MLB cheating scandal

I firmly believe that although the Astros and Red Sox are getting the hammer for this, they are just taking the bullet for the league.

Most teams if not all I believe engaged in some form of electronic sign stealing/communications. Astros/Cora's system was just the best one with a team that already had a TON of talent.

He has to go, I just commented in the Mets thread. Mets Organization doesn't need this on them, and if they got off to a bad start he would be RIPPED to shreds because he's not able to cheat. Cut the cord, hire Eduardo Perez.

Something is bothering me about Beltran stepping down as Mets manager.
Brodie’s college roommate and best buddy. A J Hinch, gets fired. Hinch’s bench coach, Cora gets fired in Boston. Hinch’s senior and most respected player, Beltran, steps down. Are we to believe Brodie did not know about what was coming down? How? Why isn’t Brodie being held accountable for this mess with the Mets? Knowing what he, Brodie, knew about the situation, how and why does he hire Beltran? And why does he still have a job with the Mets?

Maybe this gives Mets the excuse to let BVW go.

On another disgusting note, its being reported that Altuve and Bregman wore "buzzers" on their shoulders and were buzzed by a clubhouse attendant in the dugout hallway after they saw the pitch sign and would buzz the players to indicate what kind of pitch was being thrown.

Not for nothing, I know we discussed this in the Yankee thread, but its like Altuve KNEW what pitch Chapman was throwing him. He crushed that pitch, and tells his teammates to NOT rip his short off when he was rounding third and heading home. Don't rip my shirt off were his thoughts, not WOW what a fucking life moment I just had.

Cheating Rat Fucks!

Buster Olney reported on ESPN that Mets are "wavering" on Beltran.

We're close to reaching Peak Mets before Pitchers and Catchers even report for the season.
That didn't take long; we reached Peak Mets.

The new reports about electronic buzzers being worn by the players, their MVP no less, this is getting worse and worse for all involved.

Unprecedented levels of cheating going here. It's been reported that the use of buzzers couldn't be substantiated by MLB in their investigation, but perhaps there's new evidence coming out about this. IF that's the case, and they can confirm certain players wore those patches, the Commissioner has to dole out punishments for players involved.

Maybe this gives Mets the excuse to let BVW go.

On another disgusting note, its being reported that Altuve and Bregman wore "buzzers" on their shoulders and were buzzed by a clubhouse attendant in the dugout hallway after they saw the pitch sign and would buzz the players to indicate what kind of pitch was being thrown.

Not for nothing, I know we discussed this in the Yankee thread, but its like Altuve KNEW what pitch Chapman was throwing him. He crushed that pitch, and tells his teammates to NOT rip his short off when he was rounding third and heading home. Don't rip my shirt off were his thoughts, not WOW what a fucking life moment I just had.

Cheating Rat Fucks!
The commissioners office said there is nothing to that.

This casts a much bigger shadow on the integrity of the game than what Pete Rose did. All Astro wins now need an asterisk. No need for any asterisk when Red's won a game with Rose . He was just trying to win fair and square.
Thats the problem. We dont know. Nobody knows if he ever beat on his team to lose. He had a bad gambling problem. he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt. In saying this, if I had a vote for the HOF, I vote yes.

I think Manfred handled this poorly. He let the players off and that sends a message that it's OK to cheat.
Steve, the only thing is that players on many or several other teams then would really have to be investigated. Yanks and Dodgers did it also, do you want the Commissioner to keep looking and start suspending many players from at least 4 teams? Why just the Astros? I dont disagree with you totally. But it goes deeper than the Astros. Plus, its easy for us to say suspend the players, but their is however, a union that would be involved. I am sure Manford thought hard about doing that.

Yanks were thoroughly investigated and it was pretty much something really silly and minimal involving someone telling the dugout using the bullpen phone that they changed up their signs. I guess that is technically using technology and that is why it was a story. in reality - HUGE nothingburger.

Yanks were thoroughly investigated and it was pretty much something really silly and minimal involving someone telling the dugout using the bullpen phone that they changed up their signs. I guess that is technically using technology and that is why it was a story. in reality - HUGE nothingburger.
I hear you. I didnt elaborate because several articles said Yanks and Dodgers for 3 years did something, but it never said what it was. Plus, I think it was for the 3 years before, the Commissioner sent a letter to ever team to stop it. Astros and Sox, never stopped. Matter of fact, it came out the the Astros GM never even showed that letter to his manager, or anyone else.