Strip Clubs / Reality, Separating The Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: Friendship & Providers

Originally posted by justlooking
This is very interesting, though. I assume that by the "usual Harmony type stuff" you mean the type of stuff that used to go on IN the Harmony, not what happened at The Liberty when everybody left. And if you DO mean that, I kind of agree with you, but for what seems to be a different reason than motivates you.

I'm referring to anything of a sexual nature ( from touching them in erogenous zones to having intercourse )

pswope

One out of three
my experience dovetails w/ what jj posted. it's difficult to maintain commercial sex,even if it's bi-lateral when the nature of the relationship has changed.
(Of course if you're alientated enough anything is possible,but it's hard to reconcile the 2 relationships)

I guess I should say a few things to clarify some of my recent posts here.

1. I don't think it's a particularly good or desirable thing to befriend sex workers. I think that affirmative attempts to do that on behalf of the customer breach the boundaries upon which this whole business rests (and also betray an unadmirable neediness on the part of the customer).

2. I also think it's dangerous for customers to think in terms of befriending sex workers. It leaves them open to exploitation and emotional anguish.

3. I finally harbor no illusions that I'm friends with the strippers and prostitutes I see.

4. OTOH, I think it's silly to deny the possibly of such friendships' developing. I don't think it would be a bad thing if they did. And while everybody has their own sensitivities, I don't see why, as a rule, they would prevent any customer from continuing to buy sexual services from his friend.

Friends and Whores - Will the twain ever meet?

I became friendly with about 4 girls I met in the Harmony. Friendly in the sense that we would hang out and do stuff together, like go to the movies or to concerts or out to eat. The thing is, I know that once we became good friends (as opposed to just stripper/hooker and client), that they felt as uncomfortable as I did at having any type of sexual contact any longer (and in every case , we all started out doing full contact LDs at the very least). They now put me in the "friend" category, not the "client" category.

(Actually, this reminds me of the Chris Rock routine on his "Bring the Pain" special, where he talks about getting to know a woman you want to bone, and then somehow you end up trapped in the "Friend Zone", and she's not going to be giving any up to you ! )

I'm sure some of you guys out there have met women that you found attractive, but you ended up becoming platonic friends with her for whatever reason, and now, no matter how appealing you may still find her, it would be too weird to try to bang her at this point. (Or maybe you haven't ...)

1. I don't think it's a particularly good or desirable thing to befriend sex workers. I think that affirmative attempts to do that on behalf of the customer breach the boundaries upon which this whole business rests (and also betray an unadmirable neediness on the part of the customer).

2. I also think it's dangerous for customers to think in terms of befriending sex workers. It leaves them open to exploitation and emotional anguish.

3. I finally harbor no illusions that I'm friends with the strippers and prostitutes I see.

4. OTOH, I think it's silly to deny the possibly of such friendships' developing. I don't think it would be a bad thing if they did. And while everybody has their own sensitivities, I don't see why, as a rule, they would prevent any customer from continuing to buy sexual services from his friend.
I think I can provide a different point of view on this, especially since you brought up Kimmie on a previous post. Kimmie and I have become very good friends, and as she said, I also agree that our platonic friendship does transcend the normal provider/john relationship. I have done things for her that I would not normally do for any other provider, let alone many of my friends. We have developed a certain level of trust between us, a trust that neither one of us would take advantage of the other. It would feel really strange if sex was brought into our relationship, and as such, would be uncomfortable. Even when we go to ASSCon together, I feel weird getting laps, let alone going to VIP with someone while she can see. It is like doing that in front of your sister.

friends -- without privileges

I was F***ing a girl who worked at VIPs in NYC for a while, and we ended up becoming friends after I stopped seeing her (I started a serious relationship with a girl, and felt guilty -- who knew I had a conscience!!!). I kept in touch b/c I sincerely enjoyed her company, and she was the best lay of my life! Now, almost a year later, I have given into that little cartoon devil on my shoulder, but find myseld in the friend zone. She won't give me any real action anymore, because she wants to "develop a closeness", and she won't introduce me to her dancer friends because she feels some sort of "ownership" towards me...

<<sigh>> live and learn, I guess... next time, I'll know better.

JL - Several good points here. Guys just have to be aware that they may consider the girl a "friend", but she sees him as a meal ticket. I think the only way that you could possibly see it a truly being a friendship is if MONEY is no longer involved. If the girl is still accepting your cash for gash, or asking you to lend her some dough or buy stuff for her, then you are not her friend. Sad to say, some guys get suckered and think they can buy these girls' friendship. Just WATCH OUT !
As for the friendship preventing you from continuing to purchase their services, I think this would have to come down to each individual partie's sensitivities on the matter. I know that with the ladies that I befriended, they would have been as uncomfortable going down that path anymore as I was

wrt jl's list above

i wholeheartedly agree with points 1 and 2 above as applied to me. all in all i think i have been very lucky emotionally considering how grossly i have violated these two guidelines.

Originally posted by jjhunsecker
JL - Several good points here. Guys just have to be aware that they may consider the girl a "friend", but she sees him as a meal ticket.

This can apply to many areas. My boss thinks I think of my job as a career and all I see is getting paid so I can get more pussy! If a better job comes along with internet access I will take it.

If the girl is still accepting your cash for gash,
You see, jj, this is where we still disagree.

I can imagine a scenario where you're friends, you hang out lots for free, etc. But when the time comes to fuck (because you're not lovers or anything), you're having your pro relationship and you pay her for it.

Although I generally afbjure this analogy, in that case it really is like not paying your accountant/friend to hang out with you, but still paying him to do your taxes.

danger-us

BACKCHANNEL BOY
Originally posted by buddyyy
I initially meet a person in his professional capacity as a Dentist and I pay him to work on my teeth.

In the process we learn that we share some other interests and in fact develop a personal friendship.

It doesn't seem that means I have to seek dental services elsewhere nor would I expect not to continue to pay for those services when I received them.
Matters of the heart (and sex) are essentially different from other professional, non emotional services. Man and woman were created this way (for procreation) It is a strong instinct and the emotional boundaries are practically limitless. For this reason, it is difficult to compare emotional to non emotional situations.

P.S. Because of my comments regarding the dentist scenario, please do not conclude that I am an anti-dentite.

Wwanderer

Kids, don't try this at home
Friends vs lovers

Most guys seem to take it for granted that it is more desirable to be the lover than the friend of any and all attractive (by whatever standards of sexual attractiveness the guy has) women they know. Any other attitude is certainly not macho, and many men would consider it shameful.

At the risk of further raising my wimp/geek rating, I want to point out that I don't see it that way in all cases and don't think the conventional attitude (as I understand it and stated it above) makes much sense. Basically, I think life offers most guys more women as lovers than as significant/serious (open, trusting, loyal...) friends. Some of the most rewarding relationships of my life have been very close but platonic friendships with women; if I could do it over and have had them as lovers for a year or a few (which is probably all it would have lasted) rather than as long term friends, I would definitely stick with the friend option despite the fact that I find them quite attractive.

I think this goes double if the woman in question is a provider in that it is certainly easy to arrange sex with providers and rare to have the opportunity for a real friendship with one.

-Ww

PS - Of course, best of all may well be to have such a woman as a friend and a lover, but as this thread has noted several times, that is not an option that everyone is comfortable with.

danger-us

BACKCHANNEL BOY
I always felt that one of the main joys of commercial sex back when I used to do it (I'm pretty much retired from that game now), was that it was for me purely about pleasure, with no "emotions" necessarily involved. Basically, if I had an itch that needed to be scratched, and didn't really wanted to be bothered with the song and dance usually required to get sex from any of "regular" (non-pro) women I knew. The emotional aspects of sexuality were reseved for those I had some sort of ties with.
So once, I've established some sort of friendship with a woman and get to know her, she can no longer be ,to me at least, an anonymous commercial sex partner since we've now created some sort of emotional bond.
I can understand these feelings. If you just want get your kicks and not worry about her orgasm etc., anonymous may be easier on the conscience.

Another thing to consider is whether the emotional bond is mutual. If it is only a service related friendship, you are not going to emotionally affect the girl no matter what you do.

danger-us

BACKCHANNEL BOY

Ditto, (regardless of my own history).

danger-us

BACKCHANNEL BOY
Re: Friends and Whores - Will the twain ever meet?

I'm sure some of you guys out there have met women that you found attractive, but you ended up becoming platonic friends with her for whatever reason, and now, no matter how appealing you may still find her, it would be too weird to try to bang her at this point. (Or maybe you haven't ...)
So many times.

Sometimes I don't see them as potential mates anymore because, as we got to know each other, we found we were too different. And the friendship becomes too evolved to revert to basic animal instinct.

I can think of many girls I've had crushes on that I would never feel right having sex with.

(These are non sex workers I'm thinking about)

danger-us

BACKCHANNEL BOY
Guys just have to be aware that they may consider the girl a "friend", but she sees him as a meal ticket.
Many a guy has been successful seeing her as the meal ticket. (But you don't want to be that type of guy.)

Status
Not open for further replies.