Freestyle -- anything goes except ad-hominem remarks

The old white bitter man snd religious zealot party will be obsolete if they don't get new younger diverse people interested and judging from their anti choice, discriminatory, cruel and heartless policies they will not. You are too deep in the bubble to see that you support a political party in a steep decline and is scrambling to purge and suppress votes just to exist.

Your reasons for rejoicing are thin and anyone who thinks or has a sense of history sees it's all right wing propaganda. Reform of any significant magnitude never starts off perfectly and it's childish to expect it to, as childish as this silly name change for this thread.
This place has too many old white bitter men and I have learned that you cannot change a closed mind, that is why I don't post much.
There are probably three Republican presidents that the faithful still trumpet when they try to extol the past. Reagan, T. Roosevelt and Lincoln.
Does anyone really think that TR and Lincoln would be Republicans today?? Not on your life.
That is your Grand Old Party gentlemen. Reactionary and full of vitriol and hate.
I take Hussein over them any day, even with recent fuck ups.
And that is classy name calling Steve, using the name Hussein. I expected more from you, not more from the others just you.
But you have let me down :(.

This place has too many old white bitter men and I have learned that you cannot change a closed mind, that is why I don't post much.
There are probably three Republican presidents that the faithful still trumpet when they try to extol the past. Reagan, T. Roosevelt and Lincoln.
Does anyone really think that TR and Lincoln would be Republicans today?? Not on your life.
That is your Grand Old Party gentlemen. Reactionary and full of vitriol and hate.
I take Hussein over them any day, even with recent fuck ups.
And that is classy name calling Steve, using the name Hussein. I expected more from you, not more from the others just you.
But you have let me down :(.
Do you think Kennedy would be a Democrat today???

39 of your brethren just voted for the Republican "keep your plan" bill.

Not looking good Em. Worried?
Your party wants people to have sub standard medical coverage at high premiums and that's considered a victory. I'm not that shallow with childish expectations, I understand a undertaking of one of the most corrupt institutions like American healthcare will take more time to repair. Our healthcare system has been in a downward spiral since the 80's allowing the insurance companies to take advantage of the unfortunate by dumping policies when they actually had a sick policy holder, lifetime caps and other unsavory practices and this is the first time an American president decided to do something about it. This new Republican outrage is about as stupid as people whining about keeping a car that has a deadly defect and spontaneously blows up, they are fighting to keep shitty more expensive plans, I'm worried the Republicans will put the last nail in the coffin for this country out if spite.

W. was a keynote speaker at an end of times religious rally last night. A sect that goal us to covert Jewish people to Christianity so the rapture can come sooner. Your party is just waiting around for an imaginary entity to return and bring the end of the world, they are not mentally competent to make decisions that affect society. They are no different from extremist Islam, they don't believe in an earthly existence and that worries the fuck out if me. Repulicans are not living in a modern reality.

Steve, I know Republicans are so backwards they have convinced themselves all woman do not possess individual thought but I'm not some subservant religious zealot from the bible belt so please stop addressing me like I am one. I expect that kind of stupidity from the other one but I like to give you a little more credit. Do you honestly think something as frivolous as a slow website or another fake Issa created scandal would be enough to persuade me to support a vile political party that hasn't considered me a equal human being since I left the womb?? You seriously think I am that gullible to throw all my beliefs away because some crazy spiteful Republicans want citizens to keep sub standard insurance polices.

Another thing Steve, I believe whatever problems of the AHCA might be having it just exposes even more our truly awful healthcare system. Whenever you go in to solve a big problem the depth of the problem becomes exposed. We now know millions of people have been paying for sub standard insurance policies and these sub standard insurance companies lobbied the never satisfied greedy GOP to fight so they can continue to keep ripping people off. I'm worried for humanity if the Republicans stay relevant. How can rooting for people to keep crap be considered something to rejoice in? Only in the GOP bubble is that even possible.

Do you think Kennedy would be a Democrat today???
Exiled - is that the best you got?
Mmmm,,, let me see,,, just for starters let us look at his youth, cum laude grad from Harvard (as opposed to Bush), war hero (as opposed to the young Bush). Now look at the Presidency - using executive orders and personal appeals to aid the Civil Rights movement , limited Nuclear Test Ban treaty with Russia, forcing steel company price rollbacks, increasing minimum wage, increasing Social Security benefits, started the Peace Corps and passing an urban renewal package.
All these are so non-Republican that your question is pointless. All of these accomplishments would only come under a Democrat. Any Republican today who would support any of his accomplishments would be immediately challenged in the party primary by a Neanderthal Tea Party member.
True he was somewhat hawkish on defense but who wasn't in those days?
He most certainly would be a Democrat now.
So Exiled, now answer my question about TR and Lincoln.
Unless you only answer questions with another question.

Exiled - is that the best you got?
Mmmm,,, let me see,,, just for starters let us look at his youth, cum laude grad from Harvard (as opposed to Bush), war hero (as opposed to the young Bush). Now look at the Presidency - using executive orders and personal appeals to aid the Civil Rights movement , limited Nuclear Test Ban treaty with Russia, forcing steel company price rollbacks, increasing minimum wage, increasing Social Security benefits, started the Peace Corps and passing an urban renewal package.
All these are so non-Republican that your question is pointless. All of these accomplishments would only come under a Democrat. Any Republican today who would support any of his accomplishments would be immediately challenged in the party primary by a Neanderthal Tea Party member.
True he was somewhat hawkish on defense but who wasn't in those days?
He most certainly would be a Democrat now.
So Exiled, now answer my question about TR and Lincoln.
Unless you only answer questions with another question.
Oh, don't worry, I can certainly do better. I just thought something so obvious didn't need explanation but alas I forgot to realize who I was dealing with.

On a few of your points first. Check the roll call for the 1964 Civil Rights Act and see which party opposed it more. In 1962 didn't he decide to resume nuclear testing. Bertrand Russell called him more wicked than Hitler and Linus Pauling called him the greatest enemy of the human race. I also seem to recall a Republican starting something called the SALT Treaty.

Today’s Democratic Party the home of Barack Obama, John Kerry, Nancy Pelosi and Bill DeBlasio wouldn’t give the time of day to Kennedy. Kennedy was a tax cutter, staunch anti communist who wouldn't be caught dead campaigning for De Blasio. He was anything but a big-spending, welfare-state liberal. “I do not believe that Washington should do for the people what they can do for themselves through local and private effort,” his exact words along with and maybe you remember this: Ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your country. That's a complete 180 from the Dems of today.

Leftist Mother Jones Magazine on whether JFK would be a hero today stated "In today’s political environment, a candidate like JFK — a conservative champion of economic growth, tax cuts, limited government, peace through strength — plainly would be a hero. Whether he would be a Democrat is a different matter altogether."

[youtube]I72ZTCO3NOw[/youtube]

How's that for Reaganomics???

And then Tricky Dickhead came along with his Southern strategy and changed the way the South voted.
And what would the roll call be for a Civil Rights Act today?
The House Republicans would be virtually 100% against it, and you know that is true.
Look at what the Supreme Court did for voting rights.
And you just have to love a Tea Partier on UG quoting Bertrand Russell and Linus Pauling,,, oh man, that is way too funny. But you tea baggers will say anything if it suits your purposes.
And of course you still have not answered my original question about TR and Lincoln.

And then Tricky Dickhead came along with his Southern strategy and changed the way the South voted.
And what would the roll call be for a Civil Rights Act today?
The House Republicans would be virtually 100% against it, and you know that is true.
Look at what the Supreme Court did for voting rights.
And you just have to love a Tea Partier on UG quoting Bertrand Russell and Linus Pauling,,, oh man, that is way too funny. But you tea baggers will say anything if it suits your purposes.
And of course you still have not answered my original question about TR and Lincoln.
You're a complete waste of time. I provide facts while you can only come up with conjecture. Why don't you prove to the board that Lincoln and TR were big government tax and spend liberals that were weak on defense. Good luck.

JFK would still be a dem... or he'd try to be. Although the left wing which rules that party would treat JFK much the way they did Leiberman when he leaned just a little bit towards the middle.

Lincoln... he wouldn't even recognize our political parties or system today and after seeing how we do things now, he'd probably blow his own head off.

Teddy Roosevelt would be for neither cause he was a leader not a follower. Although he would probably be a right leaning moderate. The dems are way too pussy for his tastes. Plus he was an avid hunter and outdoors man so he'd probably have an issue with democrats wanting to fight the Second Amendment.

The pubs would probably be split on civil rights issues today only because about half of them are backwards neanderthals, but that's just conjuncture. The indisputable fact is that when the civil rights acts were up for votes (see: H.R. 7152 passed in 1964), it was the democrats who comprised of about 75% of the nay votes.

I am curious what Emily thinks of these 39.
------
I am not curious about what she thinks about the GOP trying to turn ALL WOMEN into broodmares.

I am not curious what she thinks of Darth Reagan creating EMLATA.

I am curious if I will get a straight answer or more grandstanding.

Ask a question; expect an answer. What could be more simple? How this possibly be a partisan approach?

I like Marc Levin. He's good ... but I have quite few books on my shelf. Although Carter was a failed President ... I found his books interesting ... I also loved "Had Enough" by James Carville. There are many Democrats that have somegood ideas and were successful politicians. The liberal media types though are usually such Obama sycophants that I can't stand to listen to them.

I can't stand Rachel Maddow ... she's just a mad lesbian who wants to blame all Republican men for how lonely her pussy is.

Fire away!