Poll: Provider Lateness and believability

Part1: How often is a provider late or no-shows? Part 2: Do you believe their excuse?

• Part 1: I never never had one show up late, they've always been punctual

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Hardly ever, less than 10%

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • On some occasions, around 10-25%

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • Certainly more often than I'd like, 25% to half the time

Votes: 16 26.7%
  • I'm surprised when they don't show up late, about half the time to 75%

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • Just call me BMM, almost always

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • I'm still waiting, could someone bring me some hot cocoa?

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Part 2: Shit happens, I trust that they almost always have a good excuse

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • It depends on the excuse, sometimes I believe them.

Votes: 16 26.7%
  • If thier lips are moving they're lying

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • I'm lucky if I even hear from them

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
It could also be that the very same non-sexual qualities that everybody laughs at me for paying a premium for -- women who come across as articulate, educated, middle-class-seeming women -- also tend to make a woman the kind of person who doesn't just not show up when she's supposed to.

JL, I have set a limit. Until very recently, I was seeing 3-5 girls a week. Most were extended sessions, and it was quite costly.
I might do alot better if I just book 1, or 2 higher priced girls, like yourself, then I probably wouldnt worry about no-shows or cancellations.

But am I the only person on this board, that finds it incredible, that a girl with perhaps not even a high school education,(and Im not knocking anyone), could demand 2-3 hundred bucks an hour and not show up for work. I dont get it. I just will never understand that even if shes only working for a mere 300 bucks an hour, why she wouldnt show some courtesy.

That's just it. If you're dealing with a girl who might not have had the discipline to finish high school (I know there are other reasons she might have dropped out, but that's one possibility), why do you think you have the right to assume she'll show up for work?

(And note, when I say the "right" to "assume", I'm not saying it's excusable that she's late or that she's held to a different standard than a college graduate. I'm just saying that if you're considering reality -- how people actually conduct themselves as opposed to how you think they should -- it's unrealistic to think you're going to get the same level of punctuality from that type of girl as from others.)

Originally posted by justlooking
It could also be that the very same non-sexual qualities that everybody laughs at me for paying a premium for -- women who come across as articulate, educated, middle-class-seeming women -- also tend to make a woman the kind of person who doesn't just not show up when she's supposed to.
Show the man what he's won, Vanna...

I don't know whether my European heritage or education level have anything to do with it, but I was simply raised to do any job I sign on for to the best of my ability. Showing up on time is so integral and obvious that it defies even Duh! status...

In response to Harlot's question, the flip side is very real: if you value things like integrity and good ethics, you tend to acquire more clients who value them, too, which is about as win-win as you can get; and secondly, when you conduct yourself in the best manner possible and treat other people with respect, you are free to ask for nothing less in return...

Last edited:

pswope

One out of three
jl

While there might be differing patholgies between the girls you and BMM see, I don't think it necesarily correlates to class distinctions. I see many of the same types as BMM and I believe that my no show (or broken date) percentage is not very different than yours(lateness is another story).
The difference between the experience that BMM and I have is 1. His early am appointments are verydifficult for anyone and 2 (conjecture) I make it clear from outset that if they do acts like No Shows,without cause, our biz relationship is over (cf lateness ,which I accept as a cost of dealing with sistas). This has been highly effective.

danger-us

BACKCHANNEL BOY
Originally posted by BigMadM
But am I the only person on this board, that finds it incredible, that a girl with perhaps not even a high school education,(and Im not knocking anyone), could demand 2-3 hundred bucks an hour and not show up for work. I dont get it. I just will never understand that even if shes only working for a mere 300 bucks an hour, why she wouldnt show some courtesy.
It takes a lot of discipline to hold a steady "legal" job. Even more discipline to go to college, get a degree, start with a low-paying entry-level job and rise through the ranks.

Too many of these girls have no discipline whatsoever. They haven't learned the lessons of responsibility.

They are not concerned about their resume. Even with the internet, there's not too much of a fuss over it. I don't believe a john is thinking "Gee, she's bounced around from place to place, I won't 'hire' her. If she's pretty, she's forgiven all too fast.

Many young girls don't follow rules very well and don't show up on time (or at all) . Many older girls have learn some lessons in life.

Maturity is doing the right thing, not just what you can get away with. These young girls are immature and do what immature and irresponsible girls do.

pswope

One out of three
d-u

I agree with your first couple of graffs,whichis why many working girls(& other sex workers) could never cut it in the straight world. The longer theywork in commercial sex and get set in the culture of lies,irresponsibilty etc.,the less likely they are to escape.
There is one lady I know,who claims she is taking a straight job in mid-September. Assuming,she is not lying* about that,her chances of modifying her behavior to the square world is slim. **

[size=1/64]* The lying,because it is so baldfaced and disrepectful is way more bothersome than tardiness. However,I concluded a while ago that if lying was a dealbreaker,I better find another compulsion. I think the GNP of commercal sex would be reduced by 63% if lying was a dealkilling event.
** I must say that some respond positively to the threat of losing bussiness and thus may respond to a loss of job as well [/size]

11am is my standard early morning appt. Id go earlier, but most girls cant do it.
And Id like to make something clear. The girls I frequent, or enjoy seeing, mostly are young,cute, 24-30, some younger, and I expect a little flakiness.
The early hours have nothing to do with the no-shows or cancellations.
I dont have a problem with a girl if she would have a DROP OF FUCKING COMMON DECENCY AND CALL ME IN ADVANCE IF SHE CANNOT SHOW......THATS IT......I DONT THINK IM ASKING TOO MUCH OF A GIRL THAT IF SHE WAS OUT ALL NIGHT GETTING HIGH WITH HER FRIENDS, OR IF SHE WOKE UP PUKING, OR IF SHE FORGOT SHE HAD TO TAKE HER KID TO THE DENTIST, PICK UP THAT FUCKING CELL PHONE AND TELL YOUR 300 DOLLAR AN HOUR CLIENT, THAT TREATS YOU LIKE A PRINCESS, THAT YOU CANT MAKE IT.

Dont make a person kill half a day, get aggrevated, and then when he calls you 34 times, you come up with the oh, I forgot to call.
I wish I didnt like to get my dick sucked more than 5 times a week.(if I only needed 5 bjs a week, Id stay home with my wife)

The day I find a girl thats young, decent looking, and dependable, and courteous, I will not share that info with this board. Im keeping her all for myself. I need a fucking break.
I