LI Bust

I'm curious what issues a poor john who gets caught up in an AMP raid might face from LE. Can anyone point me to a thread/post regarding this? I've searched but am either incompetent, or a dult. Perhaps both. Appreciate it.

I'm curious what issues a poor john who gets caught up in an AMP raid might face from LE. Can anyone point me to a thread/post regarding this? I've searched but am either incompetent, or a dult. Perhaps both. Appreciate it.
I don't understand. Sometimes I over do it at the gym or with yard work and I treat myself to a massage at a place in town. It really helps when they massage the sore muscles in my back.

The fact that some unscrupulous places want to offer illegal activities is simply shocking to me and I'm actually happy that LE is closely monitoring these places to protect me.

Thank God we live in a country where if some unsuspecting person happens to be getting what he thinks is a perfectly legitimate massage in a place that is being raided he can simply say to the officer doing the raid exactly why he is there.

I don't understand. Sometimes I over do it at the gym or with yard work and I treat myself to a massage at a place in town. It really helps when they massage the sore muscles in my back.

The fact that some unscrupulous places want to offer illegal activities is simply shocking to me and I'm actually happy that LE is closely monitoring these places to protect me.

Thank God we live in a country where if some unsuspecting person happens to be getting what he thinks is a perfectly legitimate massage in a place that is being raided he can simply say to the officer doing the raid exactly why he is there.
That is why I keep my underware close by just in case a raid happens I can slip on quickly lay back down....Then I play the innocent one....

All the press releases and news articles regarding AMP raids only mention the providers, not the customers. Without a witness to an actual transaction of money for services, all LE knows for certain is that a massage took place, and the provider did not have a license.

Walk in on a provider and customer engaged in sexual activity? Maybe it was a kinky thing they both agreed to with no money exchanged.

LE in FLA tried to get around that by placing hidden cameras in an AMP. They convinced a judge that human trafficking was going on and they needed the hidden cameras. They arrested all the customers and charged them for paying for sex.

The defense attorneys convinced a judge that the cameras were an invasion of privacy. The key fact here was that there were a small number of customers who never engaged in paying for sex and only received a massage. They were never charged, but their privacy was compromised. The judge agreed and all the videos from the hidden cameras were thrown out. With no witness to the exchange of money for sex, all charges were dismissed, and the providers were charged with massage without a license. Took me a lot of digging to find out the results. The papers were all over the initial arrests but never followed up. Took almost a year for the final disposition.

Stings are always in one direction. Either the customer is undercover LE, or the provider is. That way there is a witness who can testify to the events of the crime.

All that being said. I hope that if I am ever caught in an AMP during a raid I would have the confidence and quick thinking displayed by @genius.

Just points to think about:

I go to a lot of places that openly state what services they offer e.g., my MD - medical services, hair cutter- cuts hair, 7-11 clerk sells beer, automobile NYS inspection place - inspects cars, foot and back massage places perform foot and body massages.

When I go to my MD, I do not check to see his medical licence; when I go to my hair cutter I do not check to see her licence; when I buy a six pack of beer at 7-11 I do not check to see his license to sell beer; I do not check to see their licence when I go to get my car inspected; when I go to a place that offers massage I do not check to see their licences .

I pay a lot of taxes to government agencies to protect me from unscrupulous people who wish to defraud the public by performing services w/o being properly licenced.

It's not my problem to do their job.