Colonoscopy

They kinda told me to eat light today...but everyone I speak to said they pigged out afterwards lol
No polyps — your golden. Given that do some research of the 5 years to next test

Maybe you can take advantage of low calorie consumption for today and yesterday and resume normal eating tomorrow (just a thought on what I do).

BTW, although you will have lost a little "real" weight don't bother weighing yourself right now as you have a totally empty bowel and you lost a lot of fluids and # on the scale is bogus.

No polyps — your golden. Given that do some research of the 5 years to next test

Maybe you can take advantage of low calorie consumption for today and yesterday and resume normal eating tomorrow (just a thought on what I do).

BTW, although you will have lost a little "real" weight don't bother weighing yourself right now as you have a totally empty bowel and you lost a lot of fluids and # on the scale is bogus.
The weight loss is the best part.

I was shocked at what a big nothing it was to go through. I was nervous about it as well. They do like 30 a day - they don't care anything about your ass. They probably see a lot of disgusting asses.

I was shocked at what a big nothing it was to go through. I was nervous about it as well. They do like 30 a day - they don't care anything about your ass. They probably see a lot of disgusting asses.
True- except the poor candidate whose bowel gets perforated or polyup does not get cauterized properly ..

Happened to someone I know recently

Routine procedure - Next day he is bleeding profusely from his behind.. Panics, faints- 911, by ambulance to hospital- The large benign polyp ( fortunately) was not cauterized properly .. All fixed up but a scary event for him

It's a big money maker for the MDs and anesthesiologists so they have a dog in the fight in how often they recommend it.

My guy sends out a certified letter that has to be signed for when it's time for my periodic colonoscopy. It's because he is concerned about the health of his patients he says.

That's why you should check out legit medical sites (Mayo, Harvard, et al) to see what they have to say about how often you need to have the procedure based on your age, # of polyps found, family history, etc.

The procedure, as @trader1 can verify, has its risks as does every other procedure even something common like dental root canal or dental implant. Even the prep fluid you take has risks for your kidneys. It's all about risk vs benefit.

I know someone who was having an operation on his heel and died on operating table.