Editing posts

sonryu said, "Will do. But it seems that when you first post, you have a limited window to edit it afterwards (there's an option below the post itself). I'm guessing once there's a reply, the edit option disappears. Edit: where's the editing posts thread?"

We just need him to show us where that magical option resides.

A+ job, sonryu. Screen shot post is just what was needed to clear this up.
Only one problem for me. I never see those three options appear after I post.

So, can Slinky, a moderator, or the software guy tell us what the hell is going on here. This has got to be one of the biggest all-time mysteries ever on UG.

A thought just occurred to me that perhaps it has something to do with the browser I'm using. I use Chrome. Maybe Chrome doesn't support those options. Can everyone who posted on here chime in with the browser they use. I would really love to solve this puzzle. IT glitches drive me even more batty than the BSC girls do. thanks

In summary for me, no difference in seeing these options in either IE, Mozilla, or Chrome. So, doesn't appear to be browser issue.
Mac vs. PC maybe? Can anyone figure this out?

You should be able to edit your post for a minute or two after you post it or last edit it.
Look at sonryu's posts #24 and #20. It appears that he went back and re-edited #20 with "Edit 2" after he had already posted the screen shot in #24. That would likely have been more than just a minute or two later.