JAG is host of new Julie's web site - JAG is not Consumer Reports anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Stated!

Danny NJ recently posted the following about this issue:

Julie's has LONG been the most popular Agency in NYC from
what I can see, and I doubt that any one poster could be
responsible for that single handedly. Julie got where she is
from providing reliable, fairly priced service and taking good
care of her customers.

I would have to state that from my few visits to her establishment-that this was exactly true. And I do not think it was because I was a Gold Member of UG or a JAG Member. Shit-I did not even belong to UG or JAG when I first visited Julies. Possibly we should just come to grips with the fact that Julies runs a good establishment. You get good service-and the price is certainly right.

Additionally Danny posted:

Whether or not she has "shills" on JAG would only get her so far and eventually the truth would come out (if the place was no good). Obviously, that's not the case.

Again-this is quite true. I first visited Julies based on reviews that I read on TBD. Later I visited Julies based on some reviews that I had discovered right here on UG. In fact-it was right here-many months ago-that somebody claimed that if I enjoyed Cecilia's oral talents at Nicole Rio's-then I would be even more impressed with Elanya's at Julies Place.

And finally Danny wrote:

JAG and UG are both useful resources.

Danny-once again, I could not agree with you more.

A Quick Response

Honestly-my Board time for the day is running out. I have other things to deal with this evening. Life certainly does exist outside of the hobby. That is what makes a hobby quite enjoyable, since it is only a small portion of your life. Sort of like playing golf, bowling, swimming, or shooting hoops-no? All and all, some of the information gathered today from the Boards was very interesting-and somewhat informative. Just a couple of things:

Phantom posted the following to a question that I raised about his former JAG Handle:

No, I wasn't. Since you have access to JAG's member boards
you should have no problem finding out the screen name I
used there.

If you would rather not share that handle with me-frankly, I am not going to waste my time looking for it. It really is not that important to me.

However, once again-different handles/names-on different Boards. Just my opinion-and no more. It seems to me-that guys like Danny, Bill Furniture, Hombre, I think even Slinky, and myself-have the same screen names/handles on all of the Boards. Makes it sort of right upfront and personal. Either you like what we say-or you don't. However, you know exactly who is stating what they are stating. Take the Kudos or take the Shit-either way-you know who we are.

The Phantom went on to post:

Admission to and maintainence of a membership to Utopia Guide is not based upon posting reviews, while it is at JAG. Whether those reviews are truthful and honest is the subject of another thread.

Maybe I missed something here-but I thought that this had to do with a well known UG or JAG Guy posting something very positive about a provider-and then the girl going on those laurels to provide poor service to guys in the future. What that has to do with admission fee's to a Board-leaves me clueless. But then again-you have been known to leave me clueless on a few things! If I missed the point that you were trying to make-I do apologize.

Re: A Quick Response

Originally posted by RoosterC74
It really is not that important to me..........

However, once again-different handles/names-on different Boards....

So why'd you ask? When I started posting on UG I stopped posting on the JAG member board. Different board, different screen name. I'm not the only one who changed their screen name when they came to UG, there are others.

Last edited:
i'll anser all these points quick....

He claims to get certain things subsequent visitors do not get..... yep, like dating Julies sister.

I don't really care who gets what from whom so long as I get the straight poop.... you didn't get the "straight poop" with Taylor ......did you?

Candide was "outed" as "Miss JAG" ??? ..... that's was posted on jag by "hombre" (is he reliable enough for you?)

Haven't seen any of those. And have no reason to believe it's true. Although, as stated above, April is one lady that posts a link to her site with some frequency and I don't see those posts/links deleted. Perhaps that is why the accusations are made ?

LG...those comments about April are in her "april watch" thread, i believe they're posted by the author of that thread. I think it was something like “UG posts fake reviews for april (clpc)” as for her links.....there's a problem with the UG software that keeps putting her "signature" (a blue link) on the bottom of her posts (even after it was turned off). i think every time allen works on the board it resets or something (maybe sb or allen can explain this feature). secondly sb has posted this in the past, but UG advertisers will sometimes get cut some slack when it comes to spam posts or posting a link.

also, if you notice it's not even the correct link (to aprils elite) and instead links to clpc which is no longer run by april.

the most over-reviewed agency on the boards (julies).
Ozzy-once again you are entitled to your opinion-but this is only your opinion.....
it's by far the most reviewed entity on the boards...(thus over reviewed in my opinion)

Could her agency possibly be over-reviewed in your terms-because it is the most used in the city at this point in time?..... I can assure you with 100% certainty that, that's not the case.
"episodes" for example does 5 times the traffic as julies on any given day or night, and anyone who's been to both will agree. i've been there with tank and no less than a dozen others waiting in line (well actually i didn't have to wait). so julies isn't close to being the most used agency and yet her reviews out number the nearest entity by at least 10-1....this is why i state julies is "over reviewed"

An example being-that a never heard of provider here in UG-provides a top-notch service to one of the better respected UG Guys-and thus then the rest of the scenario you painted takes place. Could take place in here also-no?..... very possibly, however.... if I or carl m or even the rooster were to receive special or discounted services from a provider in exchange for a positive mention or review...that only makes us a shill (why ozzy doesn't say who he is nor post reviews). However, if it is the board op who's receiving that service and misleading his readers thru a different name then it's deceitful on his part and it makes the board he operates a bit less than honest.

And as for all of the other statements about Slinky and April being in bed together, and on and on and on-who really cares?..... just a point that someone should mind their own yard and not be concerned about someone else's. it's also a point that jag wants april and UG to go bye- bye for the good of their business (Julies).

I doubt that any one poster could be responsible for that
single handedly.....
how about a single board? a single board that is run by perhaps a single person who posts as several different posters. a single board that IS solely responsible for a certain agencies rise to the top of the internet world.

It's been said many times here that "all the good posters on JAG are long gone". Well that may be true in some people's eyes but not in all. Yes, I also miss Mr P. and many of the others who added a lot of info BUT there are still people posting whose opinions I value such as Rooster, Bill Furniture, Hombre Secreto, etc..... well only hombre was there before. here's a question? ever wonder why all these great jag members left? it wasn't when jag went pay-site because you know most were still there after that change over and some with lifetime memberships that were canceled due to them voicing their opinions or questions about the above.

Look i could care less about who's getting "taken in" over at jag. from the list of members that danny just posted you would think i would enjoy watching all of them get mis-lead or "taken in" (not that THEY have). it's just that when someone claims this shit is going on over here, i just like to set the record straight..... this is rufus's war not mine. i'm just helping him out by stating the facts.

note: the reason i changed my name was simply because i grew tired with the one i had (it's not like i tried to hide behind a new name). i attempted to change it on jag but i was forbidden from doing that by MM. his post telling me not to change my name is still there....just do a search for "Ozzy" on jag.

Last edited:

justme

homo economicus
If you search the JAG threads you'll see that I went ballistic every time it was reprted that 'someone' breached the common JAG trust. That is, we all trusted each other to be honest in out motives and (reasonably) secretive about the site. Personally, I'd never wage the crusade thar RM is waging, but it does piss me off that the biggest betrayers of that mutual trust were the people running the board to begin with.

But really, who cares? UG has almost all of the posters that made JAG so 'great'* and I haven't seen many original thoughts on the topic of commercial sex in close to a year. In all honesty, I wonder if many of us would still pull up these boards if we didn't have some affinity for posters whose thoughts we've been reading for several years.

* - you know, every time I read 'DFK' i chuckle remembering how facetiously that expression was first used.

(Oh, if JAG starts encapsulating member's board posts and publishing them to the public at large as has been suggested lately, then I will be very pissed)

Last edited:

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
Sorry to disrupt the "flow" of the thread with a tangent, but anyone who thinks that the amount of reviews or talk on "the boards" bears any relationship to the amount of business done by the various houses/agencies/etc. has very little concept of the business as a whole as it actually runs. Many of the busiest houses are rarely if ever even mentioned on the boards, and some fairly busy places are just plain unknown to the internet. For some bizarre reason, places which are in the neighborhood of $200 and hour are amazingly over-represented on the boards, with much less talk than action for places both above and below that amount.

Many years ago, and many miles away in another part of the country.....Golf was only for the rich and lazy. But the common man wanted to play as well. One day, I found some land which an old farmer had let grow fallow. We talked about golf and what a great game it was. I took care of his house and property for a while, and one day he told me if I wanted to use some of the land for golf, he would give it to me. I started to build a course for the common man. Seeing me tending the fields, some other "common man" golfers aided me, and wouldn't you know it....we built one of the best damn courses around. There were no greens fees, and everyone who couldn't afford to join a country club was welcome. All you had to do was help maintain the course - you took your turn being the greenskeeper and your turn being the player - everyone was equal ( except the rich guys, who had their own clubs, and were not welcome ). After a while, I had the reputation of having the finest golf course around. The rich guys wanted to play, but we didn't let them in, because we had our rules ( player/keepers only ).

One day, I came to realise that my life had changed, and that I really couldn't do justice to keeping the management of the course up to what it should be. So, i soke with one of the members who had expressed an interest in keeping th ecourse up. We talked about what the "common values" were that those in the "club" shared. I trusted he would keep my vision of the club alive, and he promised that he would live up to the standards I had set, and that I would alsways have a home at my beloved club.

Well, at first things seemd to go very well. He promoted the club, and it grew with lots of new members. People from all over seemed to hear about our little club. But then, one day, he said "I'm spending a lot of money on grass seed, and we're going to have to start charging for memberships now". Now, I knew from my own experience what it cost to run the place, and that our members did most of the work, etc, and the numbers didn't seem to make sense to me. But I trusted him and fealt if things had changed, he would treat everyone fairly and was only doing what was necessary for the good of the course.

Soon, I heard members telling tales of how guys who never tended the course were playing, and they were complaining that guy from Calloway Golff were seen playing. they also complained that the new head greeenskeeper who I had handed the riegns over to seemed to have a new set of Calloway Clubs. I always knew he liked Calloway, and I told them he had just bought the clubs because he liked them, and that they were imagining things. but some of the guys saw him hanging out at local watering holes with the guys from Calloway after work, and one or two guys said that they actually saw him taking envelopes from them. these guys brought this up at one of the club meetings, and they were thrown out of the club. I didn't feel comfortable with this, but I still trusted him, so I let it slide.

Then, one day I found out that his treaurer at the club was actually on Calloway's payroll. This really disturbed me. I also found out that Calloway guys had been playing at the club regularly, and being given preferred tee times over regular members. I also started to notice that Calloway products were getting special mentions at all the club meetings, and that competitors were getting bad notices.

I finally decided that something needed to be said, so I stood up at one of the club meetings. Next thing I know, I'm out on the street and my "lifetime" membership has been revoked. The club which I built is now taken over, and the promises whch were made to me as a condition of turning the club over have been broker. Within a few months, all my friends who were still members are gone - either booted or quit. I see a constant stream of advertising now for the club, with the sales pitch that it's a club for the common man, free of undue influence from "steering committees" and commercial interests. I'm sure there are plenty of guys who see these ads believe what they read, and hand over their hard earned dollars, based at least in part on the Legend of Bagger Vance and the common man's club which he created. I feel bad for these guys, because they are being taken in.

Now, I hear Calloway is leasing the vacant lot next to the course for a large amount of money from my old buddy, and has put up a billbaord on it facing the 18th hole.

When I tell this story, people say "Bagger, why do you care ? You don't know no one who plays ther no more !". Well, I care for several reasons:

Firstly, I care because something was taken from me. The club I built, and which was promised to me would be run the way I started it, has been stolen buy someone who runs if for his own personal gain.

Secondly, I care because guys are being lied to and taken in. I don't care so much about the old time members who were around for the whole thing, who may or may not believe, or care, about what happened. But I do care about the new guys, who not only spend their membership dues unnecesarily, but also spend money on Calloway products which they aren't being told the truth about. Now, Calloways stuff is good....maybe great...but if they are buying it because of dishonest ( i.e. paid for ) reviews, they are being taken in nevertheless ( and if they complain about thier purchase, they are getting pressured to cut it out ).

Thirdly, I care because it pains me to see what I built sullied. Ask anyone who rides Harleys how they feel about the AMF days, or pick anything else which was once great and has been cheapened to make a quick buck.

But I also care because my name has been dragged thruogh the mud. After I was expelled, malicious lies were told about me in order to cover up why I was really shown the door. I don't see why I have to sit still for that, and I don't see why I have to sit still while my baby is prostituted out. In fact, since the promises which were made to me as a condition of turning the club over were broken.....how about I just take it back and run it the way it was always intended ?

Rufus, in reality you are free to do exactly that if you wish.

Take it back. There is no legitimate claim on the name "John's Action Guide" or "JAG". If you wanted you could even call it, "The New JAG".

Do it exactly the way you like.

You could do that. To be honest, anyone of us could do it.

What would be able to be done? File a writ? Sue?

Not likely, given the nature of the material covered.

The thing is.... why would you WANT to?

Allen and Slinky might mack a nickle over the bottom line after a lot of sweat and dealing with nonsense over UG. If that.

JAG, the way you want to see it, is a lot of work and a negative cash flow. Small, if you keep it small. Bigger if you allow it to grow to the size of a UG or ***.

I am a JAG "life member". I know that means I could be booted out tomorrow, no matter how much I donated back when membership simply cost two reviews a month.

I know what JAG is, and I know what it isn't. The new JAG is certainly not the old JAG. Still, its a resource, and I never simply throw resources away for the hell of it. I get some good info out of JAG from time to time out of people like CharlieSheen75, even Phantom and Little Guy.

Yes, the new guys are clueless as to what JAG was, but they ought to know what it is now. Unless they are totally without a clue, that is. So, don't fret for them as much as you do. They are paying their dollar because they want to and they think they are getting their money's worth. Those that don't leave soon enough, cancelling their subscriptions.

When all is said and done, as I have said a number of times before this, we are speaking about whoreboards. We should all have many things we care a lot more about.

Rufus, I have read your posts for ages. We have exchanged ideas and I respect your intellect and your humanity. I will say, because of that respect, that if it reaches the point where a whoreboard [even one you ran for a period of time] becomes that important to you, its time to check yourself. There has to be a few priorities you've missed.

Bagger Rufus, take it back and do it the way you want, or let it go. This other stuff has got to be bad for the blood pressure. :)

Last edited:
Originally posted by Thorn
I know what JAG is, and I know what it isn't. The new JAG is certainly not the old JAG. Still, its a resource, and I never simply throw resources away for the hell of it. I get some good info out of JAG from time to time out of people like CharlieSheen75, even Phantom and Little Guy.

Haven't posted on the JAG member board since very early 2000. If there is someone posting there as "Phantom" or the screen name I used there it is absolutly, not on your life, me!

I am on the road and can't even begin to respond to most of the above...

(Thorn...I didn't make the bagger vance post so am not sure what your recent post refers to in the "you could do that" part...actually I've only skimmed most of the above...)

PULL FOCUS

This is really simple folks...

We now have objective evidence anyone can confirm for themselves that MC/MM/JohnB is providing support services to Julies. This has *never* been about Julies. But JAG has steadfastly refused to admit to supply side ties of any kind. And many of us know they've had numerous ties...this is just the most recent and proveable one.

I am not saying JAG or other boards should or shouldn't have ties to providers. All I am saying is that if they do, MC/MM/JohnB shouldn't lie and say they don't.

I am also saying if MC/MM/JohnB lies about this, folks should be very suspect of the things MC/MM/JohnB says about those who try to bring out the truth of the matter.

MC/MM/JohnB has said some particularly nasty and UNTRUE things about *me personally*.

What does Rufus want? A retraction and an apology from MC/MM/JohnB.

What does Rufus expect? Nothing...from MC/MM/JohnB. But I hope that 3rd parties can now judge for themselves whose word they can trust.

Originally posted by slinkybender
Can Saints be impeached ?
Not precisely. There is, however, a rather gruesome procedure set forth in the heretofore secret protocols of the Fifth Lateran Council at which I personally advised the Vatican. Involves tying off the anus of the spiritual body of the saint in question, a live skinning and recylcling of the nasty bits into plasticene marital aids.

Saints whose reputations are in question are loathe to stand still for this procedure and willingly pay exorbitant fees to the hordes of disreputable canon lawyers specializing in this type of defense work.

Last edited:
First of all, it's Callaway, not Calloway.

Secondly, Rufus, whether you're "Bagger" or not, and I have not reason to believe you are (since you said you're not), I think you should just take Thorn's advice. Do it again YOUR way, or let it go.

Bet you know this one.....

God grant me.....

the Serenity to accept things I cannot change.

The Courage to change the things I can.

and the Wisdom to know the difference.

AND this one......

Do what ya gotta do........

L' Chaim (<--- Did I spell that right ?)

Last edited:
"For some bizarre reason, places which are in the neighborhood of $200 and hour are amazingly over-represented on the boards, with much less talk than action for places both above and below that amount."

Slink,

Not sure I'd call it bizarre. Actually, maybe it makes quite a bit of sense.

The lower priced places (a la Episodes) seem to have more trouble with LE and perhaps the people that frequent them intentionally lie low (to lower the possibility of LE finding their sources).

Much higher than that price point ($200-$300) is, I'm guessing, a place where the majority of the posters around here don't frequent, or at least frequent less frequently (Boy, I'm using the word "frequent" awfully frequently. OK, I'll stop)
Additionally, other than Ms Hunter, there are no females here that I know of that post representing a higher price point.

Just guessing. Have no statistics to back it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.