The Wire....

I thought the final was good, and will miss the show.

Hey did anyone else notice the young woman with Lester was the stripper from the first season. I remember their was a connection, but the show did not follow up.

Slim popping Cheese was great. I could not believe Cheesee brought up Omar killing Prop Joe. Slim was having non of that.

I always liked Carver it was nice to see him get promted, but I cannot figure out what is Herc's game. Is he playing the Cops, or Levi? Would he be even smart enough to pullthat game off?

The two corner men Marlo jumps were talking about Omar. Omar's legend will grow Marlow's will not.

In the end, the game goes on in Baltimore.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Hey did anyone else notice the young woman with Lester was the stripper from the first season. I remember their was a connection, but the show did not follow up.
Yes I did, it was Shardene. They used the same actress too. They would mention her from time to time, Her character was just one of many they brought back for a cameo. In a character driven series like this one even McNulty had years where he didn't have much to do.

billyS

Reign of Terror
HBO has season one on the On Demand menu. I've been watching two episodes a night. It was long enough ago (2002) that I don't remember every detail and also picked up a few things I didn't notice the first time around.

Also, watching the episodes so close together I noticed that the first few the hoppers in the Low Risers are wearing winter clothes, wool hats and stuff but by the fourth episode it is summer wear. They mention at some point it is June. The story should take place over at most a month or two.

Also watching a few episodes a night I have that haunting melody from the closing credits in my head all the time.

Overall imo The Wire is the best series I've ever seen. Close second Breaking bad.
Binged on The Wire a year or so ago during peak covid in about 6 weeks. Thought it was good but somewhat overrated (IMHO). It'd probably break into my top 10 but certainly behind Sopranos, Breaking Bad (and Better Call Saul), Mad Men, Six Feet Under and Deadwood

Just started watching last night. Can't believe it's from 2002.

From Wikipedia - The Wire is lauded for its literary themes, its uncommonly accurate exploration of society and politics, and its realistic portrayal of urban life. During its original run, the series received only average ratings and never won any major television awards, but it is now often termed one of the greatest shows in television history.