LI Bust

Most SC make over 200k highly overpaid. Highly. A few things got us there. Until late 60 early 70s police were not particularly well paid and few unions with little power. After Taylor law things changed. With more departments unionizing a deal was given to police and fire for binding arbitration and from there the sky was the limit. No other unions got this and it is the key to their bloated salary. So if highway robbery taxes to pay for police helps you sleep at night so be it. With the rate of gun ownership on Long Island I bet they could get rid of half the force with negligible results
Starting Salary $42,000* annually, increasing incrementally to $155,693 after eleven and half (11.5) years of service. *Under 2019 labor agreement. Benefits.

Starting Salary $42,000* annually, increasing incrementally to $155,693 after eleven and half (11.5) years of service. *Under 2019 labor agreement. Benefits.
Newest contract for SOA with 15 yrs sergeant and above will start at 200k. Seems they needed an update because the patrolmen were making more than the bosses.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Very broad statements for three professions, 2 of those 3 probably have a less then 5% of the bad kind.
It wasn't meant as an indictment of the three professions.

But those type of personalities are drawn to where they can find victims.

I have a lot of friends that are teachers or cops. All are normal guys that don't fit into the category I described.
But the situation exists and I'd say higher than 5% in cops and clergy.

If I only knew then what I know now..
Lifetime benefits
Pension
Sigh…
I remember back in the 70's having a discussion with a teacher who was complaining that NYC garbage collection employees had a higher starting salary than teachers.
I said to her, "well there are openings - why don't you apply"
she indignantly replied "I don't want to be a garbage collector!"

It wasn't meant as an indictment of the three professions.

But those type of personalities are drawn to where they can find victims.

I have a lot of friends that are teachers or cops. All are normal guys that don't fit into the category I described.
But the situation exists and I'd say higher than 5% in cops and clergy.
No priest friends Billy? Lol

I would say in 70s and 80s definitely over 5%, everyone is soft now, even dirty cops. Lol

I remember back in the 70's having a discussion with a teacher who was complaining that NYC garbage collection employees had a higher starting salary than teachers.
I took the test ( PD) in the 80’s.. I was called but went in another direction—

Plenty of what if’s, but I wonder where a LE career would have left me in the world of hobbying…

Otoh, I know some whose uniform attracted just about every female nationality back in the day

And the best OT in the city, double time! Everyone else is time and a half.

I took the test ( PD) in the 80’s.. I was called but went in another direction—

Plenty of what if’s, but I wonder where a LE career would have left me in the world of hobbying…

Otoh, I know some whose uniform attracted just about every female nationality back in the day
Count your lucky stars. Retired at 45 inflation eating into that pension twenty years later so you had to get second job for your third wife and Alimony still biting your ass

Another closed. Island Breeze Foot Spa, 1842 East Jericho Turnpike, Dix Hills
The pace seems to be slowing, but the purge is continuing.
Scoped out this place and reported it's closing a few months back:
Island Breeze Foot Spa, 1842 East Jericho Turnpike, Huntington - 631-493-0200 | UtopiaGuide
Then, Amp-Man sought the expert advice from the pros found here:
How Long would one wait before entering an Amp that was Re-opened after it was Shut Down? | UtopiaGuide

Amp-Man noticed the reopening of this establishment, and was contemplating a venture, but you say it's closed.
If it's closed by LE, we usually see some sort of press release; right?

Perhaps, it closed for lack of business.
If you pass by again, see if there is a white piece of paper on the door that reads: NOTICE
That will be the answer.

Scoped out this place and reported it's closing a few months back:
Island Breeze Foot Spa, 1842 East Jericho Turnpike, Huntington - 631-493-0200 | UtopiaGuide
Then, Amp-Man sought the expert advice from the pros found here:
How Long would one wait before entering an Amp that was Re-opened after it was Shut Down? | UtopiaGuide

Amp-Man noticed the reopening of this establishment, and was contemplating a venture, but you say it's closed.
If it's closed by LE, we usually see some sort of press release; right?

Perhaps, it closed for lack of business.
If you pass by again, see if there is a white piece of paper on the door that reads: NOTICE
That will be the answer.
All my reports of AMP closings come from SCPD press releases. This one was released yesterday. I do not put the link because the MODs don't want a link to LE website from UG. But here is the link to a news site

https://www.longisland.com/news/06-22-22/two-women-arrested-in-massage-parlor-raid-in-dix-hills.html