Strip Clubs / Reality, Separating The Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by danger-us
Men are dogs. Sometimes when a dog does his business on the living room carpet, he's subconsciously trying to tell you something.
Yeah, and when does it in your shoes, he's not telling you something, he's shouting it...

JL,

Let's hear it for "playful & teasing" - there is nothing better or more fun from my point of view. And I have no problem if negotiating is taking place simultaneously!

Chels

A retired stripper I know was telling me about a dolphin show she had gone to. You know, the kind where trained dolphins do all these tricks for an audience of people. I told her I found those shows creepy.

"I know what you mean," she said. "The dolpins can't be happy living like that, doing tricks for people to watch. But they eat better than dolphins in the wild."

"Sounds like your old job," I said.

"People go to the side of the pool with fish and wave them around and the dolphins come over to them," she went on. "The people think they're special, like they're friends with the dolphin. But the dolphin just wants their fish."

"REALLY sounds like your old job," I said.

Wwanderer

Kids, don't try this at home
Originally posted by justlooking
"People go to the side of the pool with fish and wave them around and the dolphins come over to them," she went on. "The people think they're special, like they're friends with the dolphin. But the dolphin just wants their fish."

"REALLY sounds like your old job," I said.
Personally I have no idea at all, but I suppose that anyone who thinks they know what dolphins think or feel probably has really deep confidence that they can easily and quickly see into another person's mind and heart.

-Ww

I thought it was common knowledge that strippers have the ability both to know what dolphins think and feel and to easily and quickly see into other people's minds and hearts.

Wwanderer

Kids, don't try this at home
Originally posted by justlooking
I thought it was common knowledge that strippers have the ability both to know what dolphins think and feel and to easily and quickly see into other people's minds and hearts.
It is, and I think that it is about as plausible and reliable as a lot of other common knowledge about strippers and sex workers in general.

-Ww

one of my employees in my straight job is a stripper. she shares lots of stuff with me. she has no clue i'm a hobbyist.
many of em are scam artists. its a badge of honor if they can play a guy for $$ and not have to do anything sexual.
they are very cynical.

Are we free to generalize? (Well, of course we are!) They're attractive (mostly) younger (mostly) women -- wouldn't that make it a "badge of honor if they can play a guy for $$ and not have to do anything sexual" and make them "very cynical" whether or not they were strippers? :p

Actually, I've met some real honeys who are also strippers, though most are new at stripping though old hands at being honeys. The lifestyle gets them down -- it's a job without any finished end product or any sense of accomplishment, without any future, without really any opportunity for professional development, in which you hang out with unhappy and borderline-criminal people. Even if she were to start out totally sweet, I suspect many a lady would eventually turn cynical.

mikertmodbl said:
one of my employees in my straight job is a stripper. she shares lots of stuff with me. she has no clue i'm a hobbyist.
many of em are scam artists. its a badge of honor if they can play a guy for $$ and not have to do anything sexual.
they are very cynical.
Truly? :D

There are two kinds of women who work in strip-clubs [speaking in broad strokes].

Type 1: The Dancer. She is full of herself and the 'knowledge' that men will, in general, do anything her little heart desires if they think they might get laid. She has an absolutely crazy notion as to the worth of her sex in dollars and cents. She can be allowed to think this way because many men will break their backs if they think they are going to get into her pants, and part with way too much money in the process.

The Dancer will run the gamete from those who simply work their natural charm to those who outright lie and cheat to get at their ends. Most truly, and I do mean truly, couldn't give a crap less about their customers. Customers being defined as any man who will part with significant coin for their 'services' [or lack thereof] in a strip-club. To appear on their radar as a human being you must avoid being defined as a 'custy' as their disdain for the 'custy' is almost palpable.

Type 2: The Provider. These are women who work in strip-clubs who see it as a job, and simply that. It isn't the same as the way we use the term on this board, though Providers may very well sell sex.

They don't see stripping as "performing". They don't see themselves as 'stars'. Just working a job in a service industry. Therefore they see what they 'provide' as a product and act accordingly. They may only sell visual stimulation, though they may run the gamete all the way up to FS extras. They may be 'operators', as people in business frequently can be, but by far and away they are more honest in their dealings with their customers than "Dancers".

Dancers hate Providers.

Providers tolerate Dancers, though they think their full of it and can't understand why their 'custys' put up with them.

[again, very broad strokes being used here]

Last edited:
book_guy said:
Even if she were to start out totally sweet, I suspect many a lady would eventually turn cynical.
Well let's take a look.

When I worked in strip-clubs as a bouncer I could hang with my friends who had nothing to do with the industry. This though they knew I worked in a strip-club as a bouncer. [I'd have to answer a bunch of dumb questions about it, but we could still hang.]

Do strip-club entertainers get to hang with their 'civilian' girl-friends if they know she is dancing? Maybe, but probably not.

Most wind up hanging with other strippers and I think it is common knowledge that when you have a group of people who hang out only with others like themselves they start to form an "us" and "them" mentality.

I can see how it might be a slippery slope a stripper starts on when first deciding to strip for a living.

In fact, I think it may very well be an important part of the equation as to whether a newbie stripper becomes a "Dancer" or a "Provider". Newbie strippers who hang out with "Dancers" become dancers themselves, while those that can maintain contact with people not in the industry simply see it as a job, a monatary means to a end like getting enough money to purchase a business, or make a down payment on a house, get out of debt, etc.

Just guessing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.