Forget Obama, UG has real tax relief in store for you. Party April 15th.

I would be interested to see how many guys didn't show to the second party this year because of that (and no one should worry about being castigated for having that opinion or not showing; it's more important for us to have the knowledge of what the true dynamic is).
That had nothing to do with my not attending the last party; I simply couldn't make it. In fact, at the previous party I thought the way this was handled was very well done.

I missed the last party due to out of state vacation, and the previous due to personal scheduling conflicts. Based on my read of reviews there was some phobia to the alternative component but my overall impression was that it was well received. I personally would have no problem with an alternative component, especially if it was in a separate area where I (or anyone) could leave and return to the "straight" party if it got uncomfortable.

I enjoyed the hell out of the last two parties!

I personally didn't feel overly exposed to the "alternative" situation going on. For me it was there to look at if one chosed to do so.

I understand the logistics nightmare of throwing a party where you need to count on the word of many. Is there any other way?

I wish I had the time to help throw a party, it would be a pleasure. Many of the handles belong to nice, intelligent people that only add to the social aspect of a party, even though many are there for a different reason.

The post by UG staff makes sense. Long live UG.

I hope nothing bad happened as the result of the party?

We do not currently have anything planned. Although the party itself was quite amazing, I know slinky was somewhat disappointed by the attendance, and also the lack of cooperation by a lot of the supply side people. I also know he has been disappointed that an awful lot of people expect him to go through gargantuan efforts for these parties (and i think anyone who was at the last party can only guess what it must have taken to pull that off), but when it comes to "Board Loyalties" it seems they feel like UG is no longer a place they wish to be associated with and go post elsewhere.

I know he has told me that he plans on trying to change that by going through some various plans to increase membership and posting, listening to what members want, perhaps changing some rules or forums, but what that will also mean is that he won't have the time to go and organize an event of the kind which HE would be satisfied with. So, until he gets through with whatever it is he is planning to bring in posters and get things back on track, I doubt he is going to be announcing a new event.

I can't say I disagree with him. Personally, I've told him I think he should make the parties "UG only", as opposed to making them open to guys from a bunch of different boards (yes, I know guys post on multiple boards, but when i see a whole bunch of guys posting every day on other places and not here - even though I see they have activity that day - and when I see them post a review on 2 or 3 other boards and not on UG - which means they cut and pasted it at least once, but couldn't be bothered to do the same here - it means to me that they really aren't "UG members" but "UG Users" and I think the parties should be for contributing members. Just my opinion).

Lastly, he heard from a few places complaints about the expansion of the parties to include "alternative lifestyle" stuff. I know I was at both the last events and they were set up in such a way that no one was forced to see anything they didn't want to. And in fact it seemed that guys were specifically gravitating towards that stuff. But then a lot of guys didn't show for the second event, so if including this type of stuff means the parties don't make economic sense because of "phobic" behavior of guys who won't go to the events anymore, it makes it impossible to throw successful events of the type slinky is looking to throw. I would be interested to see how many guys didn't show to the second party this year because of that (and no one should worry about being castigated for having that opinion or not showing; it's more important for us to have the knowledge of what the true dynamic is).
How many times have I said the same or similar ? When Slinky (and a LOT of other people) got to so much trouble to throw such outrageous parties, there is an obligation to show up. If promises were made to him, there is a serious moral obligation to fulfill same. I know how he feels. I helped set up a M & G back in Feb. ( at which he showed up btw ) and was bitterly disappointed by the poor attendance. The actual hostesses were very gracious and took things in stride far better than I.

As for where people are posting, I think a lot of that has to do with the economy. Providers are looking to expand their client base and hobbyists are looking for the best bang for their buck. Some of us just have fewer experiences to relate.

Personally, the "alternative" types had no appeal to me. It's just NOT my thing. Not that there's anything wrong with it. I know a few guys who were turned off but I don't know if it's going to have any effect on their future attendance. My guess, and it's just a guess, is that a "straighter" party might be more popular and have higher attendance.

Summer parties are tough. My personal suggestion, for whatever it might be worth, is to do a Halloween type thing in late Oct. and then a X-mas/ Holiday party in EARLY Dec.

I enjoyed the last party a great deal. Just meeting Superwoman at the very end of the night made it totally worthwhile, not to mention Monique and her club gals from Stamford. Then there was Blond Alexis! Wow.

I had absolutely no problem with the "alternatives." And they sure attracted a lot of attention - great for voyeurs and the "straight" ladies at the party were fascinated with them.

Slinky throws terrific parties. Bravo,

Chels

To Slinky and all the UG Staff and everyone who put the parties together:

I'm new to the UG board, and attended both parties, and both were great parties !
I really enjoyed both parties - my hats off to all you guys & gals who put it together !

All the ladies were great, Monique and her friends, even the ones who were not working and were just attending a social event.

I had absolutely no problem with the "alternatives" and actually enjoyed getting to know them, and watching their energetic shows and the great attitude and fun they all had (Cynthia, Carolina and a few others) - they were great and a TON of fun ! LOL

Slinky throws awesome parties !

Whatever Slinky has to do he has to do. It is sad to hear when others are posting on other boards and ignoring this one. UG has been a great supply of information for myself and it would be sad to see it go downhill. For the parties well yes I agree more people were at the first one than the second. Maybe it was because of the timing of the two parties being so close together or maybe it is correct that some people didn't like the alt. lifestyle and to that I say get over it! Slinky's parties are always new and fun and bringing the alt. lifestyle adds more flavor to the party. No one was forced and it was a mix bag, and as it was put most of the guests were watching and gravitating towards the alt. rooms. Maybe a smaller party with only the invited might help. As for the help itself, I always believe that you stand by what you say. I volunteered to help and I did, you lose credit if you don't. Hopefully another party will occur in the near future, as for now I stand by UG and hope that this keeps going! Have Fun and Stay Safe! By the way Slinky you throw some of the best parties around hands down!

Just for the sake of providing feedback, the only reaso n I didn't make the last party was money (or my lack thereof). I was at the one before that and I thought it was great. Having the trannies on another floor was perfect - if you weren't interested you just didn't go down there. I can't imagine many people had a problem with them being there.

I can totally see the problems with suppliers not showing up, though. Having providers there is kinda the whole point.

Good questions UG Staff, but you might want to put this up as a new topic if you want a more guys to notice and respond.

I would be surprised if the alt providers at the first party were a cause for lack of attendance at the second party - as mentioned above, they were on a different floor and not so obvious.

I agree that a factor may have been the party timing. I was surprised that the second party happened so soon after the first and had to squeeze my time and monger $ budgets to attend (no regrets! ).

I am somewhat relieved a party isn't happening soon as it would be almost impossible for me to make time to go.

Puzzling why someone would drop UG for another board unless the other board is stronger in an area they are interested in . For example I keep an eye on Best*** because it's more focused in the geographic area I'm in (NNJ). I also keep an eye on ***hunters because that's where much of the suburban MP info has migrated.
Yet I prefer UG and if I have a review worthy experience it'll go here first. I have greater trust in reviews and providers on UG because I think the tougher crowd on UG quickly flushes out frauds.
One note on the ***hunters site. It is particularly effective for MPs because it's format makes it easy to look up reviews by area and particular MP. I recall there was some move on UG along those lines with the review template but I don't know whats happening with that.

I didn't make the last party due to financial reasons, and that is also why I rarely post anything lately. I am guessing that might be the overall theme to many of the problems mentioned. Nobody has any money.

That wouldn't explain why people would post on some of the other boards and not here though.

Only the original and unique reviews are true contributions to UG. A copy and paste review is better than nothing, but not enough.

Of course, no one is under any obligation to be loyal. However, I would prefer the UG crowd asmy target readership, because it is an intelligent crowd, able to appreciate great reviews.

I have no suggestion for the parties, except that I find unbelievable that people engaged in mongering, an activity that is persecuted and looked down by a great part of the American society, could find it in themselves to prejudice and look down at another discriminated lifestyle.

I do have one suggestion regarding the board. Show more respect to the reviewers. Some good and frequent ones seem to feel unappreciated. It is in fact a problem of communication.

We often refrain from writing "haha" or "well done" etc. We just laugh, enjoy or suffer in silence. People who write reviews deserve some feedback. Even if it is a one word post. It helps them understand that they are not talking to themselves.

Of course, we owe them nothing in theory. However, they do a great service to this board and to us too. They save us money, time and unpleasant situations. They are the ones who give life to this board. They serve us (even if they do it for personal reasons or interest).

So just like we jump to post when have doubts and objections on a review let's give some pats on the back and some good words to the authors of reviews that we like. I don't care if 20,000 silent members go to another board. I want those 20 most frequent and more talented reviewers to write unique posts in UG. We can't pay them back with money. Let's pay them some respect by acknowledging their presence.

I agree with what staff says. 75% of my clients are from UG. My business is steady with an even mix of regular friends and new. Many new friends who contact me through Ug always state "although I have been a reader for years, I do not post" nothing wrong with that BUT I am about to somewhat violate my rules and disclose personal convos. Many, more often than not, during session will say how there first prov experience sucked, or how valuable info found here is for when they choose who to see, blah blah blah. There are a lot of takers on this board and very few givers and considering what the information is used for i think that sucks.

How can you use the info here to make good choices yet not share your own info to help people do the same or even worse avoid bad experiences. It always irks me when I see a guy post a bad or good review and than some guy chime in how he saw the same person and had the same experience last year. Shame shame everybody (ok maybe just me;)) knows your name.

Its not like buying a pair of shoes guys, you cant just save your receipt and get a refund. As barney says 'sharing is caring"

On another note some dont post because a lot of crap goes in if one likes and another dislikes. Nobody should have to defend their tastes or price bracket. It is information to use or not use when making a decision not a forum for shoving your own opinions down others throats.

I didn't get to attend the last party for a few reasons, a big part of which was being a little broke at the time. A smaller part was that I am not on the official invite list and I had to pester the hell out of a wonderful board provider to get into the party I attended. I think if I had the invite in my hand it would have been a much tougher decision to make to not go.

For the record, I thought the alternative stuff was cool. In my mind, I wanted a UG party to overwhelm or shock me in some way. While it didn't, turns out I am too pathetically jaded for that, I am happy that party was a bit out there. Now that I am past the nightmares (for the most part) I can even appeciate fucking in Billy's wet spot on the couch.

As for posting reviews, I post from time to time and I never get a reaction to them. I get reactions to some of the silly stories I post and its nice to get them, but unnecessary. Even though I am an unrepentant attention whore, I don't think it is necessary to be validated at every turn. If you post honestly, the board members will know who you are and whether you like it or not, you will be part of this community. I found that out at the party I went to where far more people than I thought were familiar with the things I had written. So, while other than board clutter, I don't see much harm or benefit in back patting for posting reviews.

I didn't get to attend the last party for a few reasons, a big part of which was being a little broke at the time. A smaller part was that I am not on the official invite list and I had to pester the hell out of a wonderful board provider to get into the party I attended. I think if I had the invite in my hand it would have been a much tougher decision to make to not go.

For the record, I thought the alternative stuff was cool. In my mind, I wanted a UG party to overwhelm or shock me in some way. While it didn't, turns out I am too pathetically jaded for that, I am happy that party was a bit out there. Now that I am past the nightmares (for the most part) I can even appeciate fucking in Billy's wet spot on the couch.

As for posting reviews, I post from time to time and I never get a reaction to them. I get reactions to some of the silly stories I post and its nice to get them, but unnecessary. Even though I am an unrepentant attention whore, I don't think it is necessary to be validated at every turn. If you post honestly, the board members will know who you are and whether you like it or not, you will be part of this community. I found that out at the party I went to where far more people than I thought were familiar with the things I had written. So, while other than board clutter, I don't see much harm or benefit in back patting for posting reviews.
Hi Retoxicate, I think that you made some admirable points. I wanted to share that I cannot speak for the other woman of the board but I myself am very aware that this is a gentleman’s board. As history was written-- when the almighty SB first initiated it—there were no women! So with that in mind I understand that we are the minority on this board! From experience I feel that we may not always get the same treatment. Then you have to bring yourself back to reality and remember this is only a board! We all have a life and this is adult entertainment!
As for responses-- part of me feels the same as you when it comes to the responses to what I may have wrote on a thread!
I do not always expect a reaction to some of my silly posts but I do like a reaction from time to time whether good or bad-it just enhances the board and gives something for the people of UG to read! I also had the same experience when I met people at the event and they were like -OH your superwoman-so I guess they may read my feminist posts with dry humor from time to time or they would not have known who I was. Then again they took a look at the butt that god gave me and maybe that is how they knew who I was! HA! I had one guy who said Hi Superwoman without me even turning around! LOL!

ANYWAY--I do wonder what you considered Clutter-no offense but the board is divided up into different sections and each section has its own subject. Again its hard for the girls to post because I am sure that it would be weird if we posted something on the lines of…”Hey did you guys check out the new MP on 1&9 in Elizabeth?" “She is only open during the day time!” Some would wonder-how the hell does she know about that? But then I feel that sometimes people forget that since the Adult World is a small world. We too may be quite informational ourselves but know that if we wrote a review or said something that only a guy is suppose to know—it may be considered inappropriate because it is coming from the prov, especially since this is a guy mongering board! So I just chime in when the hormones tell me to or when something peaks my interest! In conclusion (this is turning into a fuc*** book) my posts may not be as meaty as others but I do my best to contribute when I can. Now I’ll do a quick apology in advance for any of my diarrhea posts or dry humor jokes/clutter and or silly posts. I will say that I do enjoy being a part of this community verse's any other! These are my own opinion’s-again no offense to anyone! Tks…
Have a good day Retoxicate:)
P:S Hello to my little cupcake-you know who you are! LOL!

ANYWAY--I do wonder what you considered Clutter-no offense but the board is divided up into different sections and each section has its own subject. Again its hard for the girls to post because I am sure that it would be weird if we posted something on the lines of…”Hey did you guys check out the new MP on 1&9 in Elizabeth?" “She is only open during the day time!” Some would wonder-how the hell does she know about that? But then I feel that sometimes people forget that since the Adult World is a small world. We too may be quite informational ourselves but know that if we wrote a review or said something that only a guy is suppose to know—it may be considered inappropriate because it is coming from the prov, especially since this is a guy mongering board! So I just chime in when the hormones tell me to or when something peaks my interest! In conclusion (this is turning into a fuc*** book) my posts may not be as meaty as others but I do my best to contribute when I can. Now I’ll do a quick apology in advance for any of my diarrhea posts or dry humor jokes/clutter and or silly posts. I will say that I do enjoy being a part of this community verse's any other! These are my own opinion’s-again no offense to anyone! Tks…
Have a good day Retoxicate:)
P:S Hello to my little cupcake-you know who you are! LOL!
I was responding to marcinny and desi when I referred to the possiblity of clutter. I would think that if every review was followed with a "thanks for posting" post, the board would get cluttered. So, while I understand the impulse to validate posters so that they feel comfortable in posting more, I think it would have unintended consequences.

And llastly, hello to Superwoman's little cupcake. whomever you may be.

For the record, I thought the alternative stuff was cool. In my mind, I wanted a UG party to overwhelm or shock me in some way. While it didn't, turns out I am too pathetically jaded for that, I am happy that party was a bit out there. Now that I am past the nightmares (for the most part) I can even appeciate fucking in Billy's wet spot on the couch..
You really should have gone to the second party.

Although if you saw the 6 TS's gang banging a girl on stage at the first party and it didn't elicit more than a yawn from you, you ARE jaded.

Again its hard for the girls to post because I am sure that it would be weird if we posted something on the lines of…”Hey did you guys check out the new MP on 1&9 in Elizabeth?" “She is only open during the day time!” Some would wonder-how the hell does she know about that? But then I feel that sometimes people forget that since the Adult World is a small world. We too may be quite informational ourselves but know that if we wrote a review or said something that only a guy is suppose to know—it may be considered inappropriate because it is coming from the prov, especially since this is a guy mongering board!
The only time it would be considered inappropriate is if it could be construed as a an posting by proxy for a friend.