NHL Hockey

I know the Ziegfield theatre in midtown is having a viewing party for Game 5 but does anyone know offhand of any other good sports bars in the city where Rangers fans, specifically, like to go and watch games?? Thanks in advance.

Gavy,

Had no idea you were a Rangers fan.

So am I. Back from the days of Ed Giacomin, Terry Sawchuck and the GAG line. It took me two full years before I could cheer for Phil Esposito. That's how much I despised the Bruins.

Last edited:
Gavy,

So am I. Back from the days of Ed Giacomin, Terry Sawchuck and the GAG line. It took me two full years before I could cheer for Phil Esposito. That's how much I despised the Bruins.
Lamont: good to see that you root for the Blueshirts. I go back to those days, too. Brad Park on defense and Emil the Cat behind the Bench, as well as the guys you mentioned. I once met the Chief, Jim Neilson, at a game in the LA Forum against the Kings- he was sitting right behind us.

Terrific Rangers win over the Devils in Round One.

Go Rangers,

Chels

Gavy,

Gavy is not a Ranger fan. I would like to convert him if possible but I do not think that it will work. He rerally needs to find a new team though. The Islanders just are hard to root for. I know that he is watching the Rangers as he maybe just will not admit it.

Last edited:
Gavy is not a Ranger fan. I would like to convert him if possible but I do not think that it will work. He rerally needs to find a new team though. The Islanders just are hard to root for. I know that he is watching the Rangers as he maybe just will not admit it.
Gavy and I are Jets and Islanders fans and will suffer for it for the rest of our lives. At least the Isles gave me some titles to reflect upon fondly.

Gavy and I are Jets and Islanders fans and will suffer for it for the rest of our lives. At least the Isles gave me some titles to reflect upon fondly.
Lasc: You could almost (note that I said almost) say the same for the Rangers. They gave us one Cup and great memories of '94.

Rangers have improved but Pittburgh or Canadiens will be a tough test in the second round.

Rooting for the Islanders must be difficult, unfortunately for their fans. Well, that said, with the addition of 2-3 players, they could contend. Ted Nolan is a good guy, and that fan base is very loyal. Ranger-Islander games always have a highly competitive atmosphere, no matter what the record of the team.

Enjoy the games,

Chels

Last edited:
Lasc: You could almost (note that I said almost) say the same for the Rangers. They gave us one Cup and great memories of '94.

Rangers have improved but Pittburgh or Canadiens will be a tough test in the second round.

Rooting for the Islanders must be difficult, unfortunately for their fans. Well, that said, with the addition of 2-3 players, they could contend. Ted Nolan is a good guy, and that fan base is very loyal. Ranger-Islander games always have a highly competitive atmosphere, no matter what the record of the team.

Enjoy the games,

Chels

Chels, The Islander fans are not loyal. Not including Las, and Gavy, they do not drawer anything. No fans at the games. Not even half filled. Only for the Ranger games. Not it should have nothing to do with them being good or bad. Just look at the Knicks. They still sellout and they are a joke. Now, talking about the Islander glory years? It does not get better than that. I hate the Islanders and always have, But for all of the Glory yrs, I was at 30 home games a yr and every single playoff game including the cups. My father in law, well at the time, my GF family had season tickets. I was there all the time to see great hockey. I never would sit there and boo, and of coarse would not cheer either, but I respected that team, maybe more than any other team in any sport, except for the 2008 Jets.

Last edited:

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
Chels, The Islander fans are not loyal. Not including Las, and Gavy, they do not drawer anything. No fans at the games. Not even half filled. Only for the Ranger games. Not it should have nothing to do with them being good or bad. Just look at the Knicks. They still sellout and they are a joke.
Going to the arena year after year and being "loyal" is why the Cubs haven't won anything in over 100 years, the Rangers have only one championship in 68 years, etc. etc.

Why throw good money at a team that obviously doesn't care about winning or losing? Why do I still go to games? To keep my old man company.

Go Pens (or Habs) Go!

Gavy

Going to the arena year after year and being "loyal" is why the Cubs haven't won anything in over 100 years, the Rangers have only one championship in 68 years, etc. etc.

Why throw good money at a team that obviously doesn't care about winning or losing? Why do I still go to games? To keep my old man company.

Go Pens (or Habs) Go!

Gavy

That is cool. But you know what I mean about the fans there, Nobody goes there. I think that is great to go with dad, and also your kids.

Last edited:
If the series goes 6 or more, Rangers win.

Man, I hope that you are right. There is a lot of offensive power there. But, goaltending and defense, usually wins, right? So, it should be good. I felt real good about playing the Flyers or Canadiens. I thought we would win those series. I am not too sure about this one.

OK, tomorrow night is the biggest game for the Rangers in the last 14 years. They win tomorrow and it is a new series. They lose, well, it is only a matter of how many games it goes.