Falling for a Provider

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by justlooking
Some of the preceding posts in this thread made me think about it. And I can say, with no surprise at all, that out of all the prostitutes/strippers/whatever I've hung with, there's maybe one that I would consider spending time with if I weren't having sex with her (or, in the case of some of the strippers, trying to).
Rereading this thread (I HAVE NO LIFE), this post seemed to me to come across a little differently than I intended.

I don't mean to say that I think I'm better than these sex workers, or anything like that. All I'm saying is that with maybe one exception, they're not (as individuals) really people I'd be friends with if I weren't sleeping with them. And I'm talking about women that I have cordial, even "friendly", relationships with -- real Dreamboy territory.

But really, if you took the sex out of it, I wouldn't be there. (Just as if you took the money out of it, they probably wouldn't be there.)

Flounder

Sleeps with the (rest of the) fishes
Originally posted by Mon. Henri Ibid

I'm sure things will get better. Emotions, events and deadlines come and go. It's the nature of things.

If I knew who you were, I'd send you a box of your favorite kind of girl scout cookie (assuming you like them). I sold over 100 boxes for my 8 year old daughter who is a Brownie and gave away another 50 boxes. Still have a nice selection on hand.
Those Animal Treasures cookies are good. They are in a pink box. They had a similar cookie last year that was even better because it was thinner.

The Lemon Cremes are good too.

I don't like any of their classic cookies. I don't like cookies with coconut or raisins or mints and the shortbread tend to taste like sawdust.

pswope

One out of three
Reverse Reaction

Last nite I had a session w/ a lady I've seen about 4 times(she's listed in the Lola thread-on NYC board). We've had a cordial,but strictly commercial relationship (eg never even kissed).

Out of nowhere and I mean nowhere, she starts with real passionate dfk and then says she wants me to have bbfs with her. Then she goes on to say (I'll skip the feelings shit) that she wants me to stop seeing anyone(she said the clerk told her I was there w/ others) but my wife and her.

I lost my erection and was so freaked that I couldn't get it back.
I won't see her again.

Wwanderer

Kids, don't try this at home
Re: Reverse Reaction

Originally posted by pswope
Out of nowhere and I mean nowhere, she starts with real passionate dfk and then says she wants me to have bbfs with her. Then she goes on to say (I'll skip the feelings shit) that she wants me to stop seeing anyone ...
When I saw your subject line, I thought for a moment that you were going to disagree with Flounder's views on Girl Scout cookies!

The two oddest thing, imho, are the "out of nowhere part" and the BBFS part. Are you sure that there have been no previous indications of anything unusual from her that were more subtle and that you might have disregarded? And of course the safety of BBFS does not depend on the couple's feelings for one another or lack thereof; at the very least it suggests that she was not thinking clearly and could be interpreted as an indication of something more sinister or crazy.

Btw, do you have any impression of how long she has been working as a provider and about how old she is.

I guess none of it matters if you are not going back anyway.

-Ww

billyS

Reign of Terror

Last nite I had a session w/ a lady I've seen about 4 times(she's listed in the Lola thread-on NYC board).
You mean Muggsy?

then says she wants me to have bbfs with her.
(I can see Phantoms mind racing, website....contact info)

'Swope, this is a common ploy when a girl wants your steady business. Bare pussy is hard to pass up. You either have a lot of will power or a heavy conceinse.

pswope

One out of three
Ww

The only indicator was the garden variety " I really like you",which I took to be total bullshit because the lady was so stoic during our non-sexual moments (In fact I had threatened not to see her again after 2nd visit because she spent so much time on her cell b4 our session began that it became annoying(not the she didn't give me more than the time I paid for)
She only knows my trick name.
Billy

I w/ ya, but she said she didn't want any $$ (the milkmaid test). The reason I was able to say no is the offer* came after she stopped blowing me and started to talk about her feelings for me. By the time she finished,I went from a raging boner to flaccid city.

*actually it did take some willpower because she really pressed it("NO man ever turned down fucking me"!) But she also said you'll be able to pull out in time. Thereafter,it was limp city.

pjorourke

Thinks he's Caesar's Wife
Re: Re: Reverse Reaction

Originally posted by Wwanderer
Are you sure that there have been no previous indications of anything unusual from her that were more subtle and that you might have disregarded?
Hey, we are talking guys here. To us, anything short of a 2 by 4 across the back of the head is subtle.

pswope

One out of three
In addition to what PJ said , we also have the culture/age gap- 25yo ghetto girl and 49 yo whiteman. Very different ways and cues of communicating (no I didn't get a you're my boo. only bender gets that).

Wwanderer

Re: Re: Re: Reverse Reaction

Originally posted by pjorourke
a 2 by 4 across the back of the head is subtle.
Right. Is there some other meaning of "subtle"?

-Ww

PS - Hopelessly naive dreamboy though I may be, I also would not be going back if I were in swope's shoes in this situation...does not sound at all promising.

Last nite I had a session w/ a lady I've seen about 4 times(she's listed in the Lola thread-on NYC board). We've had a cordial,but strictly commercial relationship (eg never even kissed).

Out of nowhere and I mean nowhere, she starts with real passionate dfk and then says she wants me to have bbfs with her. Then she goes on to say (I'll skip the feelings shit) that she wants me to stop seeing anyone(she said the clerk told her I was there w/ others) but my wife and her.

I won't see her again.
You're a better man than I am.

I won't see her again.
Wow. That'd freak me out too. I would not be going back either.

Improvisational Theater and "love" with providers

To my way of thinking, the very best and safest way (balancing interests that include opposite tensions) to be in love with a provider is to be involved with one who knows, as you do, that it's a play. You are both characters in a void which is also a stage.

You are both players. You are ready for the dropped line that provides an entry point, the unexpected pun that forces a melodramatic reaction, the kind of passion projection that can be heard in the back of the house.

Not only is she the kind of girl who would go down on you in a theater. That's the only place she'll do it.

This is wonderful fun. And the orgasms and feelings can be quite real. You can even say "I love you."

But it's exactly like the kinds of "I love yous" that actors share with one another. When the show is over, nobody lingers. They go on to the next stage, the next film, the next improv. They would have it no other way.

Wwanderer

Re: Improvisational Theater and "love" with providers

Originally posted by oddfellow4870
To my way of thinking, the very best and safest way (balancing interests that include opposite tensions) to be in love with a provider is to be involved with one who knows, as you do, that it's a play. ... But it's exactly like the kinds of "I love yous" that actors share with one another. When the show is over, nobody lingers. They go on to the next stage, the next film, the next improv. They would have it no other way.
Very interesting and clear, sounds like good fun, but not at all what I (and most other dreamboys, I think) mean by a real relationship with a provider. "Different strokes for different folks."

-Ww

Re: Re: Improvisational Theater and "love" with providers

Very interesting and clear, sounds like good fun, but not at all what I (and most other dreamboys, I think) mean by a real relationship with a provider. "Different strokes for different folks."

-Ww
It's not what I want either, but it is the "safest" way to "fall in love" with a provider. There's very little pain involved.

If you've ever been around improv actors (of mixed sexes... or not) rehearsing, you'll note the heavy amount of sexuality, playfulness and creativity. Add real sex to the mix and a pay for play arrangement and you're booked for at least 3 engagements.......

This Is The Way It Is

Originally posted by oddfellow4870
To my way of thinking, the very best and safest way (balancing interests that include opposite tensions) to be in love with a provider is to be involved with one who knows, as you do, that it's a play. You are both characters in a void which is also a stage.

You are both players. You are ready for the dropped line that provides an entry point, the unexpected pun that forces a melodramatic reaction, the kind of passion projection that can be heard in the back of the house.

Not only is she the kind of girl who would go down on you in a theater. That's the only place she'll do it.

This is wonderful fun. And the orgasms and feelings can be quite real. You can even say "I love you."

But it's exactly like the kinds of "I love yous" that actors share with one another. When the show is over, nobody lingers. They go on to the next stage, the next film, the next improv. They would have it no other way.
What you have described is in fact the reality of all the events of our life.

We have become such good method actors that most of the time we forget that we are only playing the role.

"All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts"

There is never a problem loving anyone. The problem is concern about being loved back.

justme

homo economicus

In other words, I think you have identified an important, probably the important, difference, but it can be damn hard, in practise, to determine whether or not a relationship is quid pro quo...which makes the distinction considerably less useful.

-Ww
I think it's fair to say that if you are paying someone to have sex with you, that is is more than likely a quid pro quo relationship.

As far as your implicit argument that you never know whether you're really being loved or really being played, sure. But I'd like to think that I'm smart (humble) enough to tell the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.