How Long would one wait before entering an Amp that was Re-opened after it was Shut Down?

They will charge you with soliciting a prostitute and put your name and picture I'm the paper.
Then it's up to you to spend thousands of dollars on a lawyer to clear it all up but by that time your reputation is ruined, you lost your job, house, marriage. And of course Newday which put your arrest close to the front of the paper will never run a story on how you were really innocent
Always amazed me these small towns and municipalities get away with putting your picture in public when you’re presumed innocent.

From the latest rash of AMP shutdowns, LE does not seem to care about the customers. They are focusing on the biggest weapon they have. “Practicing a profession without a license”, which is a felony and shutting down the AMP due to fire / building code violations.

After the mess in Florida, where a judge threw out all of the charges against all the customers, LE knows without an undercover provider it is difficult to charge a customer.

Much easier with an undercover customer. If the provider has no license and providers any type of massage, body rub, etc, it’s a felony. Asking for money? Prostitution. Touching without asking? Sex abuse.

The latest AMP closing did not even feature charges of prostitution, just the massage without a license charge.

I think this topic deserves to be brought back.

It appears that many of the recent raids did not result in the AMP being closed. The only action that occurred was that the providers got arrested and the owner was issued a few violations. But the violations were not enough to shut down the business. The AMP did not re-open. Technically it never closed.

This seems to be a new phase. Maybe the AMP owners are getting wise and correcting all the code violations in an effort to stay open.

So, the question becomes, “How soon after a raid would you visit an AMP?”. I did visit and review two re-opened AMPS that were raided and closed for a few months. But I am not sure how I feel about going to one that was raided but never closed. If "community complaints" were the driving factor for the raid, wouldn't they be more vocal when they see the AMP was never closed?

Would LE begin a campaign of regular visits to check for massage licenses? If they can't close the AMP, maybe they can scare off the workers.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I think this topic deserves to be brought back.

It appears that many of the recent raids did not result in the AMP being closed. The only action that occurred was that the providers got arrested and the owner was issued a few violations. But the violations were not enough to shut down the business. The AMP did not re-open. Technically it never closed.

This seems to be a new phase. Maybe the AMP owners are getting wise and correcting all the code violations in an effort to stay open.

So, the question becomes, “How soon after a raid would you visit an AMP?”. I did visit and review two re-opened AMPS that were raided and closed for a few months. But I am not sure how I feel about going to one that was raided but never closed. If "community complaints" were the driving factor for the raid, wouldn't they be more vocal when they see the AMP was never closed?

Would LE begin a campaign of regular visits to check for massage licenses? If they can't close the AMP, maybe they can scare off the workers.
Did the places that never really closed, still offer extras?

The place in Centereach was raided and yet mongers are still reviewing about extras. A recent place that was raided but not closed sent me a text informing me that they were still open, but I have not visited after the raid.

The place in Centereach was raided and yet mongers are still reviewing about extras. A recent place that was raided but not closed sent me a text informing me that they were still open, but I have not visited after the raid.
I’d be very Leary. LE getting a second collar on one charged for prostitution I suspect gets charged with a felony I suspect. Maybe some monger here in UG knows the law?

BTW, they don't have to offer extras for the workers to get arrested; they only have to offer massage if they do not have a massage license (unauthorized practice, a felony whereas prostitution is a misdemeanor).

Also, are they even arresting anyone anymore for nonviolent felonies, no less nonviolent misdemeanors?

Amp-man should be careful visiting a place that is closed down by LE then all of the sudden reopens.

I don't have time to dig out the thread but I had a bad experience at a place in East Meadow that was busted and reopened.
Long story short, the pigs were waiting for me when I arrived.
once closed I never go back

This might sound cold hearted, but there is no downside for the owner to keep the AMP open. It’s the providers who are taking the risk. They are the ones that will get arrested. The owner will get some building code violations. If they are minor enough, they can remain open after fixing the problems.

There is a law for practicing a profession without a license. Is there a law for hiring someone to perform such a profession without a license? I doubt it. Even if there was, the owner can claim that the providers are independent contractors. That they are simply renting the room, the way some hair stylist rents a chair at a salon.

With some AMPs remaining open after a raid, it makes me wonder what the next step LE will be taking.