Forget Obama, UG has real tax relief in store for you. Party April 15th.

Hey, just like last time, what would help the cause is outcries for a bash from members to the "powers dat be". Funny how everyone has forgotten that. So, here is my official outcry: What up, Slink? Summerbash would be very cool!!

play

I need to make things clear, as much as party talk is good and I blabber, I have nothing to do with the initiation of a party.

Shall we chant, follow me, SLINKY-SLINKY-SLINKY-SLINKY...............................

I would give respect to anyone/group that tried their best to throw a blowout type of party, disaster or not.
I think that anyone who came to the last party, who has any experience with ANY types of parties in NYC, realized that is was the biggest "blow out party" that NYC has seen in about 2 decades.

I think that anyone who came to the last party, who has any experience with ANY types of parties in NYC, realized that is was the biggest "blow out party" that NYC has seen in about 2 decades.
" A good time was had by all " = the understatement of the year.

Sooooo. When's the next one ?

I have to say that the last party had made it up for the many years NYC was in a drought! The party still gives me great memories to think about. So are new memories are gonna be made soon? I will cross my fingers and wait.

Party

SLINKY,SLINKY,SLINKY,SLINKY..........................

WE DO NEED ANOTHER ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The day after the last really sucked for me! A few people know why.

But I need another one to have some big fun.

SLINKY,SLINKY,SLINKY,SLINKY..........................

WE DO NEED ANOTHER ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The day after the last really sucked for me! A few people know why.

But I need another one to have some big fun.
I hope nothing bad happened as the result of the party?

We do not currently have anything planned. Although the party itself was quite amazing, I know slinky was somewhat disappointed by the attendance, and also the lack of cooperation by a lot of the supply side people. I also know he has been disappointed that an awful lot of people expect him to go through gargantuan efforts for these parties (and i think anyone who was at the last party can only guess what it must have taken to pull that off), but when it comes to "Board Loyalties" it seems they feel like UG is no longer a place they wish to be associated with and go post elsewhere.

I know he has told me that he plans on trying to change that by going through some various plans to increase membership and posting, listening to what members want, perhaps changing some rules or forums, but what that will also mean is that he won't have the time to go and organize an event of the kind which HE would be satisfied with. So, until he gets through with whatever it is he is planning to bring in posters and get things back on track, I doubt he is going to be announcing a new event.

I can't say I disagree with him. Personally, I've told him I think he should make the parties "UG only", as opposed to making them open to guys from a bunch of different boards (yes, I know guys post on multiple boards, but when i see a whole bunch of guys posting every day on other places and not here - even though I see they have activity that day - and when I see them post a review on 2 or 3 other boards and not on UG - which means they cut and pasted it at least once, but couldn't be bothered to do the same here - it means to me that they really aren't "UG members" but "UG Users" and I think the parties should be for contributing members. Just my opinion).

Lastly, he heard from a few places complaints about the expansion of the parties to include "alternative lifestyle" stuff. I know I was at both the last events and they were set up in such a way that no one was forced to see anything they didn't want to. And in fact it seemed that guys were specifically gravitating towards that stuff. But then a lot of guys didn't show for the second event, so if including this type of stuff means the parties don't make economic sense because of "phobic" behavior of guys who won't go to the events anymore, it makes it impossible to throw successful events of the type slinky is looking to throw. I would be interested to see how many guys didn't show to the second party this year because of that (and no one should worry about being castigated for having that opinion or not showing; it's more important for us to have the knowledge of what the true dynamic is).

Maybe I am in the minority here, but I prefer calmer more low key events. I miss the old F/Stop - Studio 5 - Tinas (well except for the dumpy part).

Addendum to last post: when I said "the lack of cooperation by a lot of the supply side people" I know that every supply side person who actually did help will get offended because they did help. So, I you helped, that was not directed at you. It was directed at those who made big promises (and those who didn't even do that) and didn't help. There were a few who did a lot (and those deserve thanks). But a lot that did nothing.