LI Bust

That’s what I’m saying. I was there this week as well, I usually wait several days to post my review, but I was concerned if it was a bust I could’ve been seen leaving the place by LE

From the article:
The Smithtown Building Department Inspector deemed the unit unsafe for business and posted an announcement on the front door for electrical code violations.

Many times what I see is that there are extension cords plugged into extension cords so there is electric available to each of the "rooms".

Once I saw that they had an outlet w/o an outlet cover plate. I pointed it out to the mama-san and made a writing motion like I was writing a ticket and shook my head "no"
She thanked me for the info and the next time I went there was a cover plate.

Its stupid to get the building locked up and fined for some ridiculous violation.

From the article:
The Smithtown Building Department Inspector deemed the unit unsafe for business and posted an announcement on the front door for electrical code violations.

Many times what I see is that there are extension cords plugged into extension cords so there is electric available to each of the "rooms".

Once I saw that they had an outlet w/o an outlet cover plate. I pointed it out to the mama-san and made a writing motion like I was writing a ticket and shook my head "no"

Its stupid to get the building locked up and fined for some ridiculous violation.
A lot of people don't know any better.
extension cords plugged into heaters, toaster ovens etc is a no no too

From the article:

Same thing for making sure the fire extinguishers are inspected every year.

If there’s an electrical violation or not, they will find a reason to shut the shop down. It’s much easier than trying to go after the “illegal” business, when they only have 1 employee with charges.
they can also post signage to discourage mongers who show up after the fact

If there’s an electrical violation or not, they will find a reason to shut the shop down. It’s much easier than trying to go after the “illegal” business, when they only have 1 employee with charges.
they can also post signage to discourage mongers who show up after the fact
The problem isn't a reason to shut the shop down — the problem is have a dozen or more chicken shit, but expensive violations that need to be rectified and paid for before being able to reopen.

Some towns require operator to carry certain professions licenses to keep doors open and that absence of technical training is the violation in of itself
Agreed. But the tactic being used is to bring a Building Department Inspector along with the raiding LE to find technical building code violations e.g., cascading extension cords, out of date fire extinguishes, burned out bulb on the exit signs, etc., as an excuse to board up the building as unsafe when they know very well if such extensive inspection enforcement was done on any of a town's businesses every one would have some violation.

Can you imagine closing down a Home Depot store because of some chicken shit violation?

Imagine if someone was driving to work one morning and the the cops stopping him for having a stop light bulb burned out, slap a sticker on the car for being unsafe and call a tow truck to tow it to the pound.

this is essentially the ruse they are using to shut these places down.

Agreed. But the tactic being used is to bring a Building Department Inspector along with the raiding LE to find technical building code violations e.g., cascading extension cords, out of date fire extinguishes, burned out bulb on the exit signs, etc., as an excuse to board up the building as unsafe when they know very well if such extensive inspection enforcement was done on any of a town's businesses every one would have some violation.

Can you imagine closing down a Home Depot store because of some chicken shit violation?

Imagine if someone was driving to work one morning and the the cops stopping him for having a stop light bulb burned out, slap a sticker on the car for being unsafe and call a tow truck to tow it to the pound.

this is essentially the ruse they are using to shut these places down.
Large retailers have been desensitized to the annual violation fine as a cost of doing business. Some AMPs/Spas/locations operate on very slim margins that forced prices to go up. House fees go to: rent, utilities, etc. AMPs need at least 75 peoples to visit. LMP that charge 160, 80 only goes to the talent. One AMP owner said once, "store will continue but very annoying buying license and paying fine."