First Impressions

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
?

They have a retail counter that I have used — like forever.

Also from their website as far as home delivery:
"To make this economically possible, we have to have order minimums.
If you live in Farmingdale in the 11735 Zip Code we have a $50 minimum.
All of Nassau County and Western Suffolk County has a $100 minimum.
Out East (North Fork and South Fork, Hamptons) has a $150 order minimum."
They deliver to Manhattan, show up when they are supposed to, get the order right, and will vacuum pack what you ask them to. I am very happy with my chest freezer investment.

Ty
That is Regal Deli.. I have taken out from them some time ago.. Food was just ok.. Boomys which went out of business years ago was good..
Odd that Regal, which has been around forever and still in business, was "just ok", yet , Boomys which "was good" , "went out of business years ago".
Go figure.

Ps. Maybe Regal is the only show in town in an area with a high Jewish population. I fact there is a YMJA just down the road a bit.

Has anyone ever been to Old Fields Restaurant in Greenlawn? I want to take my Father there once things open back up. There's a Grateful Dead themed bar right down the street and he's a big Dead Head. So we would check that out afterwards.

Has anyone ever been to Old Fields Restaurant in Greenlawn? I want to take my Father there once things open back up. There's a Grateful Dead themed bar right down the street and he's a big Dead Head. So we would check that out afterwards.
The grateful dead bar is Beau's Bar. It's more of a shitty cover band bar with dead head memorabilia. Not all cover bands grateful dead. Unfortunately more Phish fans than dead heads.

So I got two ribeyes from Farmingdale Meats .... not bad - the cuts were a little more fatty than I like. I know they are ribeyes ... still .. A bit too much. To be honest - I friggin overcooked one bad the other was decent. The price fair. I am thinking Uncle Guiseppe's premium cuts may be better. They are called "Sterling" . I will give them another shot. Maybe I will get a rack of ribs or a brisket.

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
So I got two ribeyes from Farmingdale Meats .... not bad - the cuts were a little more fatty than I like. I know they are ribeyes ... still .. A bit too much. To be honest - I friggin overcooked one bad the other was decent. The price fair. I am thinking Uncle Guiseppe's premium cuts may be better. They are called "Sterling" . I will give them another shot. Maybe I will get a rack of ribs or a brisket.
They will trim them any way you want you just have to ask.

Went to Lido Kosher Deli this past Saturday and was disappointed.
Previously they had incredible Pastrami, but on Saturday it tasted like supermarket grade.
I asked the friend who had recommended it in the first place and he agreed.
That sucks to hear, always loved their sandwiches!

billyS

Reign of Terror
I’m going to have to check them out for real what was the cost for the sandwich? Can you sit in and dine or is it takeout only still?
Take out only. They have the seating area blocked off so you can only walk in to the counter area mask required.

I think I paid around $13 for pastrami and eggs on a roll and it came with pickles.

They do have a few tables right outside on the sidewalk.

It's encouraging some of you are reporting the pastrami is back to its old excellent self.

I’m going to have to check them out for real what was the cost for the sandwich? Can you sit in and dine or is it takeout only still?
I had pastrami on a club roll and it was $16 and change with 2 pickles. Seating outside and I'm not sure but I think the inside was available for seating spaced apart.