Negotiating Fees

How often do you try ? How often do you succeed ? By what amount ?

• Try 0%

Votes: 73 43.5%
  • Try 25%

Votes: 35 20.8%
  • Try 50%

Votes: 21 12.5%
  • Try 75%

Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Try 100%

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Succeed 0%

Votes: 19 11.3%
  • Succeed 10%

Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Succeed 20%

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Succeed 30%

Votes: 16 9.5%
  • Succeed 50%

Votes: 28 16.7%
  • Succeed 75%

Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Succeed 100%

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Discount 10%

Votes: 10 6.0%
  • Discount 20%

Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Discount 30%

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Discount 50%

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Discount 75%

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Discount 100%

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters

Wwanderer

Kids, don't try this at home
Re: From Ww's ATF

Originally posted by Hannah of Tokyo
PS. Ww thinks that I'm worth more than I charge. But I can't charge much more and still be democratic.
Though true, I am not sure that the other guys here will appreciate my expressing that opinion to you! In any case, it is OK to charge PJ more since he isn't a Democrat anyway.

-Ww

pjorourke

Thinks he's Caesar's Wife
Re: Re: From Ww's ATF

Originally posted by Wwanderer

Though true, I am not sure that the other guys here will appreciate my expressing that opinion to you! In any case, it is OK to charge PJ more since he isn't a Democrat anyway.

-Ww
I want the Libertarian rate. It should be lower -- less government overhead.

Wwanderer

Kids, don't try this at home
Re: Epiphany regarding price/performance in my experiences:

jm, I do not have enough time today (or in the next few) to adequately reply to your missive that I "set off", but I do think it is true that Asian women have a profoundly different attitude toward many aspects of sex, including commercial sex work, than most westerners. And I also think that people living as expats (in a culture very different from their own) often look at things and behave very differently than they would "at home". Otherwise, I have rather little experience, and no recent experience at all, with the part of Biz market you are describing...so have no basis to comment much on the details. Very interesting reading though. Thanks.

-Ww

justme

homo economicus
I was replying to this:

You are right that it is not my experience, but it is also not the first time I have "heard" guys say that they get better service (in various ways, including clockwatching issues) from lower priced providers. I find it puzzling but do not know what else to say about it. My own experience is that quality correlates with price, but fairly weakly (i.e., lots of exceptions to the overall trend both up and down scale). I wonder if it might be partly a result of exceptionally good service at low prices and poor service at high prices being more memorable than the reverse. In other words, those sorts of exceptions stand out more in your memory when you think back over many years of hobbying and so mislead you (guys in general I mean, not you in particular) to some degree. But that is just a speculation.

And attempting to explain the erratic, yet determinable price/performance correlation.

The specific stuff was just to give people a background on where I'm coming from (and because I'm egocentric).

justme

homo economicus
Oh, and while my commercial sex lately has been at these apartments (well, really lately there has been no commercial sex), my experience over the last few years is with different market segments.

(Although never anything that could be described as 'expensive')

I think I can explain the lower $/better service scenario. As stated somewhere here earlier, someone wrote that often the less attractive women simply cannot charge higher fees, even if their service is great.
Higher priced providers seem to base their fees on their good looks. Its been my observation, while working and doing phones at a busy house, and now at my own place, that the really pretty girls IN GENERAL are lazier because they slide by on their good looks. Some even think they are doing clients a favor, that the clients are LUCKY to spend time with them.
The girls who arent quite as pretty, who may have a lower rate as a result, HAVE to work harder, be more accomodating, give better service to get repeat clients. I find that the less attractive girls at my own place have as many regulars as the true beauties, because they give a great session. They just work harder.

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
I also think that in general the good looking girls get less repeat business because guys try them once because of their looks but not again because of their service, whereas if a guy tries the not as good looking ones and gets great service, it's obvious that it's a guy who has "gotten over" her looks already ( gee, that sounds horrible ) and will come back again for more good service.

rates

My suggestions and comments

$ 250 - $ 300 is a going rate for nites with 2 cups or more

I am a little upet when providers give one cup and get up and dressed after 15 minutes then wan tto talk for 45 minutes.

If you want business - give us clients a reasonable good time and don't pul the rush job. I have gotten ful time from houses as well as indies and visa versa as to short time.

FOr discounts - Ladies don't think of it as a discount think of it as time management and filling your book up/ If you don't want to lower your price - don't .

But consider that you may fined some good clients long term at a lower rate and maybe you need t offer a day rate special or 30 minute deal to get some guys interested . If you are into higher cost per housr like $ 250 -350 - give us poor guys a break to try you out at least.

I would rather have a special treat 2 x a month at 200 - 300 ot $400 if I knew what I was getting before hand . Rather than a piss poor massage ar $ 100 weekly or a $ 175 house girl that will be out in ohio next week.

eom

justme

homo economicus
Less horrible?

A woman with above average looks and below average service is less likely to get repeat business than one with below average looks and above average service because in both cases a john that books a first appointment finds looks sufficent, however, in the case of the more attractive woman, he may be dissappointed with service, whereas in the other case he will be more likely to find service (and hence both looks and service) acceptable.

Originally posted by slinkybender
Hey, a car company recently had their initial marketing scheme revolve around "low, 'no haggle' pricing". Perhaps there's a niche for an independnat or two to do the same.

PS I've been fighting with myself all day not to post this, but the "evil slinky" just won out: why is it that there are providers who will gladly give a freebie to any guy who refers 2 customers ( i.e. giving 2 sessions and collecting $500 ) but steadfastly refuse to pay $75 for an ad ?
SLinky

As a sales person , I can tel you that people are CHEAP.

I learns of four things that sell product ( besides quality and brand)
1) PRICE
2) PRICE
3) PRICE
4) PRICE

Just look at walmart, target etc. .
Your Potential client ( the indie or house); directly pays for the ads and therefore whatever comes out of their pocket affects them 100% on bottom line.

I would suggest you change YOUR ad rates as follows
( if rate is $ 75 a month
Month 1 25
Month 2 50
Month 3 75

sort of a trial basis - further - if you get a long term contract IE 6 -12 month - as a bonus give a banner on bottom as a pop up
just my thoughts to help you sell space.

ALso many are in this for 3 -6 months and MOVE on. SOme are part tmers . SO you may also offer smaller ads - classifieds at $ 25 -35 a month.

You may want to send *****s t oladies on other websites as like mentertainment dot com.

The trick in any business is to consistantly pass break even and get ANY SALE . I would rather have 40 sales at 50 bucks than 1 at 1000 - get it ? ( even thou - more work - more cash flow is what is important.

jules

( maybe you have )

Price

I have never tried to get a lady to reduce her price,if I feel her price is too high,I just won't see her...

I do wish more of the ladies would give bigger discounts on Multi-hour appointments(as spoken about on prior threads)for that reason I mosty book single hour appointments.

sean..i always like to research...maybe im looking in the wrong spot but i do see lots of providers that lower their rate per hour

i know kimmie, lauren and candie do
not sure bout betty and others

justme

homo economicus
j1 - Thanks. My observation has been that price facors less than dependability when marketing a service (this is more true of products that augment core competency, which admitedly advertising is not) to business owners.

dont negotiate, just say no

used to see a very good provider for $200, more if she traveled. last time i inquired she was at 300. I did not make an appt and wont at those rates.

PRICE VERSUS .............

Originally posted by justme
j1 - Thanks. My observation has been that price facors less than dependability when marketing a service (this is more true of products that augment core competency, which admitedly advertising is not) to business owners.
Yes price is just one of seven basic values in the buy procee and it is proven to be at the bottom of the list

However it is the easiest to adjust usually ( gas prices ) versus the quality issue or service, reliability etc.

How many providers can really show you reliability in their ads , even a good body can be faked .

of course price can be adjusted to market conditions instandtly but a poor body is a poor body ...........etc

Last edited:

justme

homo economicus
Heh, well we're a financial service that doesn't compete on price (we focus on reliability, service, and value added). It's my job to make the market understand our superiority in the above over our competition. So for me, I can never sell on

PRICE
PRICE
PRICE.