Editing posts

I was under the impression that the new board software did not allow user edits. But a member wrote in another thread, "Actually, one can self edit posts....as I have just done it here."

When I asked him how he accomplished this, he replied,
" What I'm writing now is an edit. After seeing my original post, in the bottom left corner is an option to edit. I just clicked it.
This is a second edit to the original post. Maybe it is a timed option, meaning after the original post has been posted for a set amount of time, editing is not an option."

I don't see the option in the bottom left corner. Can anyone enlighten me?

On Groucho's quiz show, "You Bet Your Life", a duck would drop down if a contestant said a secret word.
As I recall (I was only a kid then), the show was more about Groucho's interviewing the contestants than that of the quiz questions. Groucho would ask leading questions to the contestants hoping they would say the secret word (known to the audience at the start of the show) and the duck would come down with a $100 bill in its beak.
One time instead of a duck a female model came down with the $100 - I wonder if the male contestant thought he had to choose the $100 or the girl.

Interesting (to me anyway) Groucho's show was not involved with the quiz show scandals during that era.

You can't edit your post on this site. The old software had the option but not with the "upgrade".
That's what I've been contending all along. But in the ASHLEY thread, one of sonryu's posts says, "Last edited: 13 minutes ago." I asked him if he himself edited it, and if so, asked him to kindly on this thread and explain it.

Ok so here I am! Yes, I edited it myself. Twice in fact lol. I think the ability to edit may be timed. After posting, there's an option to 'edit' under the post. I thought that maybe it disappeared once someone replied/posted next, but it was still there after receiving a reply. But only for a short time, because it's gone now. A forum/software upgrade is mentioned... maybe only newer members that joined post upgrade can see the option? Edit: because I can lol. The edit option is on the bottom left, followed by 'delete' and 'report'. Edit 2, fixed a typo :p

Last edited: