Editing posts

Is it Android vs iPhone? I have Android and no matter what I do, I do not see an edit button.
I don't think it's just a phone issue, as sonryu earlier said, "I'm currently on mobile, but it's the same on desktop."
But it could be a Mac vs. PC thing that would translate similarly to phones.

You should be able to edit your post for a minute or two after you post it or last edit it.
The window of opportunity is definitely more than just a minute or two. In sonryu's most recent post in the ASHLEY thread, he edited it 6 minutes after the original post according to the time stamps.

You should be able to edit your post for a minute or two after you post it or last edit it.
On the old board i was able too, with the test post i did i couldn't do it right at all, i tried right after i posted it.

Banacek: moderators can edit any post in their section only, or at least that's the way its always been with me.

On my Windows PC, I use Firefox as my browser. On my Android phone, I also use Firefox. This post is being written on my PC in IE. Let's see if I can edit it. In regards to how long the edit option is available, I've seen it available for up to 13 minutes so far (but it's not like I'm checking for it regularly lol). Edit: so yeah, I still have it in IE too. As I stated before, and as stated by The Exiled, I'm pretty sure it's related to WHEN the profile was created. I must have been post-upgrade. I'm not sure why anyone pre-upgrade wouldn't gain the option(s) though :/ Edit 2: 'cuz I can lol

Last edited:
Mark my words. It has to do with whether you joined before or after the software upgrade.
So the older members who had editing privileges under the former software lost it in the new software transition. And new members who come on board after the change, get the option? That's a nasty turn of events. I'll email Slinky and ask him if I can create a second handle to test your theory.

A thought just occurred to me that perhaps it has something to do with the browser I'm using. I use Chrome. Maybe Chrome doesn't support those options. Can everyone who posted on here chime in with the browser they use. I would really love to solve this puzzle. IT glitches drive me even more batty than the BSC girls do. thanks
Doesn't work with IE that I use only for UG (I and my SO use Firefox for all other internet stuff - I have my IE setup with all history deleted on exit, no auto fill, etc.)

If I remember correctly the old software had the original post on page 1 and the post went from there
The new version the newest post is the first post.
Those that can edit... Is this post on page 1 or page 3?

If I remember correctly the old software had the original post on page 1 and the post went from there
The new version the newest post is the first post.
Those that can edit... Is this post on page 1 or page 3?
I think there's a setting for whether threads are viewed in ascending or descending order. I see that post on page 3, and that's because I'm logged in. If I log out, it's on page 1.

Try this then... Change the aetting tfrom original on page 1 newest on last page to the newest first page and see if you still have the edit function
I tried but cant find option to change it

Try this then... Change the aetting tfrom original on page 1 newest on last page to the newest first page and see if you still have the edit function
I tried but cant find option to change it
1. click on link with your name
2. click on preferences
3. under options, change selection in drop down box to oldest post first
4. click on save changes

One of the options under preferences is this:
"Use the rich text editor to create and edit messages,"
so you would think that editing is doable.