Coronavirus: The Sick Elephant In The Room

Took the J&J Thursday. By late evening had fever and chills couldn't sleep. Morning after lethargic, pain in all joints, and massive headache. Rested all day. Saturday morning better but mind foggy as heck. By noon I was pretty much back to normal. Guess it was worth it. J&J seemed least risky long term since no mRNA. Who knows...

Took the J&J Thursday. By late evening had fever and chills couldn't sleep. Morning after lethargic, pain in all joints, and massive headache. Rested all day. Saturday morning better but mind foggy as heck. By noon I was pretty much back to normal. Guess it was worth it. J&J seemed least risky long term since no mRNA. Who knows...
Damn that does not sound good. That is exactly why I still question the shot.

Damn that does not sound good. That is exactly why I still question the shot.
As with everything in life there are tradeoffs.

If you do get the shot:
Most people have very reaction other than soreness at injection site and some have 1 day of "lethargic, pain in all joints, and massive headache". Klitlcker69 is the only case I've heard of that had it like that.
After that the vast majority are protected and even if you get the virus it is very mild.

If you don't get the shot:
you don't get the next day side effects — but if you get the virus some of the side effects can be (in order of severity):
death
damage to trachea from being ventilated that will effect you rest of your life
lethargic, headaches, foggy mind for for months not being able to work (I know of a healthy, trim 29 yr old that this happened to)
lethargic, pain in all joints, and massive headache for a week or so
blood clots (my 28 yr old kid had "covid toes" cause by blood clots from the virus.

and IMHO, the worst side effect is infecting others, and maybe killing someone you really care about

I got my second Pfizer shot this past week.
Foggy the first day, some body pain. sore arm for three days.
No biggie.
Here are the anecdotal results of my talking to people about their shots (maybe total of 30 adults:
Moderna — sore arm for couple days, feeling fatigued day after 2nd shot. For those who already had the virus, side effects were after 1st shot.
Pfizer - sore arm 1 day after shot, very little side effect after either shot. For those who already had the virus, side effects were mild after 1st shot and after 2nd shot.
J&J sore arm, mild side effects. For those who already had the virus, side effects were mild although some had fatigue, mild fever.

I had Moderna, sore after 1st & 2nd shot for couple days, After 2nd shot fatigued (so much so if I was still working I probably would have stayed home from work — and I almost never had a legit sick day in years when I was working.)

Maybe a poor analogy but:

How many of you vaccine naysayers who are afraid of a needle, a day or two of lethargy, or other side effects have
- stuck their tongue or dick in any uncovered orafice of your local SW, low or high end companion..

Just sayin
Afraid of the vaccine but no problem jamming Wendy's or some other crappie fast food down their throat.

SUPAMAN

Not here for the bear hunting
I had the Pfizer - was totally fine - day of .. day after my arm was a little sore - just like it is when I get the flu shot. No lethargy or any other side effects.
The Pfizer Vaccine is ineffective against the South African strain of Covid, you're gonna need another shot!

The Pfizer Vaccine is ineffective against the South African strain of Covid, you're gonna need another shot!
Your statement is incorrect.
The statement should be: The Pfizer Vaccine is less effective against the South African strain of Covid compared to other strains . Despite the reduction, neutralizing antibodies "remain above levels that are expected to be protective" (National Institutes of Health).

Big difference.

SUPAMAN

Not here for the bear hunting
Your statement is incorrect.
The statement should be: The Pfizer Vaccine is less effective against the South African strain of Covid compared to other strains . Despite the reduction, neutralizing antibodies "remain above levels that are expected to be protective" (National Institutes of Health).

Big difference.
FOX Newscaster this morning broadcast used the term "ineffective."