R. I. P.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Thank you, @billyS.

I will spare the good men of this board with a biblical-sized testament to this man.

And, since a picture is worth a thousand words, (which translates to 2000 or 3000 for myself) just take a look at Lenny Dawson sucking down a cigarette and a bottle of beer, during halftime of the 1967 Super Bowl, the first Super Bowl.

At the moment that this picture was taken, Lenny and the Chiefs played a great first half of football, as serious underdogs against The iconic Vince Lombardi’s Green Bay Packers. The score was unbelievably only 14-10, in favor of the Packers.

What a frickin’ man he is, with a cigarette and a bottle of beer, relaxing during half-time in the biggest moment of his life!!!
Great post @mugi !
Hey did you catch the week after Dawson passed, the first possession of the game the Chiefs ran the choir huddle formation like Len used to. Classy.

Thank you, @billyS.

I will spare the good men of this board with a biblical-sized testament to this man.

And, since a picture is worth a thousand words, (which translates to 2000 or 3000 for myself) just take a look at Lenny Dawson sucking down a cigarette and a bottle of beer, during halftime of the 1967 Super Bowl, the first Super Bowl.

At the moment that this picture was taken, Lenny and the Chiefs played a great first half of football, as serious underdogs against The iconic Vince Lombardi’s Green Bay Packers. The score was unbelievably only 14-10, in favor of the Packers.

What a frickin’ man he is, with a cigarette and a bottle of beer, relaxing during half-time in the biggest moment of his life!!!

Great, epic photo of Dawson but that's a bottle of Fresca (soft drink) not beer

Great, epic photo of Dawson but that's a bottle of Fresca (soft drink) not beer
Really?

He gets credited with a beer in some news articles, and my father said it was a beer. (That settles it)

So, maybe they are embellishing on his image. We boys grew up with the beer and cigarette image and emulated Lenny.

But, it does look like a Fresca. Makes more sense. But, with the cigarette, it never detracts that he was one helluva man.

Really?

He gets credited with a beer in some news articles, and my father said it was a beer. (That settles it)

So, maybe they are embellishing on his image. We boys grew up with the beer and cigarette image and emulated Lenny.

But, it does look like a Fresca. Makes more sense. But, with the cigarette, it never detracts that he was one helluva man.
Hard to believe they allowed smoking on the sidelines during a game.

Great post @mugi !
Hey did you catch the week after Dawson passed, the first possession of the game the Chiefs ran the choir huddle formation like Len used to. Classy.
@billyS Now, you did it, got me in tears. (yes, literally)

Mahomes is such a great incumbent to the Kansas City Chiefs/Arrowhead Nation, and the tradition.

To honor your fallen with respect and reverence, is a great and noble act. True Love.

Frank Drake, the astronomer who came up with the Drake Equation which postulated how many intelligent civilizations there may be in the Milky Way, died at 92. I guess he'll know for certain now how many there are (yep, I believe in an afterlife).

pokler

Power Bottom
Frank Drake, the astronomer who came up with the Drake Equation which postulated how many intelligent civilizations there may be in the Milky Way, died at 92. I guess he'll know for certain now how many there are (yep, I believe in an afterlife).
The conjecture associated with inputs of his equation is so large that any output cannot be relied upon for any firm conclusions.

Your statement is not correct as he didn't his equation doesn't postulate how many intelligent civilizations there are but how many communicative civilizrtions. Big, big difference. For example with earth's civilizations there would only be maybe 120 years of possible communication outside of earth (receiving from others and send out to others) as we could only do that (radio, space vehicles, etc) out of the 200,000 or so years homo sapiens existed. Plus who knows how long we will be able to continue to do it.

pokler

Power Bottom
Your statement is not correct as he didn't his equation doesn't postulate how many intelligent civilizations there are but how many communicative civilizrtions. Big, big difference. For example with earth's civilizations there would only be maybe 120 years of possible communication outside of earth (receiving from others and send out to others) as we could only do that (radio, space vehicles, etc) out of the 200,000 or so years homo sapiens existed. Plus who knows how long we will be able to continue to do it.
In any event he never intended it to be " accurate " as much as a source of further spec and discussion on the topic .