First Impressions

Sophia Belle

Trickle Down Economist
Salt - Merrick

Went there today. When I arrive they tell me there’s an hour wait for 2... Order drinks at the outdoor seating area and wait... 25 mins later, our table is ready... bonus points!! The atmosphere is great... water front seating... accommodating and friendly staff. Really love the atmosphere... I ordered the surf and turf... the lobster was phenomenal... very tender and just cooked to perfection... the filet - sub par at best... kind of disappointed in that... for a $60 meal, I think the filet should have better flavor... the steak sauce to make the steak taste better - just ewww... anyways... I will repeat, however I don’t recommend the steak... even the waitress agreed that their steaks aren’t great. Overall good experience... I will repeat but I will try some of the other really tasty looking things on the menu. 6 drinks, 2 entrees, 1 appetizer... $200 after tip and all

Salt - Merrick
Ugh, imho, that place sucks... just like nearly every waterfront place on LI, I grew up in south Freeport.. Woodcleft has traditionally had bad restaurants...

Salt is just that, crappy food in a nice location, that comes with a built in shitty attitude.. Tried it three times never again

Now a good place on the water is a bit of a trip...Rumba, Hampton Bays

If you want a top notch dining experience...check out
Blackbird Kitchen on Merrick Rd just west of Wantagh Pkwy. For years it was a Bro Bar.. now its really good food and cocktails... beers and wine are top notch too...

Sophia Belle

Trickle Down Economist
Ugh, imho, that place sucks... just like nearly every waterfront place on LI, I grew up in south Freeport.. Woodcleft has traditionally had bad restaurants...

Salt is just that, crappy food in a nice location, that comes with a built in shitty attitude.. Tried it three times never again

Blackbird Kitchen on Merrick Rd just west of Wantagh Pkwy. For years it was a Bro Bar.. now its really good food and cocktails... beers and wine are top notch too...
Definitely one of the worst steaks I’ve had...

I loved the schooner .... just as much for the environment. Used to go there by boat. I really miss that place.

Once they had the hepititus incident I was done with this place
Although this wasn't true with Chipotle (they had instances from 2015-2018 and paid a $25 million criminal fine this year for violating the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act for selling tainted food ), IMHO it is probably safer now with Trento than other restaurants. As far as hepatitis, they only needed one employee with it to taint the food.

Ps $25M is chump change compared to the loss in business they experienced.

Although this wasn't true with Chipotle (they had instances from 2015-2018 and paid a $25 million criminal fine this year for violating the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act for selling tainted food ), IMHO it is probably safer now with Trento than other restaurants. As far as hepatitis, they only needed one employee with it to taint the food.

Smuggler Jacks Restaurant in Massapeeua on the water has good seafood both inside and out with dockside dining.
if they haven’t gone out because of Covid.

157 Forest Ave
Massapequa NY 11758

For those who like Argentine ..
Sur Argentine on Main Street in Huntington...
Their steak and seafood dishes are excellent, very reasonable and service is top notch... The steak platter for 2 serves up 4 types of meat and can feed 3 very hungry peeps.. $66.00.. Sangria is great..
3-4, outdoor tables too

For those who like Argentine ..
Sur Argentine on Main Street in Huntington...
Their steak and seafood dishes are excellent, very reasonable and service is top notch... The steak platter for 2 serves up 4 types of meat and can feed 3 very hungry peeps.. $66.00.. Sangria is great..
3-4, outdoor tables too
Never been there but have been to Cafe Buenos Aires on Wall St (Movie theater end). I don't eat big meals anymore and I really enjoy an assortment of tapas — they have a 5 assortment taps on lunch menu as I recall (been a while).

Completely agree. I won't ever go because of that.

I know this is a basic question but I’m wondering where is the BEST DELI etc to get a great chicken cutlet hero in the Nassau County area? I’ve had a few since shelter in place and none have been mind blowing I need a good sandwich spot that is close by on the shout shore thanks guys.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I know this is a basic question but I’m wondering where is the BEST DELI etc to get a great chicken cutlet hero in the Nassau County area? I’ve had a few since shelter in place and none have been mind blowing I need a good sandwich spot that is close by on the shout shore thanks guys.
Try Atlantic Deli on Atlantic Ave in Freeport. I had the Cutlet Hero once and it was pretty good. All their heros are. My favorite there is the #7, the Champ, turkey, bacon, l&t, choice of cheese and I go with Russian dressing. Their Godfather is also very good.

Try Atlantic Deli on Atlantic Ave in Freeport. I had the Cutlet Hero once and it was pretty good. All their heros are. My favorite there is the #7, the Champ, turkey, bacon, l&t, choice of cheese and I go with Russian dressing. Their Godfather is also very good.
My type of guy this sounds EXACTLY like my tow of sandwich minus the Russian Dressing. I’m more of a honey mustard and mayo type of guy but everything else sounds wonderfully delicious- said like the commercial jingle!