metellier

What would you like to see?

• We need him to post even more than he used to

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • His posts were fine as is/were

Votes: 14 12.6%
  • I was getting a little tired of it, he needed to back off a little

Votes: 22 19.8%
  • He needed to learn when to STFU and cut back a lot.

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • A post or two every once in a while wouldn't be too bad.

Votes: 10 9.0%
  • Ban his sorry ass

Votes: 29 26.1%

• Total voters
Um, I've been gone the last couple of days, what has Met' done recently to deserve this treatment?!??

I personally liked his posts and thought most of them were incredibly FUNNY and really enjoyed reading them. I know he was banned twice before did he break the rules yet again!???!?

Inquiring minds would like to know...

Thanks in advance...

I don't follow the spa boards, so I don't read many of his posts. The posts I have read seem acceptable to me. I've seen worse from other posters on this board. If he annoys you, put him on your ignore list.

I am not sure about what all the fuss is about. A great part of the reason I visit this site is the characters here. There are so many colorful people here it is amazing. After reading some threads on this board I walk away thinking that the Utopiaguide (UG) must have some of the funniest miscreants I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Due to this board my television watching is virtually nil. Believe it or not, UG is more valuable to me for its entertainment content than it is as a hobby review board. My point is I get my best entertainment here on UG.

Like selecting which television channel to watch, I can pick which threads to read on UG. I very much appreciate the quality control offered by the all-powerful moderator (APM), and consider his work as analogous to that of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on this board. Standards for quality need to be maintained. However, like television programming, things seem to be the most interesting when they push the boundaries of what is acceptable- my example being the original not ready for prime time players of Saturday Night Live (SNL). Recently on UG I found Michel to be fulfilling the same role, or purpose as the renegade television program that stretches the limits of what is commonly acceptable, in this sub culture of a message board. I quite frankly would chuckle whenever he digressed!!! It was such an inside joke on this board.

Sometimes I had the patience to read Michel’s posts. Other times I found his posts insufferable and just irritating, and wished he would make his point already. When encountering annoying posts by Michel I would gloss over them and move on. Although I do feel that his prodigious output needed some curbing at times. I never took his body of work seriously, as I do not take most things on this board seriously. Although, I did recently fall in love and take very seriously Candies’ newest pictures- but I digress. I vote for keeping guys like Michel, Ozzie and the like on this board. If they are willing to understand that there are limits to what they can and cannot do here. They ad some much needed variety to the dialogue and drama of this board. Besides they provide me with my daily UG soap opera.

Regards

Pop

Last edited:
Originally posted by popeye
I am not sure about what all the fuss is about. A great part of the reason I visit this site is the characters here. There are so many colorful people here it is amazing. After reading some threads on this board I walk away thinking that the Utopiaguide (UG) must have some of the funniest miscreants I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Pop
He is definitely a character that adds a lot of color to this board. I find some of his posts very funny, some just funny and some ramble on a bit. Its all free. For those who find his posts just unbearable, there is an easy option on the board called ignore (I've never tried it) and his posts will disappear from the board.

Last edited:
Met, the Madonna of UG

Whether many of his comments are funny or not, the concern seems to be that he doesnt know how to control himself and STFU.

He may be considered by some a pioneer stretching the limits of irreverence, but again, this is Slink's board and met may inadvertently or maliciously cause shit to come down on Slink.

Example: Suppose Met begins to stretch his creative fiction by doing a fictitious review of some nonprovider nonhobbying girl he does not like (whether she jilted him or just rubbed him the wrong way). He posts her number and a great fictitious review of how she is the best damn provider for the $ (cheap $) then in the next few days she begins receiving dozens, if not hundreds, of phone calls from UG members, lurkers, and friends of UG members and lurkers.

She becomes distressed. Maybe she lives at home with her mother and father. Soon they have to change their phone number to stop all the harassing phone calls, and they get wind of this message board. Call LE, call Slinky, Call the FCC, etc., etc.

Get the picture?

For those of you who don't think it could happen, similar types of situations have happened here on the board in the past.

The objective is to know when doing something goes too far, and I can understand if Mr. Bender does not want to risk that.

metellier

Two time offender
46 out of your most recent 126...

Originally posted by mydesign
Whether many of his comments are funny or not, the concern seems to be that he doesnt know how to control himself and STFU.
He may be considered by some a pioneer stretching the limits of irreverence, but again, this is Slink's board and met may inadvertently or maliciously cause shit to come down on Slink. The objective is to know when doing something goes too far, and I can understand if Mr. Bender does not want to risk that.
...posts have been about me...(just do a search and there it is...)
perhaps you may want to consider
"how to control himself and STFU." What are you gonna do if I stop
posting or get banned as per this kangaroo poll? Write 1/3 of your posts about someone else...methinks thou doth protesteth too much, Mydesign
and need to get a new obsession...
BTW...kicking a man when you think he's down...how cute.

As regards the above insinuation re: malicious posting of false reviews...
I've never done it and never will... this is a red herring allegation stemming from my refusal to give phone numbers for UTR providers that Slinky pulled out of his hat when he got flustered about getting caught divulging
one-on-one electronic communications without prior permission...but I
forgive him for this...he has to maintain law and order on these Boards...
you, however, are a coward and beyond redemption.

Michel "I know Mydesign will respond to this...he just can't help himself" Etellier

PS. Can hardly wait till they run a poll on you.

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
Current poll results filtered for "regular spa board posters":

We need him to post even more than he used to: 3

His posts were fine as is/were: 2

I was getting a little tired of it, he needed to back off a little: 15

He needed to learn when to STFU and cut back a lot: 13

A post or two every once in a while wouldn't be too bad: 5

Ban his sorry ass: 21

Originally posted by twopiece
Ban might be a little too strong or premature.

I've taken a liking to his european wit.
European......uh.....he's Canadian........as much as the Canucks would like to think they're "European"......their still in North America.....

OH-NO, I think Met is offering me 46 BJs...

Originally posted by metellier
Re: :O 46 out of your most recent 126...

...posts have been about me...(just do a search and there it is...)

Hahahahaha,

You actually took the time to search the past 126 of my posts to see how many were about YOU?

Just proves my point that you like attention and seek it on this board.

Suggestion: get a life.

Hahahaha :p

perhaps you may want to consider
"how to control himself and STFU." What are you gonna do if I stop
posting or get banned as per this kangaroo poll? Write 1/3 of your posts about someone else...methinks thou doth protesteth too much, Mydesign
and need to get a new obsession...
...coming from the loser who searched the past 126 of my posts...Who is obsessed with who?

What am I gonna do? Post about the same things in my prior 1200 or more posts before you came along.

MY"Why is it the losers always think the polls were fixed"DESIGN

BTW...kicking a man when you think he's down...how cute.
Coming from the Metellier calling the kettle black.

Perhaps you need to post another letter from the emperor, because your retorts are becoming L-A-M-E.

As regards the above insinuation re: malicious posting of false reviews...
I've never done it and never will...
Hey Met, when you get caught make sure to DENY, DENY,DENY.

Just like those letters from the emperor were all true, right? and the stuff on E-Bay was really on E-Bay? All these posts, I might add, were all posted around the same time frame...

And phone numbers for UTR? Hahahahahahaha.
ANy half frog knows that no phone number needs to be posted, most of the posts here do not include phone information. Yet most can all be found discretely with a search of prior threads or a valid cross street (sans address) so a cement pounder with time can check it out and verify.

this is a red herring allegation stemming from my refusal to give phone numbers for UTR providers that Slinky pulled out of his hat when he got flustered about getting caught divulging
one-on-one electronic communications without prior permission

Met, who cannot even get his facts straight (but I digress)...

Slink first brought out allegations of your false reviews in answer to TeeDuke, who was the one that first told everyone that you told him (so I guess it was you who first started the allegation) that Slink and staff were in contact with you.

Let me check.....

... Yup, right here: http://www.utopiaguide.com/forums/t14439.html

Let see: TeeD said:
Then I found out. He told me that he’s been getting backchanneled by—of all people— the guys who run UG, Slinky and his staff. (And all this time I thought it was just Slinky and Allen at the controls. What’d they do, hire a bunch of college interns?)

...then two posts later, Slink:

Fourthly, metellier was banned and reinstated twice. We didn't even have to do it once. yes, he was told to stop being so combative with other posters. And then he continued. We banned one of the guys who he was fighting with a few months back for not stopping when we told both of them to "cool it". Then he decided that he was going to take just about every thread on this board off topic by posting nonsense. Now, I'm the last guy to condemn jokes. But there's a line, and he clearly crossed it. Then, he started posting "reviews" which were just plain fabrications. He crossed the line and when we told him to cool it he decided that he didn't want to post anymore if he couldn't yell fire in a crowded theater. That was his choice. But now it seems as if he's decided to be a whining little bitch and try to get his friends to cry on his behalf. Well boo hoo.

Whining little bitches should get their facts straight before making stuff up... it is easy to check and reaffirm he is a liar.

but I
forgive him for this...he has to maintain law and order on these Boards...

...Whining little bitches should stop thinking they are important...

you, however, are a coward and beyond redemption.
Hahahaha,
Oh, no whining little lying bitch metellier called me a coward. Because I....because I....he didn't say...
Boohoo.

Michel "I know Mydesign will respond to this...he just can't help himself" Etellier
This is about the only thing whining little bitchllier was right about.

PS. Can hardly wait till they run a poll on you.

As I said before, I'm not attention seeking like some whining little bitches....

...however, I suggested before, start your own board (call it: "whining little bitchia guide"), then you can poll me until you cum all over your keyboard.

Originally posted by slinkybender
Current poll results filtered for "regular spa board posters":

We need him to post even more than he used to: 3

His posts were fine as is/were: 2

I was getting a little tired of it, he needed to back off a little: 15

He needed to learn when to STFU and cut back a lot: 13

A post or two every once in a while wouldn't be too bad: 5

Ban his sorry ass: 21

Interesting, I bet Met is the one who is constantly reposting "guest" results.

Metellier is ok...

He does need to cool it a little, but he is still ok. He could post a little more on actual nooky though. I think the rule should be at least 50% of your posts are on snapper, no more than 50% of your posts knocking heads with fellow ug'ers...

metellier

Two time offender
Question...

Originally posted by haamx
Mydesign, knock it off man, this is not about you...
...and that's what's killing him, my dear Haamx...and you, too little
Haamx...

Originally posted by mydesign
Good point.......but I always post like this...
Dear Slinky & Staff,

Monsieur Mydesign's got 18 lies (can't call them mistakes as the intent
is clear) in the posts he made on this thread alone...
(claims he always posts like this, I see)...most directed at me...
some at others...interesting...definitely the all-time record
....but I digress and he disgusts...

Is this pebble in my shoe an example of the kind of posters and
posts you want us to ignore?

Michel "Pavlov! Ring that bell! Mydesign will respond shortly sure as
night follows day" Etellier

Three...two...one...

...BLASTOFF!

Originally posted by haamx
Mydesign, knock it off man, this is not about you...

...and that's what's killing him, my dear Haamx...and you, too little
Haamx...

Haha.
Met, I must really bother you because your comebacks are reallll LAME (but I digress, like a not half inebriated pseudo wannabee half frog).

Dear Slinky & Staff,

Monsieur Mydesign's got 18 lies (can't call them mistakes as the intent
is clear) in the posts he made on this thread alone...
(claims he always posts like this, I see)...most directed at me...
some at others...interesting...definitely the all-time record
....but I digress and he disgusts...

Crying to daddy because you can't handle my words?

Since I began posting, I have called out questionable reviews and posters that smell like shills and liars, I won't stop because one of the posters who smells like a shill or liar begins whining that I am not being fair.

Before you appeal to the APM (not AMP, I got it right this time, froggie), you should clean up your own act and come to court with "clean hands".

To wit:
1) Stop inciting fellow posters
2) Stop insulting the APM
3) Stop accusing the APM of fixing polls
4) Stop hijacking threads to post unverifiable, suspicious reviews of outlandish situations that are likely fiction
5) Stop asking hobbiests, in the same hijacked reviews, to go forth and disturb non-hobby related businesses to attempt to rifle out potential ...but likely nonexistent... providers of a certain ethnic background (lets face it, there are no asian gypsy fortune tellers because people expect crystal ball-rubbing fortune tellers to be of east european background)
6) Stop egging naive hobbiests on so that they create new threads devoted to the potential ...but likely nonexistent... providers.

This board is meant to inform and assist. When you realize that some board members may rely to their detriment on a suspicious, unverifiable review, you may think it's funny, but it harms the hobby more than it humors you.

Is this pebble in my shoe an example of the kind of posters and
posts you want us to ignore?
Have I hurt your feelings soooo bad that you actually give me the vaulted title of "pebble in your shoe"?

Let's do a comparison:

Mydesign = poster who doesn't back down from posters who insult him, looks out for fellow hobbiests and does not hype outlandish scenarios or information that can cause a shit-load of grief to everyone.

vs.

Metellier = poster who insults everyone to be funny and may think it is funny to make up fictitious situations in an attempt to get other posters to do legwork in farfetched scenarios, which may get everyone involved - except for Met - in trouble...

MY"I won't admit that I'm starting to miss Ozzie"DESIGN