Politics and prostitution

pjorourke

Thinks he's Caesar's Wife
Originally posted by justlooking
Demonstrably not true.

(I'm not saying he's not personally selfish. But he doesn't elevate that to a political principle.)
So demonstrate!

The only political principle that Slick Willie believes in is whatever it takes to get him (or her) elected.

One Of Those Self-Satisfied Posts That Make Me Look Like Shit

(Now that I think of it -- and this shows how lame I am -- it's exactly congruent to my interest in TBD discussions. I'm willing to talk all day and night about how lame I think that site is [was] culturally and ideologically. But I couldn't give two shits about the allegations that have always been made -- not just recently in the Florida court -- about TBD the individual. I know you think Bill Clinton's conduct shows the moral bankruptcy of liberalism, but I just don't see it that way. And I have no interest whatsoever in defending, or really even in discussing, Bill Clinton as an individual.)

pjorourke

So jl, I see someone else is reading UG when they are supposed to be catching up with work Sunday evening.

Actually, I don't think that Bill Clinton's conduct shows the moral bankruptcy of liberalism. First of all, I’m not sure he is a liberal. The thing I most despise about the man is that as far as I can perceive he has no principles whatsover - moral, political, etc. If he had thought he stood a better chance of running and winning as a born again Christian he would be running around with Jimmy Swaggert, not Jesse Jackson.

Secondly, I don't even think that liberalism is morally bankrupt. Failed, misguided, naive, control freaks, mommies -- those are words I would use to describe liberals, not morally bankrupt.

Last edited:

justme

homo economicus
My problem with libertarianism, is that I can't see any substantial differences between it and anarchy.

I mean, I'm fairly confident in my ability to defend myself from most things that roll my way. Why should I pay for your police protection? Simply because you have more to lose? I think not.

Re: Re: Obviously

Originally posted by pjorourke

You obviously don't understand what Libertarianism is all about -- individual liberty and personal responsibility.
Yes, it is the perfect philosophy for Utopiaguide, because you would need a Utopian society for such ill-conceived notions to actually work.

pjorourke

Re: Re: Re: Obviously

Originally posted by wsb

Yes, it is the perfect philosophy for Utopiaguide, because you would need a Utopian society for such ill-conceived notions to actually work.
I never said it was practical (in fact I said it wasn't). However, the need for a Utopian society is equally required for most Liberal ideas. Whats the common thread there? Maybe the assumptiuon that people are good.