food advice please

1 x after soltner . . .

it was ok. i'd rather go to the source. is there a new new guy? (how many iterations?) i forgot: march.

craft is idiotic. when i went there, it was spanking new and only b/c it was around the corner from no. 2's office.

you had to literally mix and match every dish. dessert e.g. a "starch" -- crepe, pain perdu etc. a "topping" -- berries etc. a "sauce" -- caramel etc. a "cream" -- ice, whipped, anglaise. (and there were like 5 of each). i could have gone to gristedes and had an easier time. my head almost exploded. every course was like that. plus they served veggies in little pots . . . i found that to be a turn off. but hey, i was disappointed by taillevant . . . go figure.

i still like that flay boy's restaurants. although the new one never materialized.

gourmand magazine,
hvb

i've never had a bad meal at boca chica, plus i like the lady.

ropa vieija,
hvb

Last edited:
but . . .

same alsatian menu? why do u need a chef-y chef for that. was jamin guy savoy's restaurant? i know there was a gs but i never went there.

i like le dome, (plebian im sorry),
hvb

Last edited:

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
Re: 1 x after soltner . . .

Originally posted by h. von bingen

you had to literally mix and match every dish.
They ended that reasonably quickly, since no one wanted to do that much work for their dinner. I went afterwards, and just didn't really like the food ( too much of which reminded be of stewed old socks ).

Originally posted by h. von bingen

i still like that flay boy's restaurants
I find him so fucking annoying that I try not to eat at any of his spots.

Pre-VIP drinks

Tikki Room

I know its silly but I do get a kick out of asking the cute waitresses to repeat their popular drinks. e.g "Tikki my Tiikki, Tikki my Elmo, Lick my Tikki."

not to mention the incognito section in the back.

Tikki Room

I guess this just means that I'm not as secure in my masculinity/adulthood as I like to think, but there is NO FUCKING WAY I'd even talk to a cocktail waitress about girlie/kiddie drinks like that.

(Sometimes, when I take my Stripper Friends out to dinner, I'm embarrassed even to be sitting at a table with them when I see what kinds of cocktails they order. I guess I'm no Flounder.)

Last edited:
the food did taste bad . . .

but as for flaybaby, i knew him from miracle grill. i'm glad he's doing well. he makes a living so what. ( i get the feeling he's a whoremongerer am i right?)

u know who is REALLY nice (and cute) rocco dispirito. really adorable. and a pretty good chef.

jl:

it just means your a snob. but that's what you've worked your whole life for isn't it?

btw stayed tuned for the really hard question. i have to file with the SEC . . . just sit tight. i knew where gs was, what's the name of that guy who owns jamin? i can't think of it. tell me a good restaurant in venice. not locanda blah blah or harry's.

thanks,
hvb

Isn't that Joel Robuchon (sp)? Am I wrong about that? Isn't he about to open a restaurant in NYC, too?

My favorite restaurant in Venice is some place on an obscure square the name of which I can't remember. I would never be able to write out directions for you. I can't remember what the restaurant's called, but it's owned by a guy named Nereo Volpe. Or something like that.