Falling for a client

Status
Not open for further replies.
If They So Wish

Originally posted by Kimmie

I think men could not possibly "love" someone, or even on some level respect someone, who gets paid to fuck.

From the girls stand point. How can she love someone who use to pay her to fuck him?

And even if she no longer takes his money because she enjoys the way he fucks her, she would never really love him. He not only pays her for sex, but he pays other girls for sex.

Is it possible to love someone like that? I mean really love?

Like them, YES. Understand them, YES. But love?

Love is a big word, used too much, even in this profession.

Why would a john want to fall for a hooker, a woman who takes money for sex?

Why would a hooker fall for a man who pays girls to fuck him?

They dont want to. They cant!

And not charging them anymore isnt going to EVER change how you met. It also will NOT make him see you any differently, or YOU see him any differently.

If you are right, and I don’t believe you are, I would have to think long are hard (no pun) about continuing to hobby.

While you are addressing different specific circumstances:

- Can a john and a hooker, who met as such, ever love each other?
- Can a man ever love a woman who works as a hooker?
- Can women ever love a man who sees hookers?
- Can a man ever love a woman who has worked as a hooker?
- Can a woman ever love a man who has ever seen hookers?

it is very difficult not to answer all of these questions, regardless if you answer yes or no, in the same way.

This is not to say that each individual man/john and woman/hooker might not have different answers to the questions, but if you put any before each instance of man/john and woman/hooker, which is the way in which you have presented the issue it does not seem that the answer to one of these questions could be yes and the other no.

The situations involve different degrees of the presence of the hooker/john issue in the relationship between a man and a women. With the last set of circumstances expressing the least degree of the presence of the issue and the first circumstance offering the greatest.

To see why the answer must be the same (again, when expressed in the contest of all people not from the perspective of any one person) the answer to any one of the questions is yes the answer to all of the questions must be yes, and if no it must be no for all the situations we need only look at the possibility in the extreme instances.

If no man could love any women who ever was a hooker, and no hooker could ever love any man who was a john, it would seem to be the case that the answer only becomes more emphatically no as the presence of the issue becomes greater as it does if the activities are still ongoing or in the most extreme case when it was such activities which actually created the possibility of the relationship.

Similarly if a john can love a hooker when the relationship was created at first by the two meeting each other in those respective roles, it is difficult to see why the answer to the other questions would not also have to be yes.

Clearly though there are men who love women who have been hookers and there are hookers that love men that have been johns. And there are couples that have met each other as hooker and john where the relationship has evolved to love.

So I don’t really think that your position is correct on this issue. This isn’t to say that the issue of the presence of instances of commercial sex on the part of either person does not have the possibility of affecting the evolution of the relationship to love. But in any relationship, any and all actions of either person, either in the past or present has the potential to affect the possibility of the development of the relationship.

I agree with you that love is a big word used much too much. In fact it is easier for me to consider the possibility that love between a specific man and specific woman may not be possible. But if it is possible, I can’t see that there is anything about involvement in commercial sex that precludes the possibility.

But as I said in the beginning, if that were not the case, I don’t think I could continue to participate in the “hobby”. Because if love is a possibility I would not want to be involved in something which resulted in it no longer being a possibility for anyone.

If I believed that johns could respect hookers or even love them, I would open myself to that, and then, as sure as I love to suck dick, I would be shown that it is total romanticized BULL SHIT!

Nah, I will stick to this belief because its probably a more rational theory.
A few observations based on my experience;

Love is not rational

Unlike many of the other feelings we are prone to experience, such as desire, lust, and anger, love is much less boisterous and imposing – it does not come unless invited, nor stay when it is not appreciated.

I really can’t believe that in a universe with such a nature that it allows us to exist, and also allows the experience of love to exist, that in such a universe any individual would be precluded from experiencing love if they so wish.

Last edited:
Originally posted by akshun

Here's my problem with that. Have you ever asked any john if that is true? What if 1000 guys said 'yes, your premise is true', but 1 guy said 'no, I believe I could look past that'. Is he a liar, naive, a jerk, stupid? Or is he the ONE guy who actually can get over it?

Like anyone would be really honest?

Your statments make it seem as if you know what is possible for another person to feel without asking them. I don't necessarily believe your statement is more rational. I believe you've rationalized your point of view because this protects you from being hurt and helps to keep your world view (or maybe romantic view) simple (I'm not a psychologist or psychiarist). Probably nothing wrong with that as long as you find support for that view.
Hurt by who? A John?

If my approach to my work involves no emotional attachments, how does this mean I am trying to avoid being hurt?

We are not discussing a personal relationship here. This is WORK!

Do you tell your lawyer he is trying to avoid being hurt because he doesnt believe he could have a romantic relationship with his clients???

Last edited:
buddyyy, what can I say, you brought up some great points, thats why I did not even bother to quote you.

I suppose my questions have no real answers. Maybe I am trying to figure out why I make certain men who were clients, non clients when a friendship develops.

Maybe I am trying to figure out if I did fall for a client if he would ever respect me and if I would ever respect him, despite how we met.

Maybe I just need to stop asking so many questions..

Johns might be more understanding and excepting of you, even though you suck dick for a living, however I dont think they could respect you as much as a man who doesnt know about your profession.

Its a tough situation, with no real, clear answers.

All I know is I treat clients differently then I treat my friends who were once clients..

Not worse, not better....just different..

Last edited:
Johns might be more understanding and excepting of you, even though you suck dick for a living, however I dont think they could respect you as much as a man who doesnt know about your profession.

Kimmie, I guess the question is who you would rather take a chance with,

a guy who knows what you do for a living because that's how he meet you and is OK with it

or

falling for a guy who doesn't know and be forever worrying what will happen if and when he does find out.

Hurt by who? A John?

If my approach to my work involves no emotional attachments, how does this mean I am trying to avoid being hurt?

We are not discussing a personal relationship here. This is WORK!

Do you tell your lawyer he is trying to avoid being hurt because he doesnt believe he could have a romantic relationship with his clients??? [/B]
A husband does not turn to his wife and tell her "hey hun, I'm feeling really romatic tonight. Why don't we draft a legal brief together while we imagine we have tort reform". Nahh, that doesn't make any sense.

I can imagine a situation where one spouse may engage in a form of intercourse with thier SO to show that they appreciate them.

I have become friends with a few of my clients. One I see off the clock. I like them, but I dont think there could ever be love involved. Mostly because of how we met each other.

Respect is a very big thing to me.

I truly feel that, on some level, there is lack of respect between johns and hookers. And even if they started to see each other and no money were involved, it would not change.
I think friends, loving and respectful friends, is possible. At least as I see it. That might be because I base my reactions to people on how they treat me, and not particularly on how they deal with others.

If I found basis to like and respect someone within a financial arrangement I had with them that would be so whether that financial arrangement was their paying me for my consulting or my paying them for their services. The fact that the service in question might be sexual doesn't enter into the equation until TRUST becomes a dominant factor.

Now there, where the feelings are not just caring, or even loving, but desirious of mutual long term romantic intimacy, you have two people entering into this [one assumes a mutuality here] who know that each has been unable to maintain sexual monogamy. Whether that be for profit, or pleasure, or both.

Now, I can see myself in an open relationship where my partner has latitude to see other people sexually [as do I]. Though my preference would be to have a partner who plays WITH me then WITHOUT me. However, I see sexual profitering to be a dangerous business. One that is fraught with risks. I don't know if I would care to have a love of mine assuming such risks. I could allow for it in a friend, even a casual lover, as my right to stick my nose in her business is highly limited. Especially if I knew such activity was taking place BEFORE my involvement. Still, if the relationship was a loving, romantic, commited relationship I would ask her to consider an open relationship devoid of pay for play activity for her safety and my own. [Not to suggest that open relationships where sex is being shared with others is not without risk. I am just aware of ways to do so that limit those risks significantly. Such as screened groups of liked minded individuals playing within their own closed ranks]

I suppose my questions have no real answers. Maybe I am trying to figure out why I make certain men who were clients, non clients when a friendship develops.
I can't imagine you don't. It would be strange if you didn't. Clients are clients, friends and friends, lovers are lovers. Each relationship is different. But I don't think that sometimes one relationship can't develop into a different one.

Maybe I am trying to figure out if I did fall for a client if he would ever respect me and if I would ever respect him, despite how we met.
Perhaps the issue that needs to be examined is "falling for" a client. While in some cases there can be a strong initial attraction between two people, that initial attraction does not ensure that the relationship evolves into a loving committed one.

My experience is that strong close relationships take time, regardless of the strength of the initial attraction, and regardless of the background or professions of the people. The trust, openness, mutual dependence which form the basis of a loving relationship develop based on the experiences that the individuals have with each other over time. In certain cases the fact that you are, or have been a provider, will be something that does become a barrier. In the same way that the fact that I see providers, or have seen providers would be a barrier to some women developing a relationship with me. In some cases it won't.

I don't think it can be known in advance. Many people are in relationships with people who have characteristics or backgrounds that they would not have expected in the person they imagined they wanted to be with. In fact many people are in relationships with people that have characteristics or backgrounds that they, if they had thought about it they would have thought would have been totally inconsistent with the type of person they thought they would be happy with. But they are in the relationship and it is working. I think the reason for this is that in many cases all of the other things which the person is and offers more than offset that one particular characteristic.

So while there are risks associated with choosing to derive happiness from things you do not control, the risks and manageable as long as you maintain a realistic perspective on the relationship and allow its importance to you to grow as your experience with and trust in the other person grows. Don’t fall in love – grow in love.

Maybe I just need to stop asking so many questions..

Johns might be more understanding and excepting of you, even though you suck dick for a living, however I don’t think they could respect you as much as a man who doesn’t know about your profession.

Its a tough situation, with no real, clear answers.

All I know is I treat clients differently then I treat my friends who were once clients..

Not worse, not better....just different..
I don’t think it is something you should stop thinking about. A lot of what is going to be required is for you to first become aware and consciously understand what’s behind the feelings and beliefs that you have. So much of what we think, believe, and feel is not based what we really think, believe and know but rather is based on all that we have been “fed” by our parents, our friends, and our culture. When that “created by others” self has different feelings than our self, problems are sure to follow.

You obviously are conflicted about what you do. You would only doubt whether someone could respect you based on what they do, or whether you could respect someone who goes to providers, if you did not have concerns about the respectability or correctness of what you do. And yet you choose to do it. I am sure that there are a number of things that you don’t think are right, and therefore you have chosen not to do them. But for some reason in this case you do. So who is choosing to have you do something that you don’t feel comfortable with? I think its you. The reak question is are you making yourself do something that you really think is wrong, and if that is the case why? Or are you making yourself think that something that you do is wrong, and if that is the case why?

Personally I think our culture has a lot of confusion, hypocritical beliefs, and dysfunctional attitudes about sex. I am glad that those beliefs and believe its and pressure not with standing, some women choose to offer the opportunity for pleasurable, intimate experiences which otherwise would not be available to me. And I’m very glad that those experiences are available in the context of a mutually acceptable self-contained transaction that enables me to have that experience without all of the problems that might be associated with seeking those kind of experiences outside of an explicit financial context. Also personally, the extent to which I respect someone does not have anything to do with whether they are a provider or not.

But what I think is not important for you. What you may need to do is decide what you really think and then makes choices that are consistent with those understandings.

Last edited:
Geez I dont know where to begin. I think Thorn is saying he agrees with me.

buddyyy, I assure you I am not conflicted about what I do. I love my work and enjoy being on my knees.

Actually, I was doing quite well until Dr Love and akshun started to challenge me about how I think and feel about clients.

I am quite happy with the way I approach my work and my relationships in my work. It works for me.

Dr Love is a romantic...akshun is a realist, and I think I fall somewhere in between.

I am sure that what dr love, classyblonde, Greekgirl, ozzy, psychosis, and the rest have or had was or is very real to them. I just dont think that it could be as "real" as a relationship had outside of this profession.

once again.. just my opinion..

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by paulus

Now I am at it, it is also incomprehensible for the same reason when providers mail out detailed lists of what times are taken and when they have "openings" (hopefully they always have openings). Are we as clients supposed to be motivated to fill the last one of the openings? "Yeah man, I just love to be squeezed in between the first three of the day and the last two to complete her target of half a dozen". Is that the way guys think?

Paulus
Stalingrad - Mon Amour
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Caitlin of New York

Paulus,

You assume that all she does with her time is service clients. For some reason, clients seem to forget that we do other things besides have sex all the time. If it still bothers you, don't ask when she is available.

Caitlin

Paulus, how can you not expect us to have a schedule?

It might sound impersonal, but what else do you suggest we do? How do you want appointments made?

When I get a call for my incalls I am asked what times I have available.

Isn't the purpose of your call, to make an appointment, to find out when we are available?

Are you trying to say she has to be available for you when you want and not at her conveinence?

Originally posted by buddyyy
Well now that we have all that resolved when are you coming in NJ?

You know that Dee lives nearby.
I hate NJ.. I would rather poke my eyes out then go to NJ..

no offense jersey people..

NY is sooooooo much better.. I think you should cum to NY :)

This question is one of those types you would have seen in a college psych course. The answers are boundless and the right answer of course depends on who is the grader of the exam. There is no "right" answer b/c depending on how you were raised or what culture you came from, this "chance" opportunity could never happen or would be too sickening for some people to contemplate. Of course if you are one of those open minded types, does it matter what the person did in the past dictate what you will think in the future?

I find it a bit amusing for those "married" hobbyists who go on their merry way in pursuing this activity thinking that they will never get caught or slip up someday. Why should did? They have it all figured out b/c no way can things go wrong for them. Isn't that the truth?

For the ladies, I would find it interesting to discover that a majority in their teens when they started feeling changes in there bodies suddenly decide that they wanted to enter the "oldest" profession in the world! It was a no brainer. Right? For perhaps a few, this activity is more than a job, it is an adventure of a life time. But for most others, it is a means that hopefully will get them to somewhere else.

What's the point? Anything can happen. Whether it is fate, the stars were in the correct alignment, it was a relationship that was made in heaven, etc. What is the divorce rate in the U.S.? Around 50%. Those are pretty heavy odds for relationships that were based on ideal conditions that came crashing to earth. So what are the odds that a client or provider will fall for each other? I really don't care b/c if it does happen, I wouldn't doubt there would be a crowd of disbelievers. It is just how most people are. I'm not naive, but perhaps a little more open to the possibilities.

Adopting

well...after my ex-hubby, I never fell for any clients again.
I've made few friends from former clients but not lovers, because I'm NOT looking for a relationship with anything but a cock for couple hours.
But, sometimes I feel like "adopting" a client.
This saturday I've met an UG guy (hello...you know I'm talking about YOU!) and he was one of the most adorable things I ever had escorting.
He's 30 something but don't look a day older than 18. His skin was soooo soft, his lips soooo sweet and he was simply delicious in all aspects.
I had a female friend with me, so he got a double treat, and we just could not take our hands off his body and I kept saying..."can I adopt you?"

billyS

Reign of Terror
Kimmie,
I tried reading most of this thread but my eyes hurt.
MHO:
There are two seperate topics here
1) Can a hooker fall for a client?
Of course she can. If she meets someone who is her "type" (for you a burly guy with a gotee) who meets her physical and personality ideals. Just because he is a client, doesn't mean a hooker shuts off that little impluse in her head that tells her when she likes someone.
2) Can it work?
It seems to me that you feel it can't because you feel the guy will never respect her because of the way they met. It also seems to me that respect is very very important to you. Well all guys are different and if the guy a hooker fell for realy did respect the hooker then it would be up to him to convince her that he did. It might be impossible. Like trying to convince someone that they are so pretty that a few extra pounds aren't even noticed.
Bottom fucking line:
Yes to the original question. We are all human and we have no control over who we 'fall' for.

a little truth...yes.....providers fall for old fucking men.
been there, done that.....not comfortable ....
Now ive corrected the situation......and yes..it cost me.....
Now Im sorry because I miss the crazy fucking girl that fucked with my head.(no love involved by me, but she made me feel like a million bucks when she wasnt crying about her personal life.)

Geez I dont know where to begin. I think Thorn is saying he agrees with me.

buddyyy, I assure you I am not conflicted about what I do. I love my work and enjoy being on my knees.

Actually, I was doing quite well until Dr Love and akshun started to challenge me about how I think and feel about clients.

I am quite happy with the way I approach my work and my relationships in my work. It works for me.

Dr Love is a romantic...akshun is a realist, and I think I fall somewhere in between.

I am sure that what dr love, classyblonde, Greekgirl, ozzy, psychosis, and the rest have or had was or is very real to them. I just dont think that it could be as "real" as a relationship had outside of this profession.

once again.. just my opinion..

Um........I thought I was on the romantic side of the discussion.

By the way, I wasn't challenging you. You asked a question open to all and I answeerd along with others, so no harm no foul. We're just learning more about how others think.

Originally posted by billyS
Kimmie,
1) Can a hooker fall for a client?
Of course she can. If she meets someone who is her "type" (for you a burly guy with a gotee)

I dont think that just having a goatee is going to make me fall for someone. There would have to be a lot more to him then that. I have been known to fall for average height, thin guys too. Its how they treat you that is important, not how they look.

Like trying to convince someone that they are so pretty that a few extra pounds aren't even noticed.

Gee wonder who you meant with THAT comment!

Bottom fucking line:
Yes to the original question. We are all human and we have no control over who we 'fall' for.
I guess that is the bottom line. But I disagree, I think we do have control over who we fall for.

Last edited:
Originally posted by akshun

Um........I thought I was on the romantic side of the discussion.

By the way, I wasn't challenging you. You asked a question open to all and I answeerd along with others, so no harm no foul. We're just learning more about how others think.
Well I could not call Dr Love the realist!
:rolleyes:

I did ask a question, and I wanted responses, and I appreciate your input. I was simply saying that I felt even more compelled to defend my views once challenged by you and Dr Love, and therefore it might have made me sound like I was not happy with my choices.

I am quite happy with my job and my choice to not fall for a man who is a paying client!

Status
Not open for further replies.