MLB cheating scandal

Now you're just being silly.
None of them apologized except Corea.
I guess I'll just wait until Jake Marisnick shows up in Mets camp and see what that cheating dirt bag has to say considering he was a hitter and was directly benefiting from the Beltran cheating scam.
J.D. Davis too.
Well, they both did apologize. You must have missed that.

Loved the comments by Bellinger the other day about this. Altuve robbed Judge of the MVP in '17, the Dodgers of the World Series, and thinks the lack of any punishment for players is a joke.

When big name players are throwing out comments like this you can imagine how the rest of the league feels. Terrible performance by the Astros on their media day, they had weeks to prepare statements and Jim Crane can't even articulate what they are apologizing for.

Lot of chin music coming their way in 2020.
I agree.

Altuve's Home/Away splits don't show much in the way of evidence that he participated. With that said I still hold him with great suspension based on his walkoff against Chapman and inability to strongly state that he in no way used buzzers at any point in time.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Altuve's Home/Away splits don't show much in the way of evidence that he participated. With that said I still hold him with great suspension based on his walkoff against Chapman and inability to strongly state that he in no way used buzzers at any point in time.
I think the difference in splits show up more in a player who sucks like Marisnick. Altuve had always been a good hitter, even before 2017.
That said, knowing when to lay off a pitch ahead of time or knowing a fastball is coming and you can cheat on it by starting your swing sooner certainly is an advantage.

I honestly think MLB didn't want to find out about the buzzers but the media isn't going to let this go. Someone is going to figure out how to make them confess or get someone to rat.

I agree. He has a new story now, he had a tattoo half finished and didn't want people to see a half fin tattoo, ripping off his shirt. He fucking cheated. One Astro player said, they still had to hit the ball... What a dick. If Judge, Stanton, Alfonso knew a fastball was coming, they would each hit 70 home runs.

pokler

Power Bottom
I agree. He has a new story now, he had a tattoo half finished and didn't want people to see a half fin tattoo, ripping off his shirt. He fucking cheated. One Astro player said, they still had to hit the ball... What a dick. If Judge, Stanton, Alfonso knew a fastball was coming, they would each hit 70 home runs.
Hmm .. the best Astro sluggers knew a fast ball was coming. Did any of them hit 70 ? Or 60? Or 50?

Not sure why the fuck from most seemingly intelligent guys(2 of which I've had the pleasure of meeting)
This did not need to devolve into NOR is it a METS v YANKEES issue whatsoever.

Complete dissertation coming forthwith.

But Preemptively answer these questions:
1. Has anyone here ever gotten a speeding Ticket?
2. Do you believe that when someone clearly breaks the rules that a collective group has agreed to abide by, that they should be punished?
3. Do you think that it is more important to "be Right" than to Solve a Problem?
4. Do you think that something like the HOF in any sport is clearly the Very Highest Honor(not to be confused with accomplishment) an athlete could achieve in said sport?
5. Now that we are all older have we learned that we were probably more rigid & generally unwavering in listening to other point of views when we were young? Where as now although we may find it hard to break lifelong habits, we actually have more tolerance & tend to be more willing to at least listen to altering viewpoints than most young people are now.(especially liberal ones)
6. Understand the logic as to why being in possession of Stolen property is a Crime, even though you did Not steal the TV
Just the facts:
1. Did the Astros clearly cheat & break the rules?
2. Did Pete Rose Clearly bet on Baseball?
3. Did the Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers..most teams use technology in sign stealing over the past few years?
4. Does sign stealing significantly help the batter?
The next batter
when he now has a runner on base in front of him?
less significantly but Without Question Helps
Every Batter in the lineup
when the opposing starter gets run outta the game early because of either runs produced or high pitch count from all the takes & walks(since the guys cheating also know which pitches to take for balls)?
The Pitcher who now may have a 5-1 lead early and can pitch more aggressively, Against opposing hitters who are now possibly altering their approach because they are behind, gets wins even when he has a bad 3-4 run outing.
The Manager who's decision making is clearly easier based on the advantage of a lead or knowing the chances that his team will More Certainly have a big inning at some point.
The entire Organization from the Water boy to the vendors, coaches & scouts as when the team Prospers & has more $$ flowing due to Wins, Attendance, Endorsements & Accolades
Finally to the Fans who get to enjoy Lifetime Moments that other Fans may never have.

Keeping all that in mind. My next post will explain what I believe should have & should/could still be done. & it's got nothing to do with the Yankees or Mets