Poll: Provider Lateness and believability

Part1: How often is a provider late or no-shows? Part 2: Do you believe their excuse?

• Part 1: I never never had one show up late, they've always been punctual

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Hardly ever, less than 10%

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • On some occasions, around 10-25%

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • Certainly more often than I'd like, 25% to half the time

Votes: 16 26.7%
  • I'm surprised when they don't show up late, about half the time to 75%

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • Just call me BMM, almost always

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • I'm still waiting, could someone bring me some hot cocoa?

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Part 2: Shit happens, I trust that they almost always have a good excuse

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • It depends on the excuse, sometimes I believe them.

Votes: 16 26.7%
  • If thier lips are moving they're lying

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • I'm lucky if I even hear from them

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
I completely agree with BMM - there is absolutely no excuse for not observing common courtesy on the part of providers. It simply amazes me that they can no show or arrive hours late to an appointment. On the other hand, there is no excuse for guys who are impolite or rude, or are late without calling or who no show. I've never gotten accustomed to the lateness, no show situation. As a result, my preference is for incall, and I rarely do anything else.

It is undoubtedly a staple of modern life - that is rudeness, gauche behavior, and simple boorishness. Too many people expect this as the norm, and so it continues apace.

Perhaps I am old-fashioned, and I'm not saying the relationships with providers should have the same politesse as a debutante ball or coming out party (boy, could that be considered a double entendre!). However, decency and respect in personal relationships should be normal behavior.

Chels

I'm sorry, but I don't think this is any reflection on a general downturn in courtesy in American society.

I think this is a reflection on the ambivalence many women feel about doing sex work. I don't see what's so mysterious or hard to understand about it. (Which is not to excuse it.)

If you guys think this is a job just like any other, you're emotionally blind.

Originally posted by justlooking
I'm sorry, but I don't think this is any reflection on a general downturn in courtesy in American society.

I think this is a reflection on the ambivalence many women feel about doing sex work. I don't see what's so mysterious or hard to understand about it. (Which is not to excuse it.)

If you guys think this is a job just like any other, you're emotionally blind.
I'm inclined to agree with you, JL. It still isn't excusable, in my book, but there is sometimes more to it than simple rudeness, in the case of providers...

However, I think there has been a general downturn in courtesy in this country, evidenced in many ways (road rage, for example, or the incredible abuse of cell phones in public places). I was in Riverside Park over the weekend, and the Parks Department had uniformed people out, trying to curb the ever-increasing number of people on wheels (blades, bikes, etc.) taking over pathways that are shared with pedestrians and going at speeds that are simply dangerous in crowded areas. I stopped to talk to one of them, and she told me some absolutely horrible stories, and the level of personal abuse that she was being subjected to (primarily by people on bicycles) for enforcing the laws was staggering. And even though there are now stretches where there are completely separate paths for pedestrians and cyclists, the cyclists frequently ignore the signs and take over the pedestrian path, in addition to the bike path...

Let's face it, something's up, courtesy-wise, when the city spends money to put up signs reminding people to "Respect Others." And unfortunately, rudeness tends to snowball: someone gets treated badly, and then takes it out on the next person they encounter...

Last edited:
Originally posted by Cat_Ballou
Let's face it, something's up, courtesy-wise, when the city spends money to put up signs reminding people to "Respect Others."
I don't want to sound like pj, but I'd say that shows that something's up lame liberal paternalism-wise.

Originally posted by justlooking
I don't want to sound like pj, but I'd say that shows that something's up lame liberal paternalism-wise.
It may well be lame, liberal and paternalistic, but it's still a response to some perception of a problem.