The Wire....

I love this show. Omar Little is one of the greatest TV characters ever created.
If you have demand there is a one minute clip showing Omar circa 1985. It speaks volumes about his character.

"It's all in the Game."
- Omar Little
I was pissed last year when they killed of Boody.

Last edited:
Great first episode last night.
I love the way the first episode of every season sets up everything for the rest of the way.
Also great to see the real McNulty back!

Best writing and unfortunately overlooked by many

Without question, this series is the best writing and acting seen in recent years on the small screen.
The writers do a phenomenal job in tyin up all open story lines. I have been to the shows webpages at hbo.com/the wire and it is extraordinary for the comparable lack of critical acclaim which it has experienced versus the groundswell of enthusiasm and support that is found in the hundreds of threads and thousands of entries found therein.
As for the characters they are diverse, many eclectic with respect to what we have been socialized to, Omar, the saviour like character, delivers some of the best lines and emotions I have seen in years. McNulty, that hapless fuck, is good hearted, cynical, fed up with the system, but also willing to stand by his brothers and also to do the right thing. Bunk, is another favorite of mine with his sarcasm, wit, etc. The criminals also are replete with distinctive and colorful characters, (Barksdale, Stringer Bell, Marlow, Prop Joe to name a few.
I know I am rambling with my opinions that I have found are shared by a great many, but for those of you who have yet to watch, I would implore you to do so and to enjoy great storytelling as it is seldom told these days.

Marlo

That was just not right what he did to Prop Joe..

And it was so telling-Marlo's expression was so unemotional and lifeless, like there was no value to the life he took.

Sad commentary on life today even if he is a murdering drug dealer

Should be an interesting showdown with Omr back in town and with compadres.

Should be interesting between the cops, Omar, Clay Davis, and Marlo

This season is fucking great. All the other seasons are really tying into this and the running theme with the serial killer is very dark but extremely entertaining.

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
This season is fucking great. All the other seasons are really tying into this and the running theme with the serial killer is very dark but extremely entertaining.
I ate something with sauteed with onions and garlic (allergic to both) last night and took some liquid benedryl. I fell asleep right after the guys from the port started heckling Carcetti. I can't wait to get home tonight to watch this show!

Gavy

Good night moon.....good night stars.....good night po-po....good night hustlers.....good night scammers....good night hoppers....good night fiends....good night all......

Great scene!