First Impressions

Any one have any good Steak House recommendations, since pink steak has been a rare commodity of late with the pandemic concerns? I’m sure some are spending their hobby money on beef instead.

Imo Long island restaurants are nothing memorable. I will say I used to like River Bay in Williston Park before they sold it. H20 in Smithtown is decent.

Zans Kosher deli in lake Grove is ok. If still there. Umbertos New Hyde Park is ok. Cuginis in Mineola has good solid pizza. Manhattan steak house in Cedarhurst was one of the best steaks around in Long island. Peter Luger Great neck was pretty good. Years ago when I went.

For me go to Queens or Manhattan for a better dining experience. Meet the meat in Astoria is great, Taverna Kyclades in Astoria for Greek fare, Akrotiri, Matiz Forest hills Spanish fare.

Yup - The pork butt takes the longest time ... I usually would get up like at 3 AM to start. Next time I am going to put it on before I go to bed at lie 11 or 12. It will get done earlier .... I will just wrap it in butcher paper and let it rest in a cooler for a couple of hours.
I wish I had some of your BBQ ! Went to Mighty Quinns in Garden City recently, I can't begin to tell you how awful it was. Terrible!

Ribs had to be sawed off with a knife to attempt to eat them, chewy, salty. Nasty!

Pulled pork was all fatty skin hidden at bottom of the plate with a few pieces on top.

I hate trashing places, but what a disgrace.

I don't get why they would make crappy pulled pork. POrk butt is cheap - trim it properly and smoke it. I think pork butt is my favorite meat to smoke. I like ribs too but I can smoke one pork butt and it is a lot of food. I freeze some and I have enough pulled pork for a long time. The next time I will probably do 2 pork butts. You actually go me thinking about doing that real soon before it gets too cold to go outside!

I wish I had some of your BBQ ! Went to Mighty Quinns in Garden City recently, I can't begin to tell you how awful it was. Terrible!

Ribs had to be sawed off with a knife to attempt to eat them, chewy, salty. Nasty!

Pulled pork was all fatty skin hidden at bottom of the plate with a few pieces on top.

Went to the one in Clifton NJ last year and it was decent.

I don't get why they would make crappy pulled pork. POrk butt is cheap - trim it properly and smoke it. I think pork butt is my favorite meat to smoke. I like ribs too but I can smoke one pork butt and it is a lot of food. I freeze some and I have enough pulled pork for a long time. The next time I will probably do 2 pork butts. You actually go me thinking about doing that real soon before it gets too cold to go outside!
Doing a 20 pound brisket as we speak!!!

Anyone interested in starting a smoker / smoking thread?

Good BBQ in Bed Stuy. You guys need to get out of Longisland