MLB cheating scandal

If Altuve did have a buzzer, and running around telling his team mates not to rip his shirt off ( he said his wife doesnt like him with no shirt on) That makes me sick. The whole thing is terrible, but seeing videos like that, if true, is disgusting. But we dont know if its true, but again, not sure he gets the benefit of the doubt.

pokler

Power Bottom
Big fucking deal, Pete Rose says the scandal and steroids are worse than what he did. Geez what a fucking surprise. Of course he is going to say that.

Bottom line, Pete Rose is a piece of shit and he will never get in the HOF while he is alive.

Yes or No... Do you know more about baseball than Pete Rose?

pokler

Power Bottom
Well if he thinks steroids are worse than gambling than I say yes and all the Commissioners would back me up since he is banned for life and none of the steroid guys are.
I think the all time hits leader knows more about the effect on hitting of knowing the next pitch than you do .

pokler

Power Bottom
And of course he is not going to skew his answer to make himself look better.
Dude Pete Rose has nothing to prove at this point. As an expert with infinite more experience than anyone on this board he's just pointing out signal stealing alters the game. Thus the Astro's didn't really "win".
Whereas when he gambled on winning he played as hard as he could within the rules to win. Everyone including cheaters like Altuve need to be thrown out for life. Anything less stains MLB.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Dude Pete Rose has nothing to prove at this point. As an expert with infinite more experience than anyone on this board he's just pointing out signal stealing alters the game. Thus the Astro's didn't really "win".
Whereas when he gambled on winning he played as hard as he could within the rules to win. Everyone including cheaters like Altuve need to be thrown out for life. Anything less stains MLB.
I agree with everything you wrote about the Astros.
The disconnect between what we believe is you and Pete don't have a problem with him gambling on his team to win.
Obviously since every Commissioner since Judge Mountain Landis does and the fact MLB has ALWAYS frowned on gambling which is why Rose is banned for life.

I don't want to be like Bana-shit and close the thread to insure I get the last word but since we seem to have reached an impass here why don't we just agree that we disagree and stop beating a dead horse.

pokler

Power Bottom
I agree with everything you wrote about the Astros.
The disconnect between what we believe is you and Pete don't have a problem with him gambling on his team to win.
Obviously since every Commissioner since Judge Mountain Landis does and the fact MLB has ALWAYS frowned on gambling which is why Rose is banned for life.

I don't want to be like Bana-shit and close the thread to insure I get the last word but since we seem to have reached an impass here why don't we just agree that we disagree and stop beating a dead horse.
Agreed

Big fucking deal, Pete Rose says the scandal and steroids are worse than what he did. Geez what a fucking surprise. Of course he is going to say that.

Bottom line, Pete Rose is a piece of shit and he will never get in the HOF while he is alive.
After hearing his interview last year by Mike, I disagree. I'm no expert, but the Pete Rose situation is bullshit.

I dont know why the Yanks are still complaining and talking about the Astros cheating. They just signed one of the cheaters to that huge contracts. Plus, Why is Boone wondering, if there were buzzers used? Just ask Cole. WTF.
I do, agree with Steve, who believes buzzers were used and that Altuve wore it.