Ms Good Golly - a review

amy1971 said:
not what it means to 'me'...but what it 'originally' meant...
You know what it originally meant? Were you around when it first started getting batted around on these boards. I was, and I can't tell you what it means. :)

Thorn said:
Amy, unsafe is a dangerous term to be using...

The acts that you perform are "unsafe" for your clients as well.

One could get caught philandering and lose a long term involvement, access to ones children, financial holdings, find oneself ostracized from ones society [friends, family and such] and possibly even go to jail. What is this if not "unsafe".

Absolute terms have very little business in a "hobby" [sic] like our own, where the only absolute should be that there are no absolutes.
if you hobby...those are risks you take.....not my problem if YOU get caught...just like its not your problem if i get caught.

amy1971 said:
i've been trying to have a GOOD one ALL day...so far no luck...let me see who else i can piss of....moving to another thread now!!!!! don't miss me too much!!!! LOL!
P.S. I know your sense of humor. It is very dry, and thus similar to my own.

When I comment it is simply because I have seen something I want to call attention to, because it touches something I think ought to be recognized, or because I find some fault in the logic and want to point out were it went wrong [in my opinion] or explore alternate possiblities.

With you I have done both. I enjoy your posts, and will continue to do both, and discuss same if you are of a mind.

Stay chilly baby. It's always worked for me. :cool:

Thorn said:
P.S. I know your sense of humor. It is very dry, and thus similar to my own.

When I comment it is simply because I have seen something I want to call attention to, because it touches something I think ought to be recognized, or because I find some fault in the logic and want to point out were it went wrong [in my opinion] or explore alternate possiblities.

With you I have done both. I enjoy your posts, and will continue to do both, and discuss same if you are of a mind.

Stay chilly baby. It's always worked for me. :cool:

DITTO baby!!!!!!

amy1971 said:
if you hobby...those are risks you take.....not my problem if YOU get caught...just like its not your problem if i get caught.

You missed my point. I didn't say it was your problem. I said your use of the term "unsafe", suggesting that what you do is safe by comparison, is inaccurate. You can't avoid the implication made indirectly. Especially when you make the point so often as to drive that indirect inference home like a hammer driving a nail.

It might be "safer", but it isn't safe. [I feel like Sir Olivier in "Marathon Man". "Is it safe."]

Last edited:
amy1971 said:
i'm not AT ALL concerned with people responding to my posts...either you like them or you don't...the world is still turning.!
Again, not quite online with what I am driving at.

I am not talking about people liking or not liking your posts.

I am talking about being fair with folks because you want, and expect, them to be fair with you.

i.e.

"Don't knock me because I choose to be "safer" in my sex practices with my clients."

"You let your clients [insert sex act of choice] without a condom on. Ewwwww!"

See the disparage, and therefore the issue of parity I am trying to get you to notice?

Thorn said:
Again, not quite online with what I am driving at.

I am not talking about people liking or not liking your posts.

I am talking about being fair with folks because you want, and expect, them to be fair with you.

i 'got' YOUR point....but MY point is....I DON'T CARE!!!!!! (-->if people are fair with me or not....in fact...its much more ENTERTAINING when they aren't...feel me?????..

Thorn said:
You missed my point. I didn't say it was your problem. I said your use of the term "unsafe", suggesting that what you do is safe by comparison, is inaccurate. You can't avoid the implication made indirectly. Especially when you make the point so often as to drive that indirect inference home like a hammer driving a nail.

It might be "safer", but it isn't safe. [I feel like Sir Olivier in "Marathon Man". "Is it safe."]

thorn....i DIDN'T miss your point...i have stated what you are saying right now at least 20 times on my old thread..YOU 'aren't' getting it.....I D_O_N_T_ C_A_R_E about fair or not fair...i say what i have to say...if it ruffles feathers....OH FUCKING WELL!!!!!! :)

Last edited:
i never said i wasn't at risk ...i never said this job is safe if you don't do bbbj's....so you're wasting your breath.

Last edited:
amy1971 said:
i 'got' YOUR point....but MY point is....I DON'T CARE!!!!!! (-->if people are fair with me or not....in fact...its much more ENTERTAINING when they aren't...feel me?????..

amy1971 said:
thorn....i DIDN'T miss your point...i have stated what you are saying right now at least 20 times on my old thread..YOU 'aren't' getting it.....I D_O_N_T_ C_A_R_E about fair or not fair...i say what i have to say...if it ruffles feathers....OH FUCKING WELL!!!!!! :)
Hmmm.... Than I misjudged your intent.

I think you will find, as you grow in experience and maturity, that being droll isn't the same thing as being caustic. Anymore than being calculative the same as manipulative, or callous or pitiless the same thing thing as being cruel.

You can be any of the former and still be fair with people, treating them as you would be treated yourself.

Habits of this sort carry over into everyday life. I hope, if this is how you truly feel, you don't protest to loudly when the fates, in their infinite irony, throws someone you way who treats you in a way they would never want to be treated themselves. The demi-gods of the ironic rarely fail to anoint those who place such temptations before them. After all, one reaps what one sows.

[I'll keep a good thought and hope it should never be the case... though a good face plant can be an excellent learning tool. Look what it has managed to do for me. {Chuckling good naturedly}]

BTW, just in case I need to point it out [though I think I shouldn't have to] I don't think you are actually as caustic, nor as potentially cruel in your unwillingness to give to others what you have specifically requested for yourself, as you make out.

It isn't impossible, but I don't think my antenna could be that far off.

amy1971 said:
i never said i wasn't at risk ...i never said this job is safe if you don't do bbbj's....so you're wasting your breath.
??? Point of order: :)

When you push a point as passionately as you do, and cast disdain down upon others who do differently, it isn't only your words ["what you say"] that communicates. An inference is created. In your case, regarding this issue, a very strone inference.

If you, as you have specifically done in the past, ask others to understand you and why you do things the way you do, but than lack any compassion or understanding of others who do it differently, it reeks of hypocrisy.

Hypocrisy is a hot button for me, and I do tend to point out Emperors [and Empresses] who find themselves lacking "cloth" in that regard.

My saving grace is that I don't protest if I am found wanting and someone points it out. Though, I say with no shortage of pride [whether I am particularly worthy or not, not withstanding] few have been able to catch me without my clothes on for quite some time. :D [biggest foppish grin]

Thorn said:
??? Point of order: :)

When you push a point as passionately as you do, and cast disdain down upon others who do differently, it isn't only your words ["what you say"] that communicates. An inference is created. In your case, regarding this issue, a very strone inference.

If you, as you have specifically done in the past, ask others to understand you and why you do things the way you do, but than lack any compassion or understanding of others who do it differently, it reeks of hypocrisy.

Hypocrisy is a hot button for me, and I do tend to point out Emperors [and Empresses] who find themselves lacking "cloth" in that regard.

My saving grace is that I don't protest if I am found wanting and someone points it out. Though, I say with no shortage of pride [whether I am particularly worthy or not, not withstanding] few have been able to catch me without my clothes on for quite some time. :D [biggest foppish grin]

AGAIN...i get it thorn....your details, examples,and explanations are NOT necessary....i catch on alot quicker than you give me credit for.....you are absolutely right......i have 'no' COMPASSION or UNDERSTANDING for those who don't take the possibility of catching or passing disease seriously. I do my best to prevent it and i can't see why ANYONE with common sense would dispute it.

Last edited:
Thorn said:
Hmmm.... Than I misjudged your intent.

I think you will find, as you grow in experience and maturity, that being droll isn't the same thing as being caustic. Anymore than being calculative the same as manipulative, or callous or pitiless the same thing thing as being cruel.

You can be any of the former and still be fair with people, treating them as you would be treated yourself.

Habits of this sort carry over into everyday life. I hope, if this is how you truly feel, you don't protest to loudly when the fates, in their infinite irony, throws someone you way who treats you in a way they would never want to be treated themselves. The demi-gods of the ironic rarely fail to anoint those who place such temptations before them. After all, one reaps what one sows.

[I'll keep a good thought and hope it should never be the case... though a good face plant can be an excellent learning tool. Look what it has managed to do for me. {Chuckling good naturedly}]
AGAIN.....i'm not too worried about it.

Last edited:
amy1971 said:
AGAIN...i get it thorn....your details, examples,and explanations are NOT necessary....i catch on alot quicker than you give me credit for.....you are absolutely right......i have 'no' COMPASSION or UNDERSTANDING for those who don't take the possibility of catching or passing disease seriously. I do my best to prevent it and i can't see why ANYONE with common sense would dispute it.
No, but you don't get it, because you think I dispute your position when it isn't your position I dispute at all.

One last time: You asked people not to come down on you for acting the way you choose to do. But than you come down on others for not doing as you do.

If you were going to be fair your position would be: Say whatever you want about me and I'll say whatever I want about you. Now, admittedly, that is closer [but not exactly] your behavior now but I can quote posts where you asked for understanding, both for your position and yourself.

My sole point is, if you ask for understanding you should be prepared to give it. If not, be prepared to be labled a hypocrite. [or worse from folks less polite than I]

Now do you see what I am driving at. It has absolutely nothing, directly, to do with the value of your stance on safer sex.

You have a tendency to go 'ad hominem' on folks. Ridicule them, as opposed to their ideas or actions. It has improved since that brief slide you experienced after the great start you got oh so many pages ago in this thread, but you backslide every now and then.

I'll shut up, for now. :D

i think...you think... way too much...i do and say what i like...you should too....!!! you have already made these same points...im not sure what you think im NOT getting...or why you feel the need to repeat the same things to me with examples and explanations...but me expecting a fair shot at proving myself to not be the asshole i once was has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with people possibly spreading disease....FAR FROM IT......i have thorn...seen what you were driving at...the whole entire time....but the points you are bringing up are irrelevant to each other.

amy1971 said:
...but the points you are bringing up are irrelevant to each other.
I agree we are at an impasse, for I think there is a correlation when asking to be able to prove you aren't the asshole you use to be [your words, not mine].

We've both made our cases. The court of public opinion will decide, if it is interested enough to do so, and pass judgement on the merits thereof.

Either way I sincerely wish you well.

Thorn said:
I agree we are at an impasse, for I think there is a correlation when asking to be able to prove you aren't the asshole you use to be [your words, not mine].

We've both made our cases. The court of public opinion will decide, if it is interested enough to do so, and pass judgement on the merits thereof.

Either way I sincerely wish you well.

again....thorn...public opinion doesn't matter to me...if it did...i wouldnt say half the shit i do...and...when i was talking about the asshole factor...it was about my service...and my service is great now compared to before....no matter what...you CAN'T dispute that...and neither can anyone else.....my reviews are proof of that.!!!!! you can't twist this into something its not...like you TRY to with everything else!!!!...