• Arrested once and not publicized

Votes: 13 2.7%
  • Arrested more than once and publicized

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Arrested more than once and not publicized

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Been caught up in a bust and let go once

Votes: 59 12.3%
  • Been caught up in a bust and let go more than once.

Votes: 12 2.5%
  • Never any of the above

Votes: 384 80.3%

• Total voters
Busted & let go

TC123 said:
I was involved in one bust and was let go. It was many years ago at the Harmony. All guys were let go except for maybe one or 2 that the cops may have caught in the act of doing something.

The cops frisked every guy on the way out. I was younger and thinner then, and I had come straight from work and was wearing by best suit, sharp shirt and tie, and as I was waiting on line to be frisked, it dawned on me that I was a lot better dressed than 99% of the guys there that night, and that might make me stand out. When it was my turn, the cop doing the frisking looked at me and said "What the fuck are you doing here? Is this the best you could do?" He hadn't said that to anyone else. He looked like he was waiting for an answer, but I feared that any answer I gave could get me in trouble. I just sort of shrugged, put my head down and walked out.

It shook me up. Kept me out of the hobby for at least a week.

Had an experience exactly like tc123's, but it couldn't have been the same raid, since it was a Sunday afternoon, not after work. It was at Harmony on 22nd Street. I was in the mensroom, putting on a rubber, when I heard commotion and some sgt yelling this was a raid. There was one customer being busted, hands against the wall and then cuffed. All the rest of the customers were frisked, made to stand around for ten minutes or so, then we were all called a bunch of degenerates and told to get the hell out of there.

Like tc123, I stayed away for a week or two.

jruder
jruder

pjorourke

Thinks he's Caesar's Wife
I notice that all of the stories* in this tread involve AMP's or SW's -- no independents or agency outcalls. I wonder if, based on the theory of "no free lunch", this is part of the rationale for higher prices in that end of the market -- lower risk of arrest.

Last edited:
And one time at an incall, I couldn't get through on the phone so I just decided to show up and ring the bell. I get there and everything is wide open. I'm looking around wondering what happened. I go back outside and see there are some cops walking around and the place has obviously been busted. These weren't uniform cops, they were wearing their badges on a chain and they were talking to some of the girls. I quietly walked away consisdering myself lucky not to be caught in that. But I have a question. This happened several years ago and this place is still open. I don't see them advertise anymore but they do take appointments if you have a member number.
So did LE just bust them that one time and leave them alone? I thought that once they were on to you, they would continue until you closed down or moved? You think this place is safe?

"Safe" is a relative term. There is an inherent amount of risk in this hobby no matter who or where. The fact that they are keeping a lower profile may make them safER than they would be otherwise, but only in the relative sense. No place is completely safe. Hobby at your own risk.

In Connecticut, many of the AMPs have been busted and are still operating. Why, I don't know.

I know I keep telling this story, but I used to live in the Virginia/DC area when there were many MP's. They were closed down practically overnight. In New Hampshire/Massachusetts the same thing happened. The experience convinced me that the powers that be could do the same if they made up their minds to do it. Since they haven't, I can't shake the feeling there's a certain amount of tolerance for them.

Last edited:
TC123 said:
"Safe" is a relative term. There is an inherent amount of risk in this hobby no matter who or where. The fact that they are keeping a lower profile may make them safER than they would be otherwise, but only in the relative sense. No place is completely safe. Hobby at your own risk.

I understand, but basically I'm wondering if perhaps they are being monitored by le. But the bust was over 2 years ago. Would there be surveillance for such a long time? Is it possible that le didn't get much the first time and wont go back unless they receive a complaint? Or maybe new owners, new deal? Just seems odd to me.

April

Member<br><color=red> First in war, first in peace
Being busted is just a matter of business on the supply side although you'll never to get a supplier to admit it usually. Usually you just close up for the day and it's back to business as usual.

They need a bit more than knowing a place is a brothel...they need a solicitation or a promise of an exchange of money for sex.

About 3 years ago....after being busted two days in a row the police said not to worry they'd be leaving "us" alone for quite a while..........and they did.

If your indulging in this "hobby" for a while your GOING to get busted.....it's just a matter of time. While they might not arrest most of the johns they bust it does happen, more so if you have a position of "status" in this society.

just my experience

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
It also varies tremendously by location.

In NYV, the Johns don't have much to worry about (unless you're in a car picking up a SW).

On LI or in NJ, it's a different matter entirely.

And now to go back to one of my rants:

If a place has been busted 25 times, and keeps the same listed phone number, it's obviously just something that they expect in the business. And for such a place, how could anyone think that its PMB discussion which is their main risk?

Slinky...

At first, I thought that a PMB was a real support for an up and coming bust, but now, I would have to say that this is NOT the case, EXCEPT in the case of obtaining info on a NEW operation, and LE just wants some good background info before making the bust.

But, what is the point of a bust, if they will be back in business again, as seems to be a common practice with many of these "commercial businesses"?

Money paid to the "right" people to look with a blind eye?

Straight ahead,
Capy

slinkybender said:
If a place has been busted 25 times, and keeps the same listed phone number, it's obviously just something that they expect in the business. And for such a place, how could anyone think that its PMB discussion which is their main risk?
Of course it isn't. To think PMB discussion is the problem requires believing that the cops don't know what's going on in the establishment. Nonsense. It takes the cops maybe 24 hours to know what a new place is all about, probably not that long.

OTOH, the cops are generally unable to figure out what $$.50 or "three hundred reasons" means, and they can't understand why Korean girls like Frank Sinatra and Billy Joel music so much. (Is it played on Seoul radio stations?) We're far too clever for them.

As far a corruption goes, that would only help prevent busts. Once the bust happens, it's out of LE's hands. Too many people would have to be involved in fixing something with the DA and the cops for the fix to last. The media would love to get involved. Times have changed. Corruption now seems to take the form of cops becoming stone criminals themselves, like the two NYPD detectives who became hit men.

Here's what I think is going on with many busts:

--Zoning. Open up a place in the wrong (too ritzy) neighborhood or wrong town, you're looking for a bust.

--Who's the owner? They're not spas, but Teddie's and Keystone in Bridgeport got closed down while Pleasant Moments and Bishop's Corner are open. The story I heard was that the owner of both Teddie's and Keystone had pissed off the Man. There's no difference in the services offered at any of them, let me tell you. The point is that the owner can become a target for reasons that don't have anything to do directly with the place that gets busted.

--Activism. If there are crusaders in the neighborhood, the cops can't just do nothing. The political pressure can get to be too much.

--Opportunism. Get an opportunistic or bluenosed DA, off you go.

--Bad actors. If there's been trouble at a place, too much drugs or dealing, of if a place is using slave labor, or double especially there haven't been enough birthdays to go around, that's it.

So, one some level busts become a kind of regulation, a weed whacker to keep the undergrowth under control. The fear busts and the publicity created ("we've got all the pictures and we'll be calling you") keeps the customer base down. PMB boards have never caused a bust. CL postings may have, but most forms of advertising have.

Last edited:
another "theory" (note: no actual proof to back this) could be explained as the catch and release as in fishing. Vice, like any other division i.e. narcotics, street crimes, need to justify their existence through arrests, compstat, etc., and to keep their share of the budget. in these days of budget cuts, and manpower shortages, they have to do more with less. So Vice, having to show some results, maybe are taking the easier route by targeting repeat offenders. Places they already have info on, and priors on are more easily busted rather than having to start a new investigation on a new place, sending in different undercovers, and gathering enough evidence before they can actually bust the place.

It seems to me in all these cases that LE seems to go for bang for the buck. They want multiple arrests. I think the safest method is incall indies. I don't think LE has the budget to justify just arresting one girl. It also appears to be just too much bs for LE to put up a fake website, have an undercover female office pose as an idea and wait for John's to call and show up. When picking up SW's you're just asking to get harrassed. But these are due to neighborhood complaints. Cops have to appear like they're making an effort.

I also don't think you can get arrested simply by picking up a known SW. Hell, she could be your sister or gf. Or nothing to go through. My buddies who frequent the sw scene will often take one around the block then drop her ass off. Either bad attitude or a variety of other reasons.

Wwanderer

Kids, don't try this at home
pjorourke said:
Make that outcall indies. I've heard of incall stings, never an outcall one.
And make that for customers. I have heard of outcall stings against providers...but never customers.

And, if you really want to be safe from busts, just go to some more civilized (in this sense) country and party away without any sort of LE worrries. (Not always a practical option, I know, but it is the safest one.)

-Ww

I've found it's safer and worth is just to pony up a little more dough and go with a quality independent incall girl who works out of her home or apartment. There seems to be no shortage of them in my city. I would imagine an undercover female cop who went through the trouble to get a website (that's how I do my searching) would actually not try to throw too many roadblocks up when I called to make an appointment. And in fact my radar would indeed be up if I called a quality (8+) indie girl who didn't screen the living crap out of me. Most want references. Can't produce them? You're in trouble. So I do indeed feel extremely safe when I contact an indie who puts me through the ringer. This would arguably be the best odds against not getting busted by LE.

And if you really want to be safe and do a little homework just check out the website. For example, if I wanted to check on Callie: http://www.2hot2sexy.com/amateur/callie/ I can just plug in the website info in networksolutions.com and come up with this info: http://www.networksolutions.com/en_...1OQ4CWMEAQSFEY?whoistoken=0&_requestid=380227 This gives me all the contact info for who owns the site (nice to have in case I get ripped off) and also shows me how long the site's been up. You can type in any domain name in here: http://www.networksolutions.com/en_US/whois/index.jhtml and come up with who owns any site on the internet.

Wwanderer

Kids, don't try this at home
johnpet said:
I've found it's safer and worth it just to pony up a little more dough and go with a quality independent incall girl ... This would arguably be the best odds against not getting busted by LE.
I completely agree that paying more and going with a "quality" independent greatly improves your odds; LE targets that part of the market only rather rarely it seems.

However, I'd say that outcall from the same sort of providers is at least marginally safer. This is because LE usually goes to great length to make sure that such stings (which are somewhat risky and relatively expensive in terms of their resources) are 1) as safe as possible for the undercover policewoman posing as a provider and 2) produce as much solid evidence as possible to ensure convictions. This means both having a substantial number of well armed officers very nearby so that they can intervene extremely quickly if needed and having the venue of your meeting, and its vicinity, heavily wired with audio and usually video surveillance gear. Obviously both are very much easier to arrange in a incall sting (against the customer) set-up in which they can make their preparations at their leisure and well in advance, as opposed to an outcall one in which they have to mount the operation on short notice and in an unpredictable location.

Basically, this is the same reason that LE busts upscale indie providers in outcall set-ups; they can pick the place and time and make their preparations in advance...just the opposite applies if they were after the customers.

johnpet said:
And if you really want to be safe and do a little homework just check out the website.
This is an excellent idea (which can equally well be used in checking out your outcall dates, of course), but no one should think it is foolproof. Police undercover work routinely involves producing much more elaborate and extensive misinformation than arranging for a false entry in a domain name registry.

All the above notwithstanding, I think you are extremely safe with the approach you describe...probably safe enough to justify not being seriously concerned about LE.

-Ww

pjorourke said:
Make that outcall indies. I've heard of incall stings, never an outcall one.
I have never heard of an Indie girl getting busted, and by Indie I mean just her in her private apartment. Does this happen? If it does I do not think it happens often unless something else is going on as well.