Review Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by rajah
The problem with pay-or-contribute, of course, is that it provides an incentive to fake reviews so as to get free viewing. Biggest shortcoming of ***.
I hate to take this one step further; if you must “post to view” then you have the same issue. The incentive to “fake” reviews is still present.

I for one would not mind a “pay for view” review site, whether I post or not.

Let’s try not to fall into the *** review BS issues.

Wayne

metellier

Two time offender
A Modest Proposal:

This could be the review site's template:

"Which address?"
"On Allen or Howard?"
"On the left or right"
"Bell or buzzer?"
"What color door?"
"The Red Door?"
"Second floor"
"whadya get?"
"Was Sinatra dere? Billy Joel?"
"Can a gweilo sample?"
"BBBJ? F/S? HJ? DATY? 69?"
"Whadya pay?"
"Whadya tip?"
"Choose or assigned?"
"What size cans?"
"Is Mong Mong there?"
"Where's Helen?"

Michel "free free to use what ya need" Etellier

How about a grading system where readers judge the quallity of the review. Then each review holds a summary of the votes of the readers. Then, if a substantial number of readers don't trust the post or have no way of confirming it, the "reader's response" grade is lower. Trusted reviewers would not have to be qualified and there would be more pressure to put up quality. Sort of an ebay rating system......

metellier

Two time offender
Wow...I guess..

Originally posted by oddfellow4870
How about a grading system where readers judge the quallity of the review. Then each review holds a summary of the votes of the readers. Then, if a substantial number of readers don't trust the post or have no way of confirming it, the "reader's response" grade is lower. Trusted reviewers would not have to be qualified and there would be more pressure to put up quality. Sort of an ebay rating system......
Originally posted by hot4chicks
How about an algorithm which allows all variables to be factored and a go/no-go decision to be generated?
...this rules out my "thumbs up vs. thumbs down" idea, huh?

Michel "even Genius will have a hard time with this" Etellier

Review site makes no sense

how many sites can someone read a day. I've lerked here for a while, but do look at WSG and *** here and there. why not keep things the way they are and when someone has a review, they post it.

honestly, things are spread thin here anyway, some days it idle chit chat (don't get wrong) going back and forth with nothing new.

that shouldn't change, but if people want to review, just review here.

If you take away the reviews and the occasionaly SOMEONE TAKING ONE FOR THE TEAM, what's left here.

just my two cents.

if any one cares.

I did have fun at asscon.

God, do i love hot latina and woc.

I have a very good friend who is an English professor at a university. He's always looking to make a little extra money. He's not going to be tenured until next year.

Perhaps, he can be enlisted to check the reviews for quality so as to ensure that they are up to snuff. Any review not meeting his rather strict standards would be sent back for rewriting.

The fact that he's gay shouldn't be any problem.

Come to think of it, it might even improve the reviews.

I think an entire new web site may be unnecessary. I think if this site was organized differently, it would meet everyone's needs.

CanBest was organized really well. (it is down for some mysterious reason. Canbest is a Canadian version of UG.)

However, it was organized geographically first (toronto, Montreal, etc.)

The other categories were:

Stripclubs. Outcall. Incall & MP, Flamewars and Misc.

Under incall, there was a folder for each establishment. (Studio 5, Da Sweet Spot, etc.) This is helpful, so that you don't have 9 different Studio 5 threads. They also had one folder under incall and outcall for "independants"

When the "Studio 5" thread for example, started to get too long, they made a sub folder and added the dates of the reviews that the folder contained.So when you went to the Studio 5 folder, you saw several folders on top with older threads named by the date range of the reviews, and then recent reviews below.

They also had a separate folder for general questions.

If I remember correctly, the hierarchy went like this.

Incall/MP
- Manhattan
- Studio 5
- Old Reviews organized by date
- Current Reviews
- Da Sweet Spot
- Current Reviews
- Julies NYC
- Current Reviews
- Independants
- Current Reviews
- Questions

- Queens
* Same as Manhattan

Outcall
* Same as Incall

Strip Clubs
* Same as Incall

Originally posted by Judge Crater
I have a very good friend who is an English professor at a university. He's always looking to make a little extra money. He's not going to be tenured until next year.

Perhaps, he can be enlisted to check the reviews for quality so as to ensure that they are up to snuff. Any review not meeting his rather strict standards would be sent back for rewriting.

Excellent idea. Reading poorly written reviews plays havoc with my self-esteem.

Originally posted by Judge Crater

I think this is a great idea. As a matter of fact, I think that enough people think a review is bullshit, I will personally visit that provider within a few days, letting the UG board members pick up the expense, and I will post whether or not the provider is at least real, and offers acronyms posted.(I will gladly rate her appearance on a scale that is agreed upon by the posters paying for my sessions)No review, just a visit too make sure the review is legit. Im willing to do this for fellow posters.

Originally posted by BigMadM
I think this is a great idea. As a matter of fact, I think that enough people think a review is bullshit, I will personally visit that provider within a few days, letting the UG board members pick up the expense, and I will post whether or not the provider is at least real, and offers acronyms posted.(I will gladly rate her appearance on a scale that is agreed upon by the posters paying for my sessions)No review, just a visit too make sure the review is legit. Im willing to do this for fellow posters.
You would do that for us!? How generous BMM. A friend in need is a friend indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.