Sophia Belle 516-250-3380 (formerly 919-888-7318) - Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it true that the origin of the word is because they allegedly bump their kins?
V
No. According to the Phrase Finder, "A 'bumpkin' was originally the name that the English had for the Dutch, whom they portrayed as small, comic and tubby. The word is derived from either the Dutch 'boomken', meaning ‘little tree’ or 'bommekijn', meaning ‘little barrel’. The word came into English in the 16th century." Though I think I prefer your etymology, Vad.

Sophia Belle

Trickle Down Economist
Yup. Sorry... they weren't directed at you. Just having some fun with those Suffolk county country bumpkins...!
Is it true that the origin of the word is because they allegedly bump their kins?

V
To be quite honest, y’all have no idea what “country” or “bumpkin” or “country bumpkin” really entails... just sayin’

Feel free to take a mini vacation to my neck of the woods...

The closest local bus stop is over 5 miles away....

There is a total of 3 train stations within 1 hour....

The closest 7-eleven to me is almost 2 hours away...

And the bank I use doesn’t have any branches even in my State...

As for bumping their kin - that’s just gross but tbh, I have actually known some that did...

Anyways - it is what it is...

To be quite honest, y’all have no idea what “country” or “bumpkin” or “country bumpkin” really entails... just sayin’

As for bumping their kin - that’s just gross but tbh, I have actually known some that did...

Just having some fun Sophia... didn't mean to hijack your thread. You know we luv ya... any good news for us city slickers?

Are you bragging or complaining?... :)

Sophia Belle

Trickle Down Economist
I have a question.... I have been exploring options for my trips back... has anyone used airBNb or seen any other providers that used places from there?? It sounds like a great idea unless of course it would make people uncomfortable...

I have a question.... I have been exploring options for my trips back... has anyone used airBNb or seen any other providers that used places from there?? It sounds like a great idea unless of course it would make people uncomfortable...
I have stayed in a few airBNBs for biz to try and save a few bucks. No house keeping, stuff like that. I've come to prefer hotels for my own reasons, but you staying in one wouldn't stop me from seeing you... as long as it's in Nassau county... Suffolk is way too far out in the country for me...!

Ive stayed at some in Florida. Some if these places if their vacation homes have cameras because no one is hardly around so be careful with that. And some houses have those shlage electronic code door locks so they can monitor how many times and when the door gets open.

In NYC they are giving summonses to landlords. Because many use Airbnbs and the hotel industry is all over it. In Nassau and Suffolk probably far less stringent. However yes several reports that they have recorded people etc.

I've stayed at a number of them through out the US and a good number of them have cameras on the outside, those RING doorbells and equivalent devices that will snap a pic with motion and email it and other home surveillance equipment for the owners to make sure 20 people do not show up and damage the place. Nothing inside though. Does not mean they might not have something hidden. That might be a concern for people if a number of different people are coming and going.

Almost impossible to find a Airbnb that is private like a whole house for less that $350 night, anything decent would be even more. You can get a room or a section of the house for less but then there will be no privacy.

I have to agree it may be tough to find a airbnb that would "work"....it's been almost a year since unforeseen circumstances prevented me from meeting the Belle....if you're out East this time around, definitely will be in touch!

People who live in Nassau county are not city slickers lol. Compared to Suffolk though I will admit it is closer to city life than Suffolk.

Albany and further up North is as close to country as NY gets.
Joe Buttafuoco and Amy Fisher were both from Nassau county. I don't know what terms people refer to them as but I suspect city slickers isn't one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.