How Long would one wait before entering an Amp that was Re-opened after it was Shut Down?

Amp-Man has noticed some 'Activity' of late resulting in Closures
of Establishments that may be worthy of a sampling (Especially in Western Suffolk).

Is there any consensus on how long after the Re-opening of an Establishment,
it is generally safe for a visit ?

billyS

Reign of Terror
Amp-man should be careful visiting a place that is closed down by LE then all of the sudden reopens.

I don't have time to dig out the thread but I had a bad experience at a place in East Meadow that was busted and reopened.
Long story short, the pigs were waiting for me when I arrived.

The have been many stings all over the country that featured AMPs that were closed by LE and then re-opened "under new management". LE looks to capitalize on the fact that not everyone was aware the place was closed down. I think there were links to articles about this posted here at UG.

I have seen AMPs change names, change owners, close temporarily (no LE notice on door) then re-open. Maybe other mongers know differently, but I have never seen an AMP closed by LE that then re-opened later. What AMP owner would want to pick a location that was targeted by LE?

Amp-Man has noticed some 'Activity' of late resulting in Closures
of Establishments that may be worthy of a sampling (Especially in Western Suffolk).

Is there any consensus on how long after the Re-opening of an Establishment,
it is generally safe for a visit ?
Amp Man should expand his search for "different" spots to visit and report back his findings.
There is a treasure trove of info on this site, in particular Western Suffolk.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Thank you, brothers.
Amp-Man will sit on the side-lines for these places.
I don't mind TOFTT, but Amp-Man looks terrible in Orange.
@Amp-Man - to follow up on my post from this morning this is my post about a place in East Meadow called Queen Bee that I had about 3 or 4 good sessions at, most reviewed on UG and then they were busted. They reopened a few days later under a new name.

Here is my review

https://utopiaguide.pl/forums/index.php?threads/billy-almost-busted-at-kyoto.6635/#post-83075

@Amp-Man - to follow up on my post from this morning this is my post about a place in East Meadow called Queen Bee that I had about 3 or 4 good sessions at, most reviewed on UG and then they were busted. They reopened a few days later under a new name.

Here is my review

https://utopiaguide.pl/forums/index.php?threads/billy-almost-busted-at-kyoto.6635/#post-83075
Thanks for the read. Wow must have been a different time finding adds in Newsday. Those are collector items now. I have to ask though, why is it that every article I read about a bust it’s always “there women arrested for operating without a license”. Never do I see, 40 year old from East Meadow arrested for soliciting”?

@billyS review was about an AMP that was closed by LE, re-opened by a new owner who did not get the message and was closed again by LE.

Here is an article about LE closing down an AMP, and then running it for a few hours to catch some clients.
https://www.lapdonline.org/newsroom/sting-operation-conducted-at-west-valley-massage-parlor/

Here is an article about LE setting up their own AMP and placing ads on line.
https://ktar.com/story/4452317/nearly-50-suspects-caught-in-phoenix-prostitution-sting/

Long way of saying . . . . . Once an AMP closes, never ever go back to that location. :)

billyS

Reign of Terror
Thanks for the read. Wow must have been a different time finding adds in Newsday. Those are collector items now. I have to ask though, why is it that every article I read about a bust it’s always “there women arrested for operating without a license”. Never do I see, 40 year old from East Meadow arrested for soliciting”?
Massage without a license is a felony, soliciting is a misdemeanor.

I wonder why massage without a license is classified as a felony, but a ‘body rub’ is not?
There are many professions in NY that require a license. Licensing in NY is a very big business. The institutions and organizations responsible for licensing want to keep the money flowing. Practicing any licensed profession in NY without a license is a felony.

A friend of mine was an actual licensed massage therapist from CA. She told me how expensive it was to get licensed in NY. An out of state license was not good enough. She still had to pay for classes and other things.

I wonder, if prostitution is ever decriminalized will the AMPs remove the word massage from their store fronts and openly advertise? After all massage without a license will be still be felony but prostitution will not be enforced.

@billyS review was about an AMP that was closed by LE, re-opened by a new owner who did not get the message and was closed again by LE.

Here is an article about LE closing down an AMP, and then running it for a few hours to catch some clients.
https://www.lapdonline.org/newsroom/sting-operation-conducted-at-west-valley-massage-parlor/

Here is an article about LE setting up their own AMP and placing ads on line.
https://ktar.com/story/4452317/nearly-50-suspects-caught-in-phoenix-prostitution-sting/

Long way of saying . . . . . Once an AMP closes, never ever go back to that location. :)
But are there instances of Johns getting jammed up on Long Island?

But are there instances of Johns getting jammed up on Long Island?
There was that huge "Flush The Johns" operation that Rice headed a few years back. I thought there was a thread about it on here, I know it was discussed at length. I was looking for it but could not find it.

Bottom line is never return to the scene of a crime, if a known amp got raided I wouldn't go if I was paid too.

billyS

Reign of Terror
How can a John be charged and what charge? Just going for a massage? Doesn't the provider usually just use hand jesters? The john just nods?
They will charge you with soliciting a prostitute and put your name and picture I'm the paper.
Then it's up to you to spend thousands of dollars on a lawyer to clear it all up but by that time your reputation is ruined, you lost your job, house, marriage. And of course Newday which put your arrest close to the front of the paper will never run a story on how you were really innocent