Thank you, and goodnight?

April

Member<br><color=red> First in war, first in peace
Ozzy said:
Since UG doesn't offer protection to advertisers and just the right to place ad posts, you can forget their pain in the ass complaints too unless it pertains to their ads.
UG doesn't offer protection? What was that 5K a month for?

OOOOPPPSSS my bad..........wrong board.

Cloud Nine

I had to open my big mouth.......
UG Staff said:
You don't know how really terrible it is till you actually sit in this seat. I can't speak for the others, but I always saw some of the stuff and thought "what's the big deal?". Now I know better.

Speaking for myself, it aint no picnic. Thank you slinky for the years of dedication. I'll miss this place.

Since the boss is a little out of the loop I've seen some of the *****s comming in over this thread and I have to say that I can not imagine why anyone would put up with the vitriol, backstabbing and outright lies and nastiness thrown at this guy.

If this place goes away I will miss it as much or more than anyone, but I can't say if it were me that I'd give a shit about anyone here if I sweated blood for years and what I got in return was 35,000 people who thought I owed them rather than the other way around. When those of us who are currently the group moderating spoke last week before telling the boss we were going to be stepping aside, we all thought that it just doesn't make sense to make such a huge effort for a group who doesn't care and thinks they are entitled to everything and more. I'll step out of line and say that I know the ownership of this place really appreaciates those who really have stepped in and helped in one way or another, but the size of that group is beyond shockingly small. The one thing which I have comfort in is knowing that for my personal loss should this place go away pales in comparrision to the loss which will be suffered by those who least show their appreciation for what they have taken from this place.

Like I said... IGNORE the *****s. Also as I tried to point out... None of the complainers here is owed ANYTHING, the ungrateful bunch of asswipes they are. This place unlike most other boards and certainly the high profile boards allows, allows anyone with an ***** addy to join and be privy to unedited, unbiased, unprotected reviews without having to pay a premium or write a number of reviews to see the "juicy details" as the other popular boards do.

I advised a couple years ago that perhaps a few hundred, a thousand or maybe more of the most valued members be grandfathered lifetime access and the rest be forced to pay a membership fee. That would eliminate all the nonsense and assholes while still maintaining enough membership to keep the board thriving. It could also pay for staff and allot of headaches.

UG Staff said:
Since the boss is a little out of the loop I've seen some of the *****s comming in over this thread and I have to say that I can not imagine why anyone would put up with the vitriol, backstabbing and outright lies and nastiness thrown at this guy.

How about the vitriol, backstabbing and outright lies and nastiness thrown at Allen (remember him?)... and all he did around here was the programing.

I come here to brag about my exploits and read about other nonsense, like where the best hot dogs are in NJ.
I think the people that make it their mission to attack others here, or management, have agendas that are quite clear, whether they want to badmouth this place elsewhere, or just have a beef in their own tiny minds that they want to feel they are getting some kind of revenge, satisfying their urge to get even, like a 7 y/o child.

Board has been very good to me, and although Ive had my tiffs here and there, its all water under the b*****. Ive come to learn we who are true hobbyists, should never take a place like this for granted. And now it looks like we are about to learn a valuable lesson. All of us will pay the price for the assholes that had an agenda when they joined here.
This board was a goldmine to many advertisers, its a shame it may not be here in a few weeks. A goddam shame, for everyone.

The End is Near.

Mr Moderator I Wondering What Disaster Is Going To Be First A Gigantic Asteroids Crashing In To Earth Or All The Ice At The Poles Melting. You Can Watch The Ice Melting On Tv At All The Poles. Once All The Ice Has Melted At The Poles I Wonder Just How Much Water Will Actually Cover The Land Masses Will The Earth Be Like The Movie Water World. Just How Much Land Will Be Left In The United States.
I Have Heard Some Reports That Some Scientist Think That A Asteroids May Crash In To The Earth In The Future. I,m Wondering Which Is Coming First The Gigantic Asteroids Or All The Poles Melting And Everyone Drowning.

Wanted....

New Mod for UG, pref more than one. Requirement is that you must be able to invest some time, be able to read, but not have the mentility above a Forrest Gump, the inability to take anything personal a plus, just follow orders and edit or delete posts as needed.

Basically we're looking for a monkey who can read and type.

Thanks to Slinky and the staff for their hard work.

I always have felt that the responsibility of those who post was to add something to the discussion, to try and show other points of view and encourage others to do the same.

I have always seen this place as an extension of the education I received at JAG. And I still learn things here on a regular basis.

So if it closes, I will also regret the loss.

Say it Aint So........

I am relatively new to the board, and if it is going to go down I want to thank Slinkster, and the Staff... for keeping it going as long as you have..... and if I may make my humble suggestion for salvation or continuation this a page from the early days of the web..... like the early 90's yeah I have been around from beta Netscape 1 and yes I bought the stock.........

There was Internet Relay Chat before the bots, the one I was involved with was called Mirc and I think it is still out there but I digress...... and perhaps this was already done way back when but it seems not.....

Why not appoint moderators in their own boards, they would need a separate identity like UGStaff114 from the identity they use to post, but with such a set up the main staff could moderate the moderators like the Supreme Court ... and spread the load.

I just dont want this board to go it is too valuable... and still represents what the original concept of the Internet was an open, free, forum to exchange ideas and information ....

Be Careful out There!!!

Last edited: