LI Bust

782 Hempstead Tpk is up and running less than 24 hrs after being raided. I don't think this is a sting as they gave the press release that they had busted the place. I think that the boss just filled the place with new girls and it is business as usual.

I met a lady in Coram who was arrested for drug sales as part of this police effort to "clean up" the area. The lady sometimes sells sex and sometimes uses drugs. She does not sell drugs.

Last edited:
Suffolk cops: Five johns arrested

Newsday.com staff
4:57 PM EST, November 5, 2008

Five men who police said were soliciting prostitutes were arrested in Bay Shore Wednesday afternoon, officials said.

One of the men arrested, *********** of Bay Shore, is 70 years old, according to Suffolk County police. Another, ******** of Bay Shore, is 78.

The men were caught in a police sting operation, Suffolk police said. Police were tipped off by neighborhood complaints of prostitution activity.

The other three men arrested were ********, 33, of Brentwood, *******, 36, of Bay Shore, and ******, 36, of Copiague.

The man are being held on charges of patronizing a prostitute and will be arraigned in Central Islip, police said.

I starred out the names, they are named in the newspaper. I'm not comfortable outing anyone.

I'm 71, and I am on my way to Bayshore to get some of that water. God bless those guys. In fact, he already has.......................and me too.
Ck glad up above was wwatching out for you!
Ck how did you learn of where the water was for sale. Was it on CL or how did you know where to go & how were you lucky enough to avoid it? very glad to hear you did though. I hadn't seen this post yesterday & was just abouttostart a new thread to post it.
Search feature is really good. "sting" brought me right here!

2 more places got busted this weekend
Mineola and Franklin Square
Stories in ND

Mineola got nailed for illegal massage. I guess LE didn't get what they came looking for.

Both busts happened on a Sunday so I guess the vice squad needed more OT. But this also throws out the heavy pressure during election time. Time to head back to Queens

Last edited:
Both busts happened on a Sunday so I guess the vice squad needed more OT. But this also throws out the heavy pressure during election time. Time to head back to Queens

Coming from family of LE and a lot of friends that are LE, the whole election thing is a myth.
The same people who believe that also believe that LE gets extra $ for each ticket they write.

I do not believe things like the election or the ticket payment things. However, I do believe that people are set up. I think arrests are made with the belief "if they did not do this, they did something else." I also think that it is easier arresting people who "look" guilty and cannot afford good defense.

Coming from family of LE and a lot of friends that are LE, the whole election thing is a myth.
The same people who believe that also believe that LE gets extra $ for each ticket they write.
Of course they don't get extra money for every ticket written. However, isn't there some recognition of their performance? Not exactly quotas but would officers who write more tickets be recognized as showing initiative? Or am I operating under false assumptions?

So, not to seem dense but arrests of easy targets don't increase in the weeks prior to an election?

Arrests of easy (or easy to set up) targets tend to be ongoing. They do not make anyone safer, but give the impression of doing things.
Of course, that's a given. That's why one might conclude these would increase: prior to election day or after neighbor complaints. A politically-correct way to appear to be dealing with illegal immigration is to raid AMPs/KMPs.

This was posted on another board and wanted to bring it here for you guys to see. For your own personal safety DO NOT go to the Coliseum Inn for any circumstances. After a little checking myself there does seem to be some basis for the heads up. Did not want to start a whole new thread for it but figured I would post it here. To my knowledge there has not been any situation to date but a warning is a warning so do with it as you will.

Happy hunting Rabbits and be safe