Poll: Provider Lateness and believability

Part1: How often is a provider late or no-shows? Part 2: Do you believe their excuse?

• Part 1: I never never had one show up late, they've always been punctual

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Hardly ever, less than 10%

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • On some occasions, around 10-25%

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • Certainly more often than I'd like, 25% to half the time

Votes: 16 26.7%
  • I'm surprised when they don't show up late, about half the time to 75%

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • Just call me BMM, almost always

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • I'm still waiting, could someone bring me some hot cocoa?

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Part 2: Shit happens, I trust that they almost always have a good excuse

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • It depends on the excuse, sometimes I believe them.

Votes: 16 26.7%
  • If thier lips are moving they're lying

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • I'm lucky if I even hear from them

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
Originally posted by justlooking
That's just it. If you're dealing with a girl who might not have had the discipline to finish high school (I know there are other reasons she might have dropped out, but that's one possibility), why do you think you have the right to assume she'll show up for work?

(And note, when I say the "right" to "assume", I'm not saying it's excusable that she's late or that she's held to a different standard than a college graduate. I'm just saying that if you're considering reality -- how people actually conduct themselves as opposed to how you think they should -- it's unrealistic to think you're going to get the same level of punctuality from that type of girl as from others.)
Well said. The well-educated, articulate, middle-class type women you describe usually possesses these qualities because they were raised well. Their parents instilled in them the importance of keeping your word and behaving professionally when the situation demands it.

BMM, obviously you have different preferences than JL. I do not mean this to sound insulting, but I'm genuinely curious as to how you can stand spending time with someone whose inarticulate and whom you have nothing in common with, even if the majority of the time you spend together involves sexual activity.

A big part of the reason why I've always been a punctual, reliable person has nothing to do with excelling in the bussiness world. It has to do with my feeling simply awful about dissapointing other people. It's been more of a curse than a blessing. I would just hate to be thought of a stupid flake.

Originally posted by Cat_Ballou
Show the man what he's won, Vanna...

I don't know whether my European heritage or education level have anything to do with it, but I was simply raised to do any job I sign on for to the best of my ability. Showing up on time is so integral and obvious that it defies even Duh! status...

In response to Harlot's question, the flip side is very real: if you value things like integrity and good ethics, you tend to acquire more clients who value them, too, which is about as win-win as you can get; and secondly, when you conduct yourself in the best manner possible and treat other people with respect, you are free to ask for nothing less in return...
Great post. You are so absolutely right in everything you just said.

BMM can obviously speak for himself, but maybe it'll be less incendiary if I take first crack.

1. Lots of guys like to see sex workers with whom they have "nothing in common" precisely because they think it expands their pool of experience to be exposed at close quarters to the type of people they ordinarily wouldn't deal with.

2. You're being a bit unfair to the women BMM sees. He never said they were inarticulate; all he said was that some of them didn't finish high school. I'd be surprised if they were unable to carry on a conversation.

3. You have to understand that many guys do not look for much in the way of personal interactions in commercial sex sessions. And that there's nothing wrong with that. If anything, that might well be healthier than guys (like me) who seek some simulation of "friendship" along with the sex. The guys who seek sex and nothing more keep a firm eye on what it is they're buying, and there's no danger they're gonna improperly breach the boundaries between them and the women they buy sex from or get confused about the nature of their relationship.

Of course, the experience is different for the sex worker. Anyone who sees BMM is gonna have to be ready for 3 hours of sexual activity, all of it based on pleasing him, without a lot of surrounding niceties that make it seem as much like a social interaction as a commercial sex session. But nobody said being a prostitute is easy. And note that every prostitute who has ever commented about it publicly has gone out of her way to say how great BMM is as a customer: he's nice, he's respectful, he's appreciative, and while he's demanding it's only within the proper bounds. He may expect a lot, but he doesn't expect more than he's entitled to.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Harlot
A big part of the reason why I've always been a punctual, reliable person has nothing to do with excelling in the bussiness world. It has to do with my feeling simply awful about dissapointing other people. It's been more of a curse than a blessing. I would just hate to be thought of a stupid flake.
I hear you, babe -- but it is a blessing, make no mistake, even if it's a pain in the ass sometimes...

Originally posted by justlooking
BMM can obviously speak for himself, but maybe it'll be less incendiary if I take first crack.

1. Lots of guys like to see sex workers with whom they have "nothing in common" precisely because they think it expands their pool of experience to be exposed at close quarters to the type of people they ordinarily wouldn't deal with.

2. You're being a bit unfair to the women BMM sees. He never said they were inarticulate; all he said was that some of them didn't finish high school. I'd be surprised if they were unable to carry on a conversation.

3. You have to understand that many guys do not look for much in the way of personal interactions in commercial sex sessions. And that there's nothing wrong with that. If anything, that might well be healthier than guys (like me) who seek some simulation of "friendship" along with the sex. The guys who seek sex and nothing more keep a firm eye on what it is they're buying, and there's no danger they're gonna improperly breach the boundaries between them and the women they buy sex from or get confused about the nature of their relationship.

Of course, the experience is different for the sex worker. Anyone who sees BMM is gonna have to be ready for 3 hours of sexual activity, all of it based on pleasing him, without a lot of surrounding niceties that make it seem as much like a social interaction as a commercial sex session. But nobody said being a prostitute is easy. And note that every prostitute who has ever commented about it publicly has gone out of her way to say how great BMM is as a customer: he's nice, he's respectful, he's appreciative, and while he's demanding it's only within the proper bounds. He may expect a lot, but he doesn't expect more than he's entitled to.
Maybe you're right, I am being unfair. I'm drawing a lot of conclusions based on what's been said so far. I got the impression that the girls he sees are not very ambitious or educated and inferred that they probably weren't the greatest conversationalists.

Anyway, I can see your point about some johns wanting to remain disattached from the experience on a social or emotional level. It does make the whole thing a lot simpler, I suppose. I think it just seems less enjoyable and fulfilling than the experience you seem to like. But it's all personal preference, just like almost everything else in life.

BMM, obviously you have different preferences than JL. I do not mean this to sound insulting, but I'm genuinely curious as to how you can stand spending time with someone whose inarticulate and whom you have nothing in common with, even if the majority of the time you spend together involves sexual activity.

I enjoy blowjobs.

pswope

One out of three
I do not mean this to sound insulting, but I'm genuinely curious as to how you can stand spending time with someone whose inarticulate and whom you have nothing in common with, even if the majority of the time you spend together involves sexual activity.
That's pretty condescending stuff,nothwithstanding the disclaimer.

(cf semi- articulate diletanttes,who can carry on conversations about Hobbes,locke, and Verdi but are as pathologically fucked up as lower income commercial sex workers from more lower socioeconmic backgrounds and just as vapid. )

Harlot, do you really think a guy like Jl and me are that far apart?
We both want the sex, he just enjoys a different approach.
Were like 2 14 y/os in the schoolyard talking about the girl who has the biggest tits in the class.

Originally posted by pswope
That's pretty condescending stuff,nothwithstanding the disclaimer.

(cf semi- articulate diletanttes,who can carry on conversations about Hobbes,locke, and Verdi but are as pathologically fucked up as lower income commercial sex workers from more lower socioeconmic backgrounds and just as vapid. )
That did come out sounding a lot more condescending than I intended. I guess what I was trying to say is that someone who didn't graduate high school and isn't even responsible enough to function in her job as a prositute probably doesn't have much in common with a middle aged professional male. In retrospect, I'm sure that even two people from totally different worlds can find some topic of conversation that they can chat about. And I'm sure the girls in question have a lot of interesting things to say that would likely be quite entertaining to a middle-aged professional male. I wasn't calling them vapid, really. The kind of woman you just described sounds way more irritating and intolerable than the girls BMM hangs out with.

Originally posted by BigMadM
Harlot, do you really think a guy like Jl and me are that far apart?
We both want the sex, he just enjoys a different approach.
Were like 2 14 y/os in the schoolyard talking about the girl who has the biggest tits in the class.
No, I don't really know enough about you to even begin to compare. It just seems, as you said, that the two of you enjoy being with different types of women and meeting them under circumstances.

That did come out sounding a lot more condescending than I intended. I guess what I was trying to say is that someone who didn't graduate high school and isn't even responsible enough to function in her job as a prositute probably doesn't have much in common with a middle aged professional male. In retrospect, I'm sure that even two people from totally different worlds can find some topic of conversation that they can chat about. And I'm sure the girls in question have a lot of interesting things to say that would likely be quite entertaining to a middle-aged professional male. I wasn't calling them vapid, really. The kind of woman you just described sounds way more irritating and intolerable than the girls BMM hangs out with.
Harlot, have you considered a career in international diplomacy :)?

I thought Ive always made it clear that I enjoy the pure act,the essence of raw sex, with any decent looking young girl who has any type of talent in the sexual arena.
I never hire a girl to judge her, to evaluate her in any area other then the one mentioned above.
I pay for what I enjoy the most.
Meeting women from different backgrounds is not something I cant stand, its something I look foward too.
I know dozens of women who are articulate, educated, and beautiful. This doesnt make them any better in bed.
I am a simple man, with simple desires.

Originally posted by BigMadM
I thought Ive always made it clear that I enjoy the pure act,the essence of raw sex, with any decent looking young girl who has any type of talent in the sexual arena.
I never hire a girl to judge her, to evaluate her in any area other then the one mentioned above.
I pay for what I enjoy the most.
Meeting women from different backgrounds is not something I cant stand, its something I look foward too.
I know dozens of women who are articulate, educated, and beautiful. This doesnt make them any better in bed.
I am a simple man, with simple desires.
Nuff said.