to take the good with the bad to keep UG as diverse and interesting as it has been.

I guess paying will eliminate trolls, but also chase posters away, as many are very paranoid to "pay" for any whoreboard.
An example is the paid membership area on TBD, completely dead and uninspired, it turned to be just an area for girls to post they schedule and pictures.
Now, the paid section of the TBD female board rules...it's my favorite, after UG of course.
Women has a such way of talk about so many things, both entertaining & informative.
I think Slinky should make a paid section for providers only. There are not many venues for us to discuss very important stuff related to our safety and have a "blacklist" to warn another girls. The review board there works like ***, you need to review ONE client a month to be part of it and.....IT sucks!!! I don't like to place a clients review, so I don't have access to it. Now, if it was part of a paid package I would gladly pay extra to get in.

justme

homo economicus
Originally posted by slinkybender
No one's paying either, though (not anyone with any sense, anyway). In fact, if you use recent JAG as an example, you'd probably find that the trolling went way up as the result of giving away memberships since that became the only way to get ANYONE to go there.
If they board goes pay, will you invest in an irony emoticon?

Waterclone

Go ahead. Try me.
Over the past week, I tried to follow the donate link, but the paypal thing was broken.

Just as well, I would probably prefer to pay in a more anonymous method.

However, while I intend to donate some money, I don't believe the site should switch to being a Pay site. It would lose a lot of it's good members as well as trolls.

It's odd, but while we have no problem paying several hundred dollars an hour for a little physical pleasure, we are very hesitant to pay a few bucks a month for the sites that make the hobby possible for many of us.

Originally posted by Waterclone

It's odd, but while we have no problem paying several hundred dollars an hour for a little physical pleasure, we are very hesitant to pay a few bucks a month for the sites that make the hobby possible for many of us.
it's the "paper" trail that scares guys away. When they pay for a provider is a cash only deal.

Slinky, I appreciate what this board has given me but paying is something I just wouldn't do for it.

It isn't the only resource for info on mongering. If it were, possibly.

Fact

Did anyone actually read the question as it is written?

It might get most of the trolls out of here. But the people that actually contribute to and Try to follow the rules would most likely leave for many reasons. Paper Trail being the top reason.

Truth

Arbeit Macht Frei
What I wasn't prepared for were the several e*mails which I got which suggested that if UG "went pay", that it would eliminate most of the trolls.
How many of the people who e*mailed you with this idea have offered up any useful info on hoes on UG as of late?

Asking people to pay to read justlooking do his Atticus Finch impression is asking a lot. When people like him decide to start sharing tips on girls, i'll gladly agree to pay.

BTW ..... i take it from your deletion of my question earlier that that particular agency isn't to be commented on here.

(so much for offering up my review of them here)

pjorourke

Thinks he's Caesar's Wife
Re: Re: UG to become pay site

Originally posted by Truth
Asking people to pay to read justlooking do his Atticus Finch impression is asking a lot. When people like him decide to start sharing tips on girls, i'll gladly agree to pay.
So I guess we should put you down as a "Yes/No". Making UG a pay site would eliminate the trolls as well as most other posters, which would tend to have a detrimental effect on the discussion. Have I got that right?

Last edited:
Trolls/lurkers wouldn't hang without a free ride.....

But I don't get the "paper trail" bullshit. Whats the big deal? It ain't a crime. How do you make occasional contributions then? or how many even do, if that be the case. I hear innuendos of "I appreciate",...... BUT... but what? I'm a believer in paying for appreciation. Other boards??? Not like this one. Diversity, multiple forums, specific regions, off topics, etc. I send a pittance a couple times a year to fund my appreciation and it ain't a big deal. It doesn't buy me a right to break basic rules. Pay is fine with me, cause I pay anyway, as I would hope many do. It's worth the entertainment and diversity of information available to me. Everybody wants sumpin for nuttin...Shit.... dinner out, cost you more!

Truth

Arbeit Macht Frei
Originally posted by pjorourke
So I guess we should put you down as a "Yes/No". Making UG a pay site would eliminate the trolls as well as most other posters, which would tend to have a detrimental effect on the discussion. Have I got that right?
At this point UG has become more "entertainment" than anything else. Info on girls is not in abundance. Here's why you can put me down as "yes" for making UG a pay site:

Some people are just stingy mofo's and don't want anyone to know about a good provider they've found. Those muthafuckas you can't do anything about. However, i believe others would share their info but only if it wouldn't get as much exposure as it would on present-day UG. If their info would only get passed on to a much smaller bunch of guys who they "know" from the board, those guys just might start sharing. Making UG "pay-for-play" might accomplish that.

Maybe that could be another poll ..... "would all you holding-out pieces of shit actually contribute decent info if UG wasn't so public, or would you continue being a fucking leech"?

Once a free public site... always a free public site.

To change things would be board suicide.

There weren't even enough people here who wanted a private "Gold Club" or private review section.... The former was axed by Allen after a week because of all the complaints from those not privy to it.

Making this a pay site on top of that should meet with even more harsh criticisms.

* Gold club membership was for those with a gold status (500 posts)

Last edited: